2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only reason why Bucs have RB as a need is because Rojo and Fournette will both be free agents next year. Frankly if they signed either one they would be fine, but who knows.

Rumors Saints want to trade up now...maybe they want a corner?

Fadaar

That guy
The only reason why Bucs have RB as a need is because Rojo and Fournette will both be free agents next year. Frankly if they signed either one they would be fine, but who knows.

Rumors Saints want to trade up now...maybe they want a corner?

its crazy to think that Fournette has only been in the league 1 year longer

personally i think they lock up Jones and Bernard after this coming season both relatively cheap but who knows

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have followed this 49er team since 1990, I have seen a lot of situations around the league as well in the last 30 years.

I think Jimmy G does get moved. It just makes too much sense. Ideally, you would like to have a grooming situation, where Garoppolo can go in there and mentor the young QB. Except it doesnt really make sense, and is a smoke screen.

Think about it.

First of all, Jimmy G hasnt been able to stay healthy. 2019 SB run was the only exception. How can he be a solid example when he cant even stay on the field. Second, this team is in win now mode. They dont have even one season to kind of throw away while mentoring a rookie in order to compete in 2022 and beyond. And lastly, they structured his contract in a way precisely for this eventuality. They owe him basically nothing at this point, if you were going to move on you move on now while you can still get SOMETHING for him. He wont do anything with trade clause as I imagine he is going to want to start somewhere.

And I am sad you left me out of that post Chanur and put Muurloen lol. Unless you did it on purpose just to be a dick, and if you did, well played sir, well played.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

its crazy to think that Fournette has only been in the league 1 year longer

personally i think they lock up Jones and Bernard after this coming season both relatively cheap but who knows

Not sure how you guys feel about Vaughn who is sitting there on your roster, too. I think overall Rojo ran the ball better than Fournette last year, but he's got his issues as a pass catcher. Fournette more well rounded but might want a bigger contract?

Fadaar

That guy
Not sure how you guys feel about Vaughn who is sitting there on your roster, too. I think overall Rojo ran the ball better than Fournette last year, but he's got his issues as a pass catcher. Fournette more well rounded but might want a bigger contract?

Problem is Fournette had that beast of a playoff run. So long term who knows, probably will come down to who's willing to take the smaller payday. Either way I don't see them keeping both on the team but JFC I said the same thing about Shaq Barrett, Godwin, and others so who the fuck knows. Godwin being due a big deal next year will hurt the RB payday more than anything.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just waiting for pick 57 where the Rams move back for an extra pick! See you tomorrow I guess!

• 2Worf

Merrith

Problem is Fournette had that beast of a playoff run. So long term who knows, probably will come down to who's willing to take the smaller payday. Either way I don't see them keeping both on the team but JFC I said the same thing about Shaq Barrett, Godwin, and others so who the fuck knows. Godwin being due a big deal next year will hurt the RB payday more than anything.

Hey for this year, made sense to squeeze everyone in to try and run it back. Also just gives you freedom the entire draft to just take talent that falls.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt want either Rojo orFournette, they arent good though. If they can upgrade that position with a more dynamic player why wouldnt they. They waited forever to resign Fournette too. Fournette had a couple good games at a good time, and still no other teams wanted to sign him.

Merrith

I wouldnt want either Rojo orFournette, they arent good though. If they can upgrade that position with a more dynamic player why wouldnt they. They waited forever to resign Fournette too. Fournette had a couple good games at a good time, and still no other teams wanted to sign him.

Good enough for what? Rojo could be a very good early down back, just have a 3rd down guy to come in and catch passes. When Fournette was out and Rojo was actually getting 20-25 touches for that stretch in October, he was killing it.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And I am sad you left me out of that post Chanur and put Muurloen lol. Unless you did it on purpose just to be a dick, and if you did, well played sir, well played.
You are a lifelong 49ers fan to me buddy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jozu Jozu Hahaha I did forget to add you. Sorry about that. I did add Muurloen as part of the joke though.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Worth a shot. I would be so fucking excited if Rodgers was suddenly a 49er.
Packers honestly should've taken this. What does Rodgers realistically have left? 3 years at most? I guess with Brees retiring they feel like they might get another SB before he's done?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Tonight might just be pure popcorn with all the potential crazy shit that could happen.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users