2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow. If there was eeeeeever a mofo that deserves a ring, it's him.
I can't think of a single other NFC West player outside of the 49ers that I really like and want to see win, besides Fitz. Dude just works hard and seems like an all around good guy. I hope he gives it one more go, but I don't see the Cardinals having a real shot at the SB anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This list makes more sense. I don't look at SF play, but I would have thought he'd be ahead of a couple people on that list. Barring injuries of course.
Yeah, a list that has Prescott at fucking 7 makes total sense... :rolleyes: .

Jimmy G is practically the same fucking QB as Cousins and Tannehill, except he has actually been to a SB. There's no way he's worse than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Every other stats than SB appearances, cousins and tannehill easily outdo him. It's not even close.

And lets not forget in that playoff run, in three games he threw for 427 yards, 2 tds, 3 ints. Trent dilfer did better.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah, a list that has Prescott at fucking 7 makes total sense... :rolleyes: .

Jimmy G is practically the same fucking QB as Cousins and Tannehill, except he has actually been to a SB. There's no way he's worse than that.
Keep hating. Cowboys have another decade of top 10 QB talent incoming.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the list, for those curious.

You need to remove Brees and Rivers,

Smith ranked above Bridgewater and Trubinksy is interesting.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Smith ranked above Bridgewater and Trubinksy is interesting.

If Josh Allen pulls an Andrew Luck Tomorrow, I am picking Smith out of those 3 for who i want to be a our new QB*

*Subject to a very detailed medical report.

• 1Like

Merrith

If Josh Allen pulls an Andrew Luck Tomorrow, I am picking Smith out of those 3 for who i want to be a our new QB*

*Subject to a very detailed medical report.

Being 100% honest, I think you're crazy if you do so. Completely immobile, and forget pushing the ball downfield like Allen does. Singletary and Moss would end up catching 80 balls, though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Every other stats than SB appearances, cousins and tannehill easily outdo him. It's not even close.

And lets not forget in that playoff run, in three games he threw for 427 yards, 2 tds, 3 ints. Trent dilfer did better.

That wasn't because Jimmy played badly, it was because the Vikings and Packers defenses were totally helpless against the running game. They had no reason to pass in those games because they were getting 8 yards per carry. You could definitely make the argument that it was the defense that blew the game in the superbowl. They were up by 10 in the 3rd quarter before the Chiefs made 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes. Jimmy did have a chance to win the game with a pass to Sanders that he totally missed, but the D definitely blew it at the end.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I can't think of a single other NFC West player outside of the 49ers that I really like and want to see win, besides Fitz. Dude just works hard and seems like an all around good guy. I hope he gives it one more go, but I don't see the Cardinals having a real shot at the SB anyway.

I agree with this as if you change Niners to the Seahawks as well. Dude is a beast and a class individual.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

That wasn't because Jimmy played badly, it was because the Vikings and Packers defenses were totally helpless against the running game. They had no reason to pass in those games because they were getting 8 yards per carry. You could definitely make the argument that it was the defense that blew the game in the superbowl. They were up by 10 in the 3rd quarter before the Chiefs made 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes. Jimmy did have a chance to win the game with a pass to Sanders that he totally missed, but the D definitely blew it at the end.
Yeah, it was the defense and run game that won those first two games, without a doubt. But it's not like he was excelling in the opportunities he did have in those two games. When it came time for Jimmy to step up in the SB, he didn't. You can't rely on your run game to win every game or to get third and 5+. The 49ers had 140+ rushing yards in the SB, which is still a good number.

The only reason the Chiefs got those touchdowns so fast was because the offense failed to stay on the field at all. Blame the defense, sure, but the offense didn't give them a break either.

I'm definitely in the Jimmy G is in the 15-20 range as a QB tops. This board trashes Cousins to no end, but Jimmy has just as many turnovers for the time he's played (his career int % is higher than Cousins). His lone complete season Jimmy had 23 potential turnovers (ints plus fumbles) -- and that was with him not being the focus of the offense. I think you can easily make the case that every full season from Cousins was better than that 2019 season of Jimmy's.

• 3Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Being 100% honest, I think you're crazy if you do so. Completely immobile, and forget pushing the ball downfield like Allen does. Singletary and Moss would end up catching 80 balls, though.

You gave me 3 crummy options!

I took the kick in the balls over a thumb in the eye.

I like Teddy, but he is made of glass. MORE So then Alex imo.
Mitch wont be in the NFL in 2022

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Alex before his injury was for sure better than either of them. His mobility was an underrated aspect of his game and it definitely takes a lot away now that he can't move as well.

• 3Like

Merrith

Alex before his injury was for sure better than either of them. His mobility was an underrated aspect of his game and it definitely takes a lot away now that he can't move as well.

I don't think he was even that good for us prior to getting hurt in 2018, although he was obviously better due to still having his mobility. I do feel for the guy if that is just gone and not coming back as a result of it all, because it really hurts his ability to keep playing (if that is what he wants to do).

Merrith

Mitch will sign somewhere. It'll be a little crazy if he isn't at least a backup somewhere.

DickTrickle

The most infuriating thing for me when Smith was a Chief is all the horrible sacks he would take. He didn't even have a ton in those last few years but so many would come at the worst times.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its hard to be down on your team when you have one of the best QB's in the league. But the Seahawks doing jack shit so far in free agency while all the other teams in the division improve a lot only further helps push Russ out the door. And I usually take free agency moves with a grain of salt. But the Seahawks have so many holes to fill and no draft picks.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Its hard to be down on your team when you have one of the best QB's in the league. But the Seahawks doing jack shit so far in free agency while all the other teams in the division improve a lot only further helps push Russ out the door. And I usually take free agency moves with a grain of salt. But the Seahawks have so many holes to fill and no draft picks.
Carroll's next o-line project will totally hit! Wasn't there some dude who had never played OL before that he tried to turn in to one a few years back?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Carroll's next o-line project will totally hit! Wasn't there some dude who had never played OL before that he tried to turn in to one a few years back?
Hes done that multiple times now. I think Sweezy was the only one that turned a career out of it. Waiting all summer and sign scraps for your starting line hasnt worked for 10 years now. Ridiculous Pete is getting another shot at rebuilding this.

• 1Like