2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
imo the target QB for the patriots is Jimmy G. all the "experts" as saying this.

the 9ers just have to get a replacement for him FIRST before trading him.

Bill likes him and wanted to keep him as the future qb, supposedly the initial trade that sent him to the 9ers was brady not him...

Barring injuries,

the receiving corps for the pats is NOW- provided all them sign- a complete revamp over last year. 4 new starters AND edelman should be back. 5 receiver set

the 2 TE's edelman in the slot and the 2 new wide outs at the edges....get a QB - or heck newton would do if he can actually THROW- that can be accurate...and that is fucking hard to defend IF the O-Line is decent at protection.
Only problem is cam has never been accurate in his career...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Cam did well when he had Greg Olsen as his top target in Carolina - maybe Bill is looking at playing a power-run type offense with those TEs, and then base all passing off those same 2 TE sets. Could work well if Cam actually has any arm left (kinda questionable?) - I think this type of offense is the only one that can even attempt to work with Cam at QB

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, fuck the Pats for further hurting the fantasy football TE ranks. I'm definitely taking Kelce or Waller early in any draft I do next year.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Wow, fuck the Pats for further hurting the fantasy football TE ranks. I'm definitely taking Kelce or Waller early in any draft I do next year.
i've been on the draft the best TE everytime I reasonably can in most fantasy drafts, the dropoff after the 2nd or 3rd one most seasons is just dramatic. even if kelce is a point or 2 less per game than whatever WR you can get in that slot, the WR you get 4 rounds later is going to be a lot better than the TE you get then,

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Overpaying In a down cap year is lol

bills top 3 FAs took contracts below expectations to stay.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Come on Muurloen, the whole "they can't trade him because of the cap" has been completely debunked.

At this point it is just all about the drama of seeing what actually ends up happening and whether the Texans can turn what should be a shit sandwich into something edible.
No.

bunch of idiots.jpg

$5.1m left available to spend after all of their signings/trades.

Sorry kiddo. My arguement is still valid and reality. Accept it.

• 2Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

No.

View attachment 342268

$5.1m left available to spend after all of their signings/trades.

Sorry kiddo. My arguement is still valid and reality. Accept it.

Your argument at the time was completely invalid, b/c they made more than enough cap space to account for the minor cap hit they'd take moving him. Plus you completely overestimated how much cap it takes to sign drafted rookies this year.

Just because you guys gave out some weird contracts to bad free agents/made a trade or two doesn't mean you COULD NOT have done the trade due to cap space that you did have earlier.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

So you don't think they can clear up the 500k or whatever the difference is if they trade him before 6/1? like if they really wanted to trade him, they can't because of 500k? that's preposterous.
You are not seeing the big picture. I will lay this out one more time, with out name calling.

It costs more to cut/trade Watson ($67,140,000), than it is to keep him ($15,940,000). Period.

Being in the position they are now with all of the spending that they have done this off season, before draft picks, it has left them with $5.1m.

• 1Cutler

Muurloen

Your argument at the time was completely invalid, b/c they made more than enough cap space to account for the minor cap hit they'd take moving him. Plus you completely overestimated how much cap it takes to sign drafted rookies this year.

Just because you guys gave out some weird contracts to bad free agents/made a trade or two doesn't mean you COULD NOT have done the trade due to cap space that you did have earlier.

• 1Cutler

Sterling

El Presidente

They have over 5M in cap space and it only costs them 6M more in cap space if they trade him, so like they'd have to free up like 5-600k only to make it work. Not even saying that they should trade him, but he's suggesting that it's literally impossible

Muurloen

They have over 5M in cap space and it only costs them 6M more in cap space if they trade him, so like they'd have to free up like 5-600k only to make it work. Not even saying that they should trade him, but he's suggesting that it's literally impossible
refer to my previous post.

Merrith

No my friend, if you claim it literally can't be done due to cap issues, and then 2 weeks later you guys have over 20M in cap space, your statement was false.

Now if you had stated something like it was unlikely, because the Texans will be stupid and hand out more dumb contracts/etc, that would have made a lot more sense. But when you say something is impossible, but then it clearly becomes possible, the only question remaining is are you just normal wrong, or are we delving into Astro levels of stupid. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just take the L gracefully cause your point was actually laughable terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users