2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Sherman was my most hated Seahawk for sure. Especially after he broke up the touchdown pass to Crabtree in the last play of the NFC championship and then went to a camera and started talking shit about it. That superbowl was the one and only game I have ever rooted for the Patriots and Sherman crying on the sideline was a great comfort to me.

Then he became a 49er and caused me a lot of emotional confusion. I guess now I can go back to hating him.

Yeah Crabtree had NOTHING to do with that interaction....

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sherman made me laugh when he played. I just hope the bodycam comes out so I can continue to laugh.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
So the Bucs media staff has been doing a behind the scenes documentary called "In the Current" that they began last year when we got Brady. It's almost a Hard-Knocks style behind the scenes story and progression starting from the offseason and covering all of the games in the regular season/post-season. They just posted S2 episode 5 (Bucs playoff run) and its really good for behind the scenes - definitely would recommend it even for non-fans, because it's pretty great football content in a slow offseason

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1626369718531.gif

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's just playing football. What's he supposed to do? Run as fast as Sammy Watkins? Ain't going to happen.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's just playing football. What's he supposed to do? Run as fast as Sammy Watkins? Ain't going to happen.
Not cover him so close to the line? Not be a broken down old cunt who can't keep up with WRs anymore but is still perfectly capable of sprinting across the field to start throwing punches when some Bears get upset that one of your teammates tried to murder their QB?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not cover him so close to the line? Not be a broken down old cunt who can't keep up with WRs anymore but is still perfectly capable of sprinting across the field to start throwing punches when some Bears get upset that one of your teammates tried to murder their QB?

What if their scheme was supposed to be press man on that play, though? Would be more on the D coordinator for making him play a way he isn't comfortable doing/not capable of anymore.

I mean every CB is going to get beat like that over the course of the year more than a few times. I'm assuming it happened to Sherman more than most cause he's older...but damn.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sherman was my most hated Seahawk for sure. Especially after he broke up the touchdown pass to Crabtree in the last play of the NFC championship and then went to a camera and started talking shit about it. That superbowl was the one and only game I have ever rooted for the Patriots and Sherman crying on the sideline was a great comfort to me.

Then he became a 49er and caused me a lot of emotional confusion. I guess now I can go back to hating him.
Except the Seahawks went on to beat the living shit out the Broncos in that Super Bowl. The Patriots was the year after.

EDIT: Hell, Sherman himself even said that the game against the 49ers was the REAL Super Bowl, because whichever team won that game was winning the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Okay, my mistake. I had erased that game from my memory. Thanks for bringing it back asshole.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Hey, you started it by bringing up the play! You don't think this hurts me too!?!?

In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

Try being a yard close of being a back to back team for the first time since the early 90s and your coach decides to go against EVERYTHING that got you there

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Try being a yard close of being a back to back team for the first time since the early 90s and your coach decides to go against EVERYTHING that got you there
I don't see a problem? I still chuckle at those calls.

But, the Pats went back to back less than 20 years ago and the Broncos did it in the late 90s.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't see a problem? I still chuckle at those calls.

But, the Pats went back to back less than 20 years ago and the Broncos did it in the late 90s.
And the Buccs did it in 2020/2021.

Wait was I not supposed to spoil it??

• 3Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I have never liked the guy but if that's true and not just media blowing stuff out of proportion and wildly exaggerating, then you gotta respect the man

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have never liked the guy but if that's true and not just media blowing stuff out of proportion and wildly exaggerating, then you gotta respect the man

I didn't think this was even possible. So I am going blown out of proportion. Probably some micro tear, or some bullshit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fully torn seems like a stretch but you never know. A MCL tear can heal fully in like 6 weeks without surgery, of course, not playing fucking football on it tho. Imagine him not being on any injury reports is gonna end up biting the bucs in the ass now that the news of it is out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Obviously Brady probably moves around less than any other QB in the NFL, and goes down instantly if he feels too much pressure...but playing on that for a full season is crazy.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A partial MCL tear can be compensated for by a brace, and maybe he figures at his age he's already one bad hit from the end of his career anyway.

If he took a season off for an injury after those last two seasons in New England he probably stood no chance at getting signed as a starter this year.

• 2Like