2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
No my friend, if you claim it literally can't be done due to cap issues, and then 2 weeks later you guys have over 20M in cap space, your statement was false.

Now if you had stated something like it was unlikely, because the Texans will be stupid and hand out more dumb contracts/etc, that would have made a lot more sense. But when you say something is impossible, but then it clearly becomes possible, the only question remaining is are you just normal wrong, or are we delving into Astro levels of stupid. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just take the L gracefully cause your point was actually laughable terrible.
You really cant see the numbers in front of you can you?

The cap space that was just spent was in leiu of them NOT moving Watson. If they did, they be well over $25m in the hole.

I feel bad for your family that has to support your window licking habits.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
You are not seeing the big picture. I will lay this out one more time, with out name calling.

It costs more to cut/trade Watson ($67,140,000), than it is to keep him ($15,940,000). Period.

Being in the position they are now with all of the spending that they have done this off season, before draft picks, it has left them with $5.1m.
They'd only be eating 21.6M if they trade him. You don't seem to understand your own links. they'd only be eating that full dead cap hit if they cut him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The cap space that was just spent was in leiu of them NOT moving Watson. If they did, they be well over $25m in the hole.

Actually they'd only be less than a million in the hole, since moving him only leaves them with ~$5.8M to the negative. Which means when you had over $20M in space, you easily could have traded him. Thus, not impossible.

Learn to English when making claims, sir, it will potentially help avoid future embarrassment.

• 1Dislike

Sterling

El Presidente
So you're saying it's literally impossible for them to free up 550k more to trade him?

• 1Dislike

Merrith

STILL PROVES MY POINT. GD

No it doesn't, b/c you also then free up his cap hit this year, which is why it's only a net negative of $5.8M. We established this over a week or two ago I thought?

• 1Dislike

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
God you are pants on head levels of idiotness.

Bless your heart.

-edit both of you.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cutler

Sterling

El Presidente
Actually they'd only be less than a million in the hole, since moving him only leaves them with ~$5.8M to the negative. Which means when you had over $20M in space, you easily could have traded him. Thus, not impossible.

Learn to English when making claims, sir, it will potentially help avoid future embarrassment.
They take a 5.66M bigger cap hit trading him than keeping him. They have 5.112M in cap space right now. They'd only need to free up about 550K to be fine.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Bless your heart.

-edit both of you.

Confirmed Astro level. It's too bad, I thought you had hope. I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to the MLB thread.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

There is no fucking way you are this du... never mind.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Merrith

They take a 5.66M bigger cap hit trading him than keeping him. They have 5.112M in cap space right now. They'd only need to free up about 550K to be fine.

Yeah that's why I stated less than a million, the -5.8 number is just what trading him does on its own.

• 1Dislike

Sterling

El Presidente

Bless your heart.

-edit both of you.
from your own link:
watson cap hit.PNG

So all that shit you were talking about 67M is only if they cut him. It costs them 5.66M to trade him over what his cap hit is if they keep him. They have 5.112M in cap space right now. So they'd need to free up 550K. not 67M. it's not very complicated. Again, this has nothing to do with if they should trade him, but if you honestly think that 550k in salary is what's going to keep them from trading him then I don't know what to tell you.

• 2Like

Merrith

Bears sign Andy Dalton to 1 year deal for 10M (up to 13M).

Allen Robinson not signing that franchise tender any time soon.

• 2Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That one is actually pretty surprising. 12.5M for a backup? Unless he's actually the starter...

• 1Like

Merrith

That one is actually pretty surprising. 12.5M for a backup? Unless he's actually the starter...

Well considering they would only lose $5.8M for trading Watson, and could have signed McCaron for less than $5M, clearly they could have traded him instead of signing Tyrod...