2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Does the family even care about how they do anymore at all? Seems like a resounding no. Seahawk fan friend of mine mentioned an article about Pete turning down the Bears offer because he is 70 and doesn't want to start over without Russ. I assume he believes he can win with him but I find that pretty unlikely without some pretty big improvements they aren't making in FA so far and likely not in the draft either

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Bears offer is turned down for a few reasons. The main one being, the Seahawks wouldnt get a top draft pick. With Russ on the Bears it would be between 15-25. Youll never replace a QB picking in those rounds. And yes another is he doesnt want to rebuild. I do believe ownership cares, but I think they care enough to make any changes unless the team becomes a bottom feeder.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That wasn't because Jimmy played badly, it was because the Vikings and Packers defenses were totally helpless against the running game. They had no reason to pass in those games because they were getting 8 yards per carry. You could definitely make the argument that it was the defense that blew the game in the superbowl. They were up by 10 in the 3rd quarter before the Chiefs made 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes. Jimmy did have a chance to win the game with a pass to Sanders that he totally missed, but the D definitely blew it at the end.
Offense needs to be on the field long enough to give the defense a rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Niners need a replacement for Kendrick Bourne. There was talk about them bringing back Emmanual Sanders as like a mentor for Deebo and Aiyuk but Larry would be even better at that.

With regard to Jimmy, I'm not calling him a top 10 QB even when healthy. I think he's on par with Cousins etc. I just think that "not in the top 20" is not giving him enough credit.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Football Team still has $27M in cap space after Fitz and Jackson signings (plus some smaller ones). Really curious to hear about Golladay, seeing some reports that he's going to the NFC East but could be Giants. I know Washington and Curtis Samuel have been negotiating, too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

Wonder if he will chose to look for that ring or call it a career. I tend to think retire but would love to see a team with a good chance at it pick him up
I love Fitz but I would rather see him go and get a ring then come back to the Cardinals and work in the front office or as a receivers coach.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe a little more than I wanted to spend, but definite upgrade. Give me a LB, TE2, and a S now.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, for the price I wish the 49ers would have grabbed him instead of Ebukam.