2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
from your own link:
View attachment 342292
So all that shit you were talking about 67M is only if they cut him. It costs them 5.66M to trade him over what his cap hit is if they keep him. They have 5.112M in cap space right now. So they'd need to free up 550K. not 67M. it's not very complicated. Again, this has nothing to do with if they should trade him, but if you honestly think that 550k in salary is what's going to keep them from trading him then I don't know what to tell you.
Whats the date right now?

Bless your heart.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Plan B already in place!
In the sense they are preparing for Watson to go through in sitting out and having* a similar, but not equally, skilled qb in his place.

If Watson doesn't sit, then its a good backup for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Whats the date right now?

Bless your heart.
Reading is hard. It's pre 6/1 now. The numbers are different if it's past 6/1 and they save even more this year since a chunk of that would be deferred to 2022.

• 1WTF

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the sense they are preparing for Watson to go through in sitting out and havent a similar, but not equally, skilled qb in his place.

If Watson doesn't sit, then its a good backup for the same reasons.

Similar in that he is mobile and can run some, I wouldn't even put Tyrod in the same stratosphere throwing the ball as Watson. Not trying to shit on Tyrod, he's a decent enough backup QB in his way, or a serviceable bridge guy if you were looking to maybe not win so many games so you can improve your draft position while still looking like you were semi trying.

Also what happened to him last year with the Chargers was really unfortunate...even if anyone who had Charger skill position players in fantasy ended up happy as fuck about it.

• 1Like

Muurloen

it's 3/16, which last time i checked is pre 6/1. do you not understand how dates work?
thus its a $67m hit if they do it now.

Eureka, thus a complete hamstringing of the whole gd organization.

Congrats you passed pre-k.

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly the Dalton thing isn't really that bad as a 1 season stopgap. It's not an actual solution though.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente

It's only 67M if they cut him. IF they trade him it's 21.6M. Did you even look at your own link? If they trade him they're only on the hook for the prorated remainder of his signing bonus. All that other shit is from guaranteed money built into his contract which goes with him to the other team.

Muurloen

Similar in that he is mobile and can run some, I wouldn't even put Tyrod in the same stratosphere throwing the ball as Watson. Not trying to shit on Tyrod, he's a decent enough backup QB in his way, or a serviceable bridge guy if you were looking to maybe not win so many games so you can improve your draft position while still looking like you were semi trying.

Also what happened to him last year with the Chargers was really unfortunate...even if anyone who had Charger skill position players in fantasy ended up happy as fuck about it.
thus having a not "equally".

Thanks for reading and repeating what I wrote.

I am glad you are almost capable of your own thought.

You might have gotten a couple of wrinkles formed on your brain, but I highly doubt it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
thus having a not "equally".

Thanks for reading and repeating what I wrote.

I am glad you are almost capable of your own thought.

You might have gotten a couple of wrinkles formed on your brain, but I highly doubt it.

Oh Muurloen, I didn't realize you were as dumb as you actually are. The fact you keep quoting $67M is actually just sad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Would love to see where anyone, anywhere, has talked about him being cut.

• 1Like