2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy fuck, the fucking Texans two off-seasons in a row are giving up hall of fame talent for NOTHING. Grants Tampa I guess, good luck scoring on that D next year.

Fuck that stupid expansion franchise.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck that stupid expansion franchise.

why you gotta hate on the Bucs like that?

I think for JJ this is the most likely. Steelers, Tampa Bay, or Green Bay. Maybe Seattle if they can convince him he is the missing piece in a Super Bowl run.

I came to the same conclusion except I kinda forgot he went to Wisconsin so I left out GB. I still see Pittsburgh or Tampa being the likely landing spots for obvious reasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
why you gotta hate on the Bucs like that?

I came to the same conclusion except I kinda forgot he went to Wisconsin so I left out GB. I still see Pittsburgh or Tampa being the likely landing spots for obvious reasons.
LOL was talking about the New Oilers sorry. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up in Tampa. New Oilers making the rich richer.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This is one of the stupidest things I have seen today, so I am going to make you all suffer as well.

Yeah, let's gift our division rivals Bosa. Fucking stupid. I mean all of it is stupid because Wilson is also not going anywhere.

• 4Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 4 users
I'm a prisoner of the moment.

If Tampa holds tight and if this year's Brady was not a fluke for that alien, I'm still kind of blown away. 42. I've seen so many people 40+ who hobble as their normal gait. And "need" a handicap parking tag not because of a documented health matter, which is entirely different matter, but because they cannot master the concept "I am slowly hobbling and killing myself."

Tom, I suspect, is genuinely the opposite. This is where I wonder where Tiger Woods fits in, for example. He was a massively trained prodigy, but I am not certain he knows/knew how to protect it? Did he just lose the genetic lottery and have a bad disc? Some people's vertabrae stop growing at age 10 years, pre-puberty, which makes them hopelessly spastic by their mid-20's. Players like Brady and LeBron are able to optimize themselves (unless that happens of course). But Woods is a puzzle. I don't think of him as a great athlete. He's a prodigy, which is different. I mean, it's an old story. Darryl "where's my lines" Strawberry. Dwight "right over here" Gooden.

Wasn't Woods into Hoofing? (Hookers + Inhalents like whippits, spray paint, freon, ammonia, blah blah)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry for all the posts, but it's Friday and work is slow today.

While I understand Houston is insisting they aren't trading Watson, it seems like he is still pushing hard for it. I still don't think the 49ers have any real chance of landing him, but it's fun to dream.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Good fucking god no thanks on the 49ers. This division sucks bad enough as is. (which I suspect now will happen because the Texans are the fucking worst joke of a franchise in history. Can't wait to see them lose 3 Hall of Famers in 2 years due to their own incompetency.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As much as I think JJ would want to retire in his home state, the Packers aren't in a great position to pick up much of a contract.

This time of year, NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker is one of the handiest reference points for me. I would be pretty surprised if the Chiefs, Steelers, or Packers want to spend major money on a dude that isn't on the field much of the time.

However, the Bucs do actually have money then can spend, though how many free agents they keep and what that costs them is still up in the air.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Oh, I think 2021 boils down to Bucs / Chiefs again. Bucs since they are in a pretty good cap spot and Saints are about to fall apart, meaning the Bucs should win their division (at least) and get good seeding, Chiefs because I don't see Ravens or Bills catching up enough.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If he is going ring hunting, he will be very team friendly. He would be smart to ditch the Steelers from the list if a ring is the base of his decision and not family

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The salary cap means almost nothing. Franchises can restructure contracts and kick the salary cap can down the road. Even the Rams can open up a decent amount of space this way.

I also doubt he's looking for a huge contract over a ring at this point.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, he has tons of money and zero rings so. Steelers aren't just in cap hell, they have lots of free agents they aren't going to be able to keep. The team is going to be losing a lot of players

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lmao. If the Texans trade Tunsil for a ham sandwich ....

Imagine if Watson did come to the 49ers. That division would have these QBs

Stafford
Murray
Wilson
Watson

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ya, he has tons of money and zero rings so. Steelers aren't just in cap hell, they have lots of free agents they aren't going to be able to keep. The team is going to be losing a lot of players
They also have a fat burned out fuck at Quarterback for another year as well as a coach that nobody has any respect for.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
As much as I think JJ would want to retire in his home state, the Packers aren't in a great position to pick up much of a contract.

This time of year, NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker is one of the handiest reference points for me. I would be pretty surprised if the Chiefs, Steelers, or Packers want to spend major money on a dude that isn't on the field much of the time.

However, the Bucs do actually have money then can spend, though how many free agents they keep and what that costs them is still up in the air.
It is shocking to see the number of teams actually in the red as of now.
The salary cap means almost nothing. Franchises can restructure contracts and kick the salary cap can down the road. Even the Rams can open up a decent amount of space this way.

I also doubt he's looking for a huge contract over a ring at this point.
I mean yeah this is absolutely true to an extent. However, this year is different since it is the first time in forever the cap has gone down. I mean shit, the Saints are 70M in the red. That is an insane amount to get off the books.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys got this. Zeke will have 6 yards per touch and never fumble, and sean lee will play the entire year without an injury. Superbowl here we come.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Tampa has to be Watts preferred destination. Brady is one hell of a promoter and I don't see how TB can afford Barrett so there's a spot for him. Its a fun, laid back work environment with great weather, no state taxes, and a strong chance of returning to the big game. No one else offers more that that and he's on the downward side of his career. Peanut butter, meet chocolate.

GB and Pitt are much weaker options with either bad coaching or bad coaching. Why deal with that again?

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Eh, I think bad coaching is too harsh on Green Bay. Before the NFC championship, MLF was considered a pretty good coach and a reason why Rodgers is having such a great year. Yeah he made a dumbass call in the game but I can't believe that 1 call makes him a bad coach.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Eh, I think bad coaching is too harsh on Green Bay. Before the NFC championship, MLF was considered a pretty good coach and a reason why Rodgers is having such a great year. Yeah he made a dumbass call in the game but I can't believe that 1 call makes him a bad coach.
Sir, this is the FOH NFL thread. Where if your team isn't playing against Brady in the Super Bowl, then they need to blow it all up and start over.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like