2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah thats the way I see it - Miami is like "Sure we'll swap 20 positions in the 7th fucking round to see if this dude is a basket case or just hated where he was" - and there was no financial penalty for cutting him.

If I was a Miami fan, I'd actually be impressed by the GM - top of the 7th round you're very unlikely to find a good player, let alone at the bottom of it. This was a great bet imo - sure he didn't win, but it wasn't like he lost much of anything
yeah it was super low risk for a potentially good player. didn't pan out, but didn't really lose anything either. most 7th round picks don't end up making the roster anyways.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feel lucky as fuck we found Curl in the 7th round last year, but it's not common to find a guy who sticks that late, let alone starts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Feel lucky as fuck we found Curl in the 7th round last year, but it's not common to find a guy who sticks that late, let alone starts.
yeah all those 5th to 7th guys, you draft 3-4 of them and some undrafted dudes and you just hope 1 or 2 can contribute.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah all those 5th to 7th guys, you draft 3-4 of them and some undrafted dudes and you just hope 1 or 2 can contribute.

Once it gets to 6th/7th round, I'm sure plenty of guys prefer to go undrafted, because at least then they might in theory have a choice between a couple teams who might fit their skillset/have openings at their positions

Sterling

El Presidente
Once it gets to 6th/7th round, I'm sure plenty of guys prefer to go undrafted, because at least then they might in theory have a choice between a couple teams who might fit their skillset/have openings at their positions
sure there's some of that, but also you'd think teams would be drafting with depth and need in mind as well. although obviously it's a little different since some teams have more need in general for that kind of random depth than others so it's not an even distribution like the picks are.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
A good draft year for a team is basically getting 2 hits out of the first 3/4 rounds, then getting 1/2 hits out of rounds 5-7/UDFAs. Rookie contracts are all basically 4 year deals, so you've got that time window to chain together multiple good drafts to field a roster to win the SB.

Consider the Bucs during the SB season - 4 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense were on rookie contracts. And each of those players have either lived up to, or exceeded their draft position at this point, which is how I'd probably qualify a "hit" (live up to/exceed draft position + be a starter while on the rookie contract).

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
With so many accusers I'm inclined not to believe the watson shit.

On the other hand, I thought Buzzbee was a standup guy for a lawyer. He ran for mayor as basically a Trump Republican who knows how to get shit done. Which lends itself to the conspiracy theories, BTW. If I'm being honest, I understand the potential deviancy too. Lots of people out there need to push the envelope sexually. For guys who have women throwing themselves at them willing to do any nasty shit you can think of, it's a logical step that they need to get unwilling women to do shit. If all he did was ask for happy endings from girls who didn't normally do that, it aint nearly as bad as it could have been.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
With so many accusers I'm inclined not to believe the watson shit.

Fact. If it was just 1 chick with a bunch of Tiktoks of her twerking with her kids then maybe it would be believable.

A long list of people establishing a pattern of behavior? Obvious bullshit

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The established pattern is for the long list of accusers to suddenly show up out of the blue. Even though most if not all turn out to be provable liars it doesn't matter; the damage is done and they have already won.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
4uk9xdbui7o61.jpg

c7jjxsx7i4o61.jpg

fezni0aw16o61.jpg

jla8g14058o61.jpg

tq84mz3hu8o61.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like