2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thus he wont be traded until atleast next year. By then his legal shit will be resolved, they can then gain the most return value for him and tHe CaP hIt wOnT bE aS bAd.

It can still happen up until Nov 2.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thus he wont be traded until atleast next year. By then his legal shit will be resolved, they can then gain the most return value for him and tHe CaP hIt wOnT bE aS bAd.

I think it's hopeful to think all the legal shit will be resolved, but it's possible. Lol @ the cap hit shit, they paid that LB someone posted the other day more than it would have actually costed them this year, so all that "impossible b/c of the money" shit is still just as wrong as it was when you first said it.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I think it's hopeful to think all the legal shit will be resolved, but it's possible. Lol @ the cap hit shit, they paid that LB someone posted the other day more than it would have actually costed them this year, so all that "impossible b/c of the money" shit is still just as wrong as it was when you first said it.
You are such a pompous prick that you cant even read sarcasm when it's overtly written out.

There is also major differences in dead cap space between lawson and watson.

Now be a good small prick and fuck off.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

You are such a pompous prick that you cant even read sarcasm when it's overtly written out.

There is also major differences in dead cap space between lawson and watson.

No be a good small prick and fuck off.

Come now, coming from you it could be anything from trolling to sarcasm, to just being obscenely off base. Can't expect me to be able to tell when you're actually poking fun at yourself a little bit. You've been the only pompous one in that whole discussion, as you were the only one who made such a ridiculous claim and tried to defend it as if you were that much smarter than the entire room as if everyone else commenting knew nothing.

On the actual topic, I just wonder if they'll ever get the "value" in compensation they would have originally wanted before all the accusations came out against him. It feels almost too good to be true to hope it'll all just get resolved this next offseason. Just feels like they're going to be forced into taking like 50 cents on the dollar at best no matter how it all resolves.

Muurloen

$50m hit at the time I was arguing about Waston vs a $1.5m hit for Lawson. Not apples to apples.

Merrith

$50m hit at the time I was arguing about Waston vs a $1.5m hit for Lawson. Not apples to apples.

We're not seriously going to have to rehash the math again are we? Was something like a $5.6M hit this year, and that was only if they had traded him pre June 1st (post June 1st trade and they would still have been saving $10.5M this season). Yes, the total dead cap money would have been a pretty high number (over $65M total if I recall), but considering it would have been spread out over multiple years and Watson's cap hit jumps to over $40M for next year, and over $42M the year after that, they'd easily be saving money still for what they would be paying Tyrod Taylor or some rookie on a rookie deal they would draft with whatever picks they got.

Doesn't need to be apples to apples, it was only in discussing how it would be literally impossible for them to trade him because of the money. Lawson's dead cap hit is actually around $1.8M total I think? It's just funny to think they paid him ~$7M back in March and that's over a million more than the dead cap hit they would have had from trading Watson per June 1st.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Also, Watson is not going to be suspended by the team. It is a good faith effort for the team to try to get back into his good graces.

Muurloen

We're not seriously going to have to rehash the math again are we? Was something like a $5.6M hit this year, and that was only if they had traded him pre June 1st (post June 1st trade and they would still have been saving $10.5M this season). Yes, the total dead cap money would have been a pretty high number (over $65M total if I recall), but considering it would have been spread out over multiple years and Watson's cap hit jumps to over $40M for next year, and over $42M the year after that, they'd easily be saving money still for what they would be paying Tyrod Taylor or some rookie on a rookie deal they would draft with whatever picks they got.

Doesn't need to be apples to apples, it was only in discussing how it would be literally impossible for them to trade him because of the money. Lawson's dead cap hit is actually around $1.8M total I think? It's just funny to think they paid him ~$7M back in March and that's over a million more than the dead cap hit they would have had from trading Watson per June 1st.
You are the dumbest poster in this thread.

You think you are the lithose of football but you are more like foler every time you post.

Do us all a favor and just stop trying.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

You are the dumbest poster in this thread.

You think you are the lithose of football but you are more like foler every time you post.

Do us all a favor and just stop trying.

The info is out there for you to figure it out. There isn't any need to try, your argument was as dumb as can be when you first made it, having to re-visit the basics to keep facts straight is just silly. Everyone else called you out for it, as well. I'm glad I've never been a regular in the MLB thread to have to read you in multiple threads. Astros fan, wasn't it?

Merrith

You are welcome to come to get stomped in there at any time.

I follow the Nats, but baseball just isn't my favorite sport, can't get into the regular season until September usually, although playoff baseball is great to watch. I just had to poke a little fun you being an Astros guy, since I got to hop on the Nats bandwagon in 2019 as a DC sports guy. That World Series was very satisfying.

Muurloen

I follow the Nats, but baseball just isn't my favorite sport, can't get into the regular season until September usually, although playoff baseball is great to watch. I just had to poke a little fun you being an Astros guy, since I got to hop on the Nats bandwagon in 2019 as a DC sports guy. That World Series was very satisfying.
A World Series that will likely never be duplicated. I still can't believe the away team won every game of a 7 game series.

That and tits were flashed on national TV during game 6.

Merrith

A World Series that will likely never be duplicated. I still can't believe the away team won every game of a 7 game series.

That and tits were flashed on national TV during game 6.

Were they as good as the tits that got flashed in Vegas as Ovechkin skated around with the Stanley Cup? Confess I forgot the road team won every game, I just remember winning $100 off a friend that postseason b/c he bet me the Dodgers would sweep the Nats in the Division Series, and just how great Game 7 in the WS was.

Sterling

El Presidente
I explained like 20 times before but some people seem to have a hard time understanding. The regular salary of a traded player goes to the new team, the old team is only on the hook for the prorated signing bonus. People were spouting off the cap hit if he was being cut. Cutting a player and trading a player are totally different things.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The info is out there for you to figure it out. There isn't any need to try, your argument was as dumb as can be when you first made it, having to re-visit the basics to keep facts straight is just silly. Everyone else called you out for it, as well. I'm glad I've never been a regular in the MLB thread to have to read you in multiple threads. Astros fan, wasn't it?
It's really annoying that the ignore feature doesn't work like it used to. I can see you quoting the faggot.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Like I have said before there is a difference between salary, dead money, and cap hit.

You window lickers don't seem to get the concept so I stop arguing.

Stay in your ignorance if it makes you happy.

• 2Cutler
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

It's really annoying that the ignore feature doesn't work like it used to. I can see you quoting the faggot.
See this is why 49ers will never win. We are at odds with each other.

A divided house will never stand.