2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cosmi is a talented dude and I recall people talking about him going much higher going into this past year, not sure what happened. Also not really sure how his measurables play out in the pros if he remains as a tackle. Generally tackles aren't pulling all that much aside from some screen game calls. Defintely has insane measurables.

The rumor is they had terrible coaching, whole staff got fired or something. Matsko our O line coach has turned some rough guys into gems, so I assume he looks at the measurables and is excited to mold. Lucas actually did a good job at LT second half of the season last year, he's signed through this year so if Cosmi needs a year to fix stuff, he can. We also took Charles in the 4th last year, but they may view him more as a backup/can bump inside to guard.

Merrith

9ers and injury prone RB's, name a better duo!1

Kyle Shanahan was like "Let fantasy managers choose between only Mostert and Wilson this year? Fuck that, we need another." Fuck Denver for drafting Javonte Williams, too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck happened to Matt Brieda? He was playing really well in earlier 2019 then all the sudden fumbled a bunch of times and got put in Shanny's doghouse. Then he goes to Miami and does nothing.

It's crazy how RB can have an impact then just fall off the face of the Earth. Look at Patriot rbs over the years.

Fadaar

That guy
What the fuck happened to Matt Brieda? He was playing really well in earlier 2019 then all the sudden fumbled a bunch of times and got put in Shanny's doghouse. Then he goes to Miami and does nothing.

It's crazy how RB can have an impact then just fall off the face of the Earth. Look at Patriot rbs over the years.

Playing the hot hand and not dealing out big long term deals is why they were successful for so long too. God help us if Jones ends up being Brady 2.0.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rumor is they had terrible coaching, whole staff got fired or something. Matsko our O line coach has turned some rough guys into gems, so I assume he looks at the measurables and is excited to mold. Lucas actually did a good job at LT second half of the season last year, he's signed through this year so if Cosmi needs a year to fix stuff, he can. We also took Charles in the 4th last year, but they may view him more as a backup/can bump inside to guard.
It’s not a rumor.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

It's crazy how RB can have an impact then just fall off the face of the Earth. Look at Patriot rbs over the yearss

He is set up to win the Super Bowl this year!

Wanna talk about freak?

Raise you Spencer Brown

6’8 311

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kiper Jr said the 49ers 2nd pick of the Notre Dame O lineman banks was terrible. Said he was a 3rd or 4th round guy.

I never heard of him myself, but I was also upset about the Niners taking McGlinchey in 2018, but it turned out OK.

Spencer Brown is a freak.

28efcfac-8948-4360-b2c6-b71239206841-76_Spencer_Brown_4.JPG

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Kiper Jr said the 49ers 2nd pick of the Notre Dame O lineman banks was terrible. Said he was a 3rd or 4th round guy.

I never heard of him myself, but I was also upset about the Niners taking McGlinchey in 2018, but it turned out OK.

Spencer Brown is a freak.

28efcfac-8948-4360-b2c6-b71239206841-76_Spencer_Brown_4.JPG
I honestly don't give 2 shits what Kiper thinks. If you look at Banks he excelled in run zone blocking, and did above average in in pass blocking. The 49ers had a serious need at guard, and even though the guy is much larger than guards Shanahan normally goes for, he does really well at the things Shanahan wants to do. Of course he could end up being a total flop, that is how the draft works!

The moving up to pick a questionable RB while leaving some good DB's on the board, and then going with another DB who I honestly don't know shit about, was more of a bummer for me.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys draft that doesn't have me foaming at the mouth for how stupid it is? Is it too late to trade everything for 3 different running backs that will all suck in unique ways?

I'm in utter shock, did jerry forget to wake up and his coaches went rogue?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get it. The 49ers are so thin in the secondary, draft a guard in the 2nd round (which is fine), but then grab another guard in the 5th?

Merrith

Digging WFT draft so far. Forrest and St. Juste may turn out to be gems. The TE pick I'm a little skeptical of when Brevin Jordan was still on the board, but since he's looking to be the TE2 they may have preferred more of a blocking/H back type.

• 1Like