New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Was just coming to post that as well. Video from him as well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think the 49ers should go DB with their 1st pick.

Bosa should be back 100% for week 1, and even though losing Buckner was huge (he ended up putting up an All pro campaign for Indy, and was one of the main reasons that team ascended) we still have Arik Armstead and Kinlaw. Picking another d lineman/edge rusher with our 1st overall 3 years in a row might be a mistake if we can get a guy like Surtain II. He might be off the board by 12, but we could put together something so we could move up a few spots. Even if we could get Caleb Farley, I would do it.

Moehrig is also interesting but Im not sure you take him at 12. If we resign Varrett, and knock it out of the park with Surtain, we would be rolling out those 2 at corner, with Jimmie Ward and Tartt at safety. That D backfield along with Warner and Bosa/Armstead/Kinlaw/Hyder would be a really strong defensive unit.
Quoting you over here since this is the offseason thread.

I actually agree with you, but I just don't think that is how the 49ers front office thinks. They have a vision of this dominant D Line, and even though those 3 guys you listed are good, it needs that other really good speed rusher on the other side to make it work how they envision.

If they do end up going with a DE though, they had better come up with some answers in FA for CB. Cause it is going to be thin.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet they only released him because no one wanted to trade for his contract. Just a PR move saying it was out of respect.

Sterling

El Presidente
I bet they only released him because no one wanted to trade for his contract. Just a PR move saying it was out of respect.
Yeah, contract was the only reason that I could think of. 17.5M or whatever isn't peanuts, but you'd think they could have at least gotten a mid round pick or something.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Happy for JJ, hopefully ends up on a competitive team that has a legit shot at a ring

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I never thought I would hate Cal McNair more than Bud Adams... I was wrong.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
If they can get him for a cheap one year deal it would lessen the pain of Shaq Barrett likely walking
Yeah I'm really fascinated with how the offseason will play out for the Bucs - last year this time they weren't the hottest destination for any player, but now they must be. And so the question of retaining players and paying them becomes more nuanced and complicated because a ton of players may go there cheaply. So Licht has to weigh out paying Shaq to retain him, or just getting someone like JJ to join.

Going to be fun to see how things get wheeling and dealing with the team, but in my heart I hope they retain all the players because they are all good dudes and seem like fantastic teammates (besides AB, but maybe he can shut up long enough to get another ring)

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think for JJ this is the most likely. Steelers, Tampa Bay, or Green Bay. Maybe Seattle if they can convince him he is the missing piece in a Super Bowl run.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Woke up to a bunch of Seahawk buddy texts. Packers should be in the mix. Imagine Steelers to be a high pick for him but they are in serious cap shit hole, like second worst behind the saints?