2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Goddamn, a reasoned Jozu take. What is the world coming to.

But yeah, definitely agree. The guy was a rock before so it's too early to label him anything like that.

• 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
according to the announcers of that pre-season game, mac is 100% future hall of famer who's ready to make people forget all about brady. seriously was funny listening to them gush

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Depends on the seriousness of this injury they clearly are not stating the whole truth about. Being the shoulder/back is a reason for alarm. Maybe it turns into nothing but it’s clearly in an area that can be devastating for a QB

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I didn't get to watch but sounds like Jones did well enough that Cam might not be the #1 for long

Offense looked smoother with MJ out there. BUT it was all dink and dunk. Cam couldn't even get to a second read before he got happy feet.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
according to the announcers of that pre-season game, mac is 100% future hall of famer who's ready to make people forget all about brady. seriously was funny listening to them gush
Relevant.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I didn't get to watch but sounds like Jones did well enough that Cam might not be the #1 for long

I was paying attention to Dolphins/Bears workout together this week. Beat reporters were saying Justin Fields was the best looking QB on the field almost every day. Never mind he was playing against the 2nd string, and both Miami and Chicago have sub-par O-lines and very good D-lines (Tua and Dalton were under a lot of pressure).

In case anyone ever forgets how meaningless it mostly is, Nathan Peterman looked great in training camp 2 years running. There is a grand canyon wide gap in the talent between every teams first and second string defense, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm legit looking forward to seeing Trask play tomorrow night. You know Brady won't see more than a handful of snaps, if any, this preseason so may as well take a look at a hopefully bright future.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I was paying attention to Dolphins/Bears workout together this week. Beat reporters were saying Justin Fields was the best looking QB on the field almost every day. Never mind he was playing against the 2nd string, and both Miami and Chicago have sub-par O-lines and very good D-lines (Tua and Dalton were under a lot of pressure).

In case anyone ever forgets how meaningless it mostly is, Nathan Peterman looked great in training camp 2 years running. There is a grand canyon wide gap in the talent between every teams first and second string defense, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Ya….plus add in a game plan and blitz packages. The speed of the game goes up 100% in the regular season.

The bears offensive line is in shambles. I’d play foles and let him take that beating. Dalton 1 or 2 series. Fields a quarter and 1/2. Foles the rest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The idea that Jones will surpass Brady out the gate is ridiculous. The idea he will overtake a well past his prime Cam as the starter? Not so much.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm legit looking forward to seeing Trask play tomorrow night. You know Brady won't see more than a handful of snaps, if any, this preseason so may as well take a look at a hopefully bright future.
At this point in his career, would Brady really suit up for pre-season?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have a feeling Arians is just going to ask Tom if he's going to play, not tell him.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
You have to remember, early brady WAS dink and dunk.

Cam looked good, Mac looked a better. The offense when mac was in looked more complex. More like how Brady's offense looked. Cam offense looked old school dbl tight end run first, Macs was more open, more pass oriented. If mac continues to play at a high level and cam doesnt improve, it will be only a matter of when mac starts. Will mac be starter game one, probably not. But if cam/patriots suck offensively, he won't be on the sidelines for long.

Sterling

El Presidente
Most offenses look good in preseason especially when you're playing against defensive depth players. It's more to know if people are real bad than know if they're actually good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
true, but Macs first series or 2 were with the PATS first string offense vs first string defense of Washington. And he looked good. Granted preseason, but he has looked at least as good as cam/better than cam in practice so far we still have almost a month we KNOW what cam can do, and he SUCKED last year at passing the ball with accuracy. This year he is looking a bit better in that dept, but in a traditional drop back style play, Mac -so far in practice- makes his reads faster and gets the ball out faster than cam does.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
true, but Macs first series or 2 were with the PATS first string offense vs first string defense of Washington. And he looked good. Granted preseason, but he has looked at least as good as cam/better than cam in practice so far we still have almost a month we KNOW what cam can do, and he SUCKED last year at passing the ball with accuracy. This year he is looking a bit better in that dept, but in a traditional drop back style play, Mac -so far in practice- makes his reads faster and gets the ball out faster than cam does.

Good bit of the first team D was already out by the time Mac came in, aside from rookies and some other spots. That said, I agree that Mac I think will be better overall than Cam, and a much better option for anyone wanting Pats players in fantasy.