2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I didn’t really notice Jonnu too often. His stats don’t look amazing either. Can someone help me understand that contract?
He's pretty athletic, and great after the catch. He wasn't in a pass heavy offense, so I am guessing the Patriots are going for upside.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty hard to have eye popping stats with Henry as the focus of the offense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn’t really notice Jonnu too often. His stats don’t look amazing either. Can someone help me understand that contract?

Big red zone threat, great after the catch. Frankly still think the Titans misused him a lot last year (granted I had him in fantasy so I was biased as fuck...cause he blew up early in the year but once they had Davis and Brown healthy again, not enough passes to go around in that offense).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers signing Verrett to a 1 year deal for 5.5M, worth up to $6.5 if he makes the Pro Bowl. Glad he is coming back, and I hope he stays healthy. Supposedly had a multi year offer on the table, but wanted to bet on himself and signed the 1 year deal hoping to get a larger one next year.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Patriots making all kinds of moves today. Very unusual for them to make this many FA moves, but I guess when your roster is as depleted as theirs, you need to.

Edit: And another Patriots signing

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Merrith

Hearing Ravens might be trading Orlando Brown to Jacksonville soon. That would be a fairly big deal, heard Chiefs were in on him. Jax has two 1sts, second one is #18 I believe.

Merrith

Shit now just heard maybe Brown to Jax for DJ Chark and draft picks? Might be a good deal for Ravens.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Chargers have 50M in cap space. Cant remember the last time we had that much. Guess we will see if they can reel in any big fish.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda crazy. The Patriots have already spent more guaranteed money in FA today, than in the last decade.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hah, n/m, Jags owner just tweeted to debunk it.
During the lying season in the NFL anything said outside of confirmed signings and trades can be immediately dismissed. That goes for both rumors and denial of rumors.

Animosity

And the Jags already have a really good LT. So trading away their best WR and picks for a position they dont need is silly. And the Ravens trading a tackle for a WR is even more silly.

Merrith

And the Jags already have a really good LT. So trading away their best WR and picks for a position they dont need is silly. And the Ravens trading a tackle for a WR is even more silly.

Cam Robinson was not that good.

• 1Like

Merrith

Also Brown has already signaled he wants out, b/c he wants to play LT (they make more money) Ravens likely need to move him or get stuck getting a 3rd round compensatory pick whenever he can leave in free agency. If they were getting a true potential #1 WR with size (Chark is 6'4) along with more draft picks...it could make sense to them rather than trading him just for a low 1st straight up since Chark is established.

• 1Like

Animosity

I know Brown wants out. But the value of a tackle is worth more than a receiver. Chark is a FA after this season too and Baltimore isnt a pass first offense. So I doubt he would want to resign there. And I wouldnt say hes a true #1. He had one decent season. Like I said, trading him to the Jags to be a LT when they have a good LT doesnt make any sense. Robinson is a good player who was on a horrendous team last season. Hard to say he isnt good with how they played.

• 1Like

Merrith

I know Brown wants out. But the value of a tackle is worth more than a receiver. Chark is a FA after this season too and Baltimore isnt a pass first offense. So I doubt he would want to resign there. And I wouldnt say hes a true #1. He had one decent season. Like I said, trading him to the Jags to be a LT when they have a good LT doesnt make any sense. Robinson is a good player who was on a horrendous team last season. Hard to say he isnt good with how they played.

I think he's a potential #1, not like he needs to be some 150+ target hog when they run that much and they have Andrews at TE and Hollywood Brown as a deep threat. Again the idea wouldn't be a straight up 1 for 1, Jags also send another pick or swap of picks as well.

Just curious what the Ravens will end up doing with Brown, b/c waiting for him to walk in free agency when you're going to only get a compensatory 3rd at best back doesn't seem smart when they can move him for a potential 1st. This draft seems to be pretty deep at OT, they could easily draft a right tackle with their 1st or 2nd they already have. Their biggest need frankly is a big WR to give Lamar another option in the passing game. Ravens probably have worst overall group of WR in the league.