2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Chargers cut Badgley. I wonder which team picks him up and immediately turns him in to a stud kicker.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, by modern QB backup pay standards, $5.1 Mil wasn't too expensive for draft insurance.

It does throw out any ideas that this is a 'Playoffs or Bust' scenario in NE.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Quarterbacks with cut abs are focusing on the wrong thing. The greatest QBs from history mostly have doughy bellies just like Mac Jones. You want your QB eating Cheetos and watching film all day, not spending all his time in the weight room.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chargers cut Badgley. I wonder which team picks him up and immediately turns him in to a stud kicker.

I would like it if we would do this. Especially since Hopkins is suspect on any kick over 40 yards.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly dont see him signing anywhere unless there is an injury. His ego is too big to settle for a backup role. Im guessing thats part of why he was released. The Texans seem really like the only place right now that would really go after him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I honestly dont see him signing anywhere unless there is an injury. His ego is too big to settle for a backup role. Im guessing thats part of why he was released. The Texans seem really like the only place right now that would really go after him.

Texans would make sense. Although I hear they're going to keep Watson on the 53, he'll just be a healthy scratch every week? Think he still gets paid that way, too. Guess they were demanding too much in trade requests, I heard some team names were heating up on that front, but that they wanted conditional picks based on how many games Watson would play in over the next 2-3 seasons.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's an upper limit on what you can trade for any player. Like you can't just trade every good player on your roster and all the draft picks for the next 15 seasons even if it's Mahomes.

Merrith

There's an upper limit on what you can trade for any player. Like you can't just trade every good player on your roster and all the draft picks for the next 15 seasons even if it's Mahomes.

Obviously, just at last report the Texans were still asking for multiple (up to 3) 1sts plus a little more. Which obviously no one is going to do with all the legal stuff hanging over Watson still. I just wonder if they are really content to continue paying him to sit out the year, hoping everything gets cleared up afterwards so then they can get something closer to the compensation they want in a deal.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Texans would make sense. Although I hear they're going to keep Watson on the 53, he'll just be a healthy scratch every week? Think he still gets paid that way, too. Guess they were demanding too much in trade requests, I heard some team names were heating up on that front, but that they wanted conditional picks based on how many games Watson would play in over the next 2-3 seasons.
1630515172811.png

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm thinking the Texans will end up putting Watson in IR and just paying him unless the league steps in, either way he gets paid.

• 1Moron

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm thinking the Texans will end up putting Watson in IR and just paying him unless the league steps in, either way he gets paid.
They cant put him on IR lol. Hes not injured. He has to be on the roster and count towards the salary cap until they cut him or trade him.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Obviously, just at last report the Texans were still asking for multiple (up to 3) 1sts plus a little more. Which obviously no one is going to do with all the legal stuff hanging over Watson still. I just wonder if they are really content to continue paying him to sit out the year, hoping everything gets cleared up afterwards so then they can get something closer to the compensation they want in a deal.
yeah, even before the legal stuff, some of the trade rumors were out of control. stuff like miami being interested, but it was like stuff like 3-4 1sts, tua, Xavion Howard and other players. And it's not nothing taking on that contract.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

I cant believe yall are still blabbering about a Watson trade.

He is going to be on the 53. He will either be placed on the league's exempt list OR be a healthy scratch each week until all of his suits are resolved. It is highly unlikely he will be on the sideline each week because it will be a distraction for the team.

• 1Like

Merrith

I cant believe yall are still blabbering about a Watson trade.

He is going to be on the 53. He will either be placed on the league's exempt list OR be a healthy scratch each week until all of his suits are resolved. It is highly unlikely he will be on the sideline each week because it will be a distraction for the team.

Only because there was more chatter about it, and talks of conditional picks based on how many games he would end up playing. That's the only way I could see anyone actually trading assets for him right now, if it's at a heavily reduced cost if the legal stuff causes issues.

Muurloen

Only because there was more chatter about it, and talks of conditional picks based on how many games he would end up playing. That's the only way I could see anyone actually trading assets for him right now, if it's at a heavily reduced cost if the legal stuff causes issues.
Thus he wont be traded until atleast next year. By then his legal shit will be resolved, they can then gain the most return value for him and tHe CaP hIt wOnT bE aS bAd.