2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh, well my bad then!
i mean it's a pretty disingenuous stat in that it counts one player's reverse and lateral distance traveled to another player's rushing yards from scrimmage. but yeah, he was a running around fool.
mahomes run around in shotgun.png

Top is Mahomes running around from shotgun, bottom is Brady from shotgun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i mean it's a pretty disingenuous stat in that it counts one player's reverse and lateral distance traveled to another player's rushing yards from scrimmage. but yeah, he was a running around fool.
View attachment 338562
Top is Mahomes running around from shotgun, bottom is Brady from shotgun.

Well, not a lot of RB's are doing the crazy lateral/backwards running Mahomes did, either. Some lateral for sure, but nothing to the level he was doing in the Super Bowl trying to evade/buy time from the Tampa pass rush.

The Bengals throw in for that stat is just for the luls anyways, and because they can cherry pick that Mixon played roughly half the year before getting hurt and replaced by Bernard, who despite putting up decent fantasy numbers was virtually the least efficient RB by advanced metrics.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No stat beats the Ryan Fitzpatrick being the leading rusher for the Dolphins last season with 243 yards.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

No stat beats the Ryan Fitzpatrick being the leading rusher for the Dolphins last season with 243 yards.

By last season you mean not this most recent year I assume. Myles Gaskin damn sure had some yards this year that just ended.

Sterling

El Presidente
By last season you mean not this most recent year I assume. Myles Gaskin damn sure had some yards this year that just ended.
yeah, that was 2019. They had 5 guys with between 36 and 74 carries that season, not counting Fitzpatrick. Definitely a committee shitshow. Gaskin came out of it though so I don't feel too bad about it. I think he's at least pretty good.

Merrith

yeah, that was 2019. They had 5 guys with between 36 and 74 carries that season, not counting Fitzpatrick. Definitely a committee shitshow. Gaskin came out of it though so I don't feel too bad about it. I think he's at least pretty good.

Crazy thing is been reading rumors that Aaron Jones and Miami have mutual interest with GB letting him explore free agency.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
And a guaranteed rematch from one of the four cross-conference teams a team played the year before will absolutely be a good ratings draw.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, yeah, it was assumed it would be cross-conference and based on last season's rankings, the only question is which of the three other cross-conference divisions (since you play one of the divisions naturally every year) would be the one your division gets this year.

Kaines, it won't be repeats of last season, it will be a repeat of two seasons ago, as it would be weird for Packers / Chiefs (in the example above) to play two years in a row then not see each other for two more years.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well, yeah, it was assumed it would be cross-conference and based on last season's rankings, the only question is which of the three other cross-conference divisions (since you play one of the divisions naturally every year) would be the one your division gets this year.

Kaines, it won't be repeats of last season, it will be a repeat of two seasons ago, as it would be weird for Packers / Chiefs (in the example above) to play two years in a row then not see each other for two more years.
Rematch would have been better. Playing a cross-conference team every two years loses its draw as sports fans barely pay attention within a single season. Let alone going back 2.

Fadaar

That guy
Should just shave off a preseason game and give every team two bye weeks instead. 17th game screws up stats from implementation moving forward.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
extra bye week and less preseason is probably good. The stat thing is kind of whatever, going from 14 to 16 was bigger change and that worked out fine.

17 games makes it much harder to go .500 though!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
extra bye week and less preseason is probably good. The stat thing is kind of whatever, going from 14 to 16 was bigger change and that worked out fine.

17 games makes it much harder to go .500 though!

Oh shit I didn't even think about that. Absolutely can not happen then, we need the Cowboys 8-8 jokes.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, being an odd amount of total games seems like a bad choice

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gonna get more of the teams with a losing record make the playoffs, while another way better team misses out narrative.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
And there it is.
Odd Move IMO. No Ring for JJ

$31mm 2 years, $23 Guaranteed.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Fumble
Reactions: 3 users