2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So Schefter is saying that Jimmy G probably won't get traded, and I honestly hope that is the case. I would really prefer the 49ers ride with Jimmy this year and have the rookie sit behind him, and hell if the rookie is good enough even push him to start. The 49ers roster is solid outside of probably the secondary, and they have a better chance of winning with Jimmy than they do a rookie. Don't forget, a rookie QB has never won, or even started a Super Bowl.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Haha so his name is really Mike Jones.

Anyone remember the rapper Mike Jones? MIKE JONES.

Makes me like him a LITTLE more. I truly believe the 49ers are taking Lance now though. Lynch wants Trey, and word is ownership likes Lance as well. SO if Shanahan takes Mike Jones, he better win and win a lot to keep his job going forward.

Please draft this mike Jones.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not looking forward to staying up until pick 32

First world problems
As a Seahawks fan, Im glad I dont have to watch the first 25 picks only to have the Seahawks trade out of the first round. Saves me 5 hours of my life and disappointment haha.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Take a page out of the Texans' handbook and just trade away your R1 & R2 picks.

That had to hurt to type

As a Seahawks fan, Im glad I dont have to watch the first 25 picks only to have the Seahawks trade out of the first round. Saves me 5 hours of my life and disappointment haha.

I'm legit curious to see who the Bucs take at 32, if they even stay at that spot. D-line depth or maybe a QB straggler are about the only logical options.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That had to hurt to type
It was more like this

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Any comparisons to Brady are fucking stupid. Haven't actually watched that video yet, but just looking at the caption I am already annoyed.

• 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I am just not really on the Mac Jones train. His numbers are good yeah, but he was playing behind a line that is gonna be all drafted in the 1st or 2nd round, and be starters in the nfl, and threw to two receivers that are Heisman quality, with one of them actually winning it and likely a top 10 pick.

We will see.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That had to hurt to type

I'm legit curious to see who the Bucs take at 32, if they even stay at that spot. D-line depth or maybe a QB straggler are about the only logical options.

You guys can just let the board fall to you and go BPA. Someone always slips through that shouldn't. Lot of depth at LB, OL. Maybe a corner you really like.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pick 30 is going to take a LONG time to get too lol

I hope the bills can snag either RB1 or RB2 at 30. If not a playmaking DE or CB !

Najee Harris is being linked to Pittsburgh a lot. I think Etienne might be on some radars late in the 1st or early 2nd, too. I did hear Javonte Williams might surprise people and go Round 1, could make sense for Buffalo if they aren't sold on their guys.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's kind of funny with RBs. Harris would have been like a top ~ 10 pick less than a decade ago. Now he's probably going to go late teens or even in the 20s as the first RB taken and there's a reasonable chance that he's the only one taken in round 1.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
It's kind of funny with RBs. Harris would have been like a top ~ 10 pick less than a decade ago. Now he's probably going to go late teens or even in the 20s as the first RB taken and there's a reasonable chance that he's the only one taken in round 1.

Looking at CBS draft board they don't even have a team with RB as a need until the Steelers at 24, then Bills at 30, then Bucs at 32. Bucs are fine at RB IMO but whatever, rather them take a swing at a LB, DL, or QB there. Pittsburgh and Buffalo could totally use the help though, would not be surprised if there's a background game of chicken going on to see if Buffalo moves up to snag Harris or if the Steelers luck out and he drops all the way.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Buccs and Steelers are the only teams I see realistically taking an RB in round 1. But I would not be surprised if the Steelers went D and waited until day 2 for an RB.