2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
STFU about the damn Texan's cap. We don't need 50 more posts of that shit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1NPC
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Such idiocy
You were repeatedly wrong about the extent of his "untradeable" nature and contradicted plenty of people who actually cover the NFL cap for a living (including a site that you referenced but failed to understand).

But you're the expert.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Oh I'm no expert but I have a good working understanding.

Yall on the other hand save Sainte-Chapelle thousands of dollars a year by the quality window licking you exude year to year.

----

Any piece that was put out there for X team trading for Watson is a pipedream puff piece to drive up clicks for the X team's website or fansite. Pure propaganda and all of you bought into it hook line and sinker.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
You literally kept quoting the cut cap hit when everyone was talking about the trade cap hit which are very different things.

Muurloen

Those two are both called.... say it with me now.... DEAD CAP hits.

It's dead money against your cap for players that you have signed, guaranteed money to, and will count against for (this is where I could be wrong) the year you cut him.

Signing bonuses contribute to that number because that is guaranteed money already paid out. I would wager that work out and camp appearance money will also contribute to that number.

Yes I learned with reading spotrac that Watson's number was reduced at certain dates for THIS calendar year. But those dates have passed. His stock is at a very low point. Then the number will rise again when the next season starts.

The Texans 1st out isn't until 2024 when his hits are more team friendly and the timing to cut/trade him is right.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The guaranteed salary hit goes with the player to the new team minus the prorated signing bonus.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Yes because that is the CAP hit for the new team of the player is sent to in the trade. There is still dead money for the team that traded the player away.

NFL is probably the most complicated when it comes to its cap. Its also the most manipulative.

All of it comes for it not being guaranteed contracts for its low end paid veteran players.

Yes once you make the team for said season, your contract is guaranteed, but multiple year deals arent and that where the manipulation happens.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Any piece that was put out there for X team trading for Watson is a pipedream puff piece to drive up clicks for the X team's website or fansite. Pure propaganda and all of you bought into it hook line and sinker.
Your brain is so smooth there's no friction.

Almost no one said a trade was probable or even likely for a multitude of reasons (his legal issues, getting appropriate value, the state of the team, etc). The argument was is it feasible financially and the answer was yes (post June 1st) and it wouldn't have required a total gutting of the team.

As Sterling said, the guaranteed money salary hit goes to the new team minus the prorated signing bonus. This is just the way it works. That signing bonus is what remains as the dead cap in the post jun 1st trade scenario.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

Hosix

All labs matter!
Some NFL cap wizards in here. Fuck football! Let’s talk salary cap!!!!!

In football news…..fucking bears didn’t sign any cut lineman. Tarik Cohen went PUP and had a second surgery no one is talking about.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So funny how bad that contract was from the beginning, and then Cohen instantly got hurt the next day after signing it. Gonna be 2 years without playing.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

It almost never pays off to pay a running back. I think it was ultimately a fortunate outcome for the Chiefs when Kareem hunt had that video come out and he was released. I wonder if the chiefs would have been tempted to give him a big deal at the end of his rookie contract if he had been on the team and presumably been a big part of a super bowl win.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Some NFL cap wizards in here. Fuck football! Let’s talk salary cap!!!!!

In football news…..fucking bears didn’t sign any cut lineman. Tarik Cohen went PUP and had a second surgery no one is talking about.

I really like Justin Fields, but i think the Bears are going to destroy him like they did Trubisky.

I bet Trubiskyi fights for a starter job next year. I hope he makes it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
It’s a tough situation. I want Fields to do good but I despise Nagy. He is constantly doubling down on stupid.

He is a great play designer but fuck he can’t call plays for shit. No flow to his game plan.

Hosix

All labs matter!
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users