2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'd honestly rather they take Sewell or trade down and get a line guy and get another pick or 2. WR just seems deep every year now, so unless there's a calvin johnson type sitting there taking one at 3 doesn't really appeal to me.
Agreed. After what happened with Burrows, I dont know how you cant prioritize building a line around your young QB. The track record of first round WR's is worse than RB's it seems. Most the big time young receivers were in the 2nd and 3rd round.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Alex before his injury was for sure better than either of them. His mobility was an underrated aspect of his game and it definitely takes a lot away now that he can't move as well.
ROFL at people shitting on Jimmy G as being a benefactor of the run game and defense, but praising Alex "I'll settle for the FG" Smith, as if he's some sort of passing dynamo.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Amazon, which previously had the rights only to simulcast Thursday Night Football on Prime Video, will now have the NFL’s first all-digital TV package with Thursday night games exclusively available through Amazon. The Amazon exclusive will begin with the 2023 season; FOX still has Thursday Night Football for the next two years.

A ways off still but wonder how long till Amazon exclusivity gets a SB like Sterling Sterling is saying. Bezos might even be an owner by then

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
ROFL at people shitting on Jimmy G as being a benefactor of the run game and defense, but praising Alex "I'll settle for the FG" Smith, as if he's some sort of passing dynamo.
That'd be a really compelling argument if I said Alex Smith was way better than Jimmy or if anyone said he was a passing Dynamo. Keep knocking down the straw man.

They're different players but at their 49ers best, they were about the same tier. I'd still put smith higher since a team oriented around defense and the run game probably benefits more from consistently less turnovers. Plus, Alex clearly has better playoff 49er games than Jimmy g currently has (not to mention his Kansas City career).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
i mean the following contract after this one will almost for sure have even more streaming stuff. the one following that might be the streamed SB. 2053 SB on Disney+

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kenyan Drake to the Raiders? Kinda odd.

Not really that odd. Gruden has likes a 1 2 punch running combo. It mixes up the options and helps keep the backs healthy through the season.

Jacobs is great but is already taking a lot of wear and tear after 2 years. He played the last games of the 2019 season with a fractured right shoulder but still managed over a 1000 yards. In 2020 he had an ankle injury at the end games of the season and was not that effective. He wasn't the only reason the Raiders fell the last half of 2020, defense was the main issue, but it didn't help.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Those too lazy...

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not really that odd. Gruden has likes a 1 2 punch running combo. It mixes up the options and helps keep the backs healthy through the season.

Jacobs is great but is already taking a lot of wear and tear after 2 years. He played the last games of the 2019 season with a fractured right shoulder but still managed over a 1000 yards. In 2020 he had an ankle injury at the end games of the season and was not that effective. He wasn't the only reason the Raiders fell the last half of 2020, defense was the main issue, but it didn't help.

I guess Booker was a FA so getting someone to replace makes sense. Just odd to pretty much blow up your OL releasing guys, trading your good center, then bringing in someone like Drake behind Jacobs.

As to your point, I'd think they really need to put money into the OL and defense more so than a potential challenger to Jacobs. They could likely draft an RB with a mid round pick if they needed to.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah word on the street that was exactly the situation with Bob Kraft. He was a black entitled QB since HS. Who was the guy who was caught picking up hookers the week before the super bowl he was playing in? Raw Lewis? Fucking black entitled QBs.

Krafts was consensual. This is typical jogger rape shit.

• 1EyeRoll

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Plus, Alex clearly has better playoff 49er games than Jimmy g currently has (not to mention his Kansas City career).
Yeah, his one win against the Saints (admittedly good) and complete inability to do anything offensively against the Giants the following week is a pretty amazing record :rolleyes: . Even fucking goddamn Kaepernick had a way better playoff record than that.

I would agree that at their "peaks" they are roughly the same. Alex had less turnover potential, but he couldn't push the ball downfield to save his life. Jimmy has a lot higher turnover potential, but can actually connect on a deep pass occasionally.