2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's just some weird shit he's doing based on how strong he feels each team is. there's not really actual data involved, not that using previous year record is a great way to do SoS either.

Yeah, every year these SoS stuff comes out and they usually end up extremely wrong.

Merrith

A point someone just made, if they aren't moving on from Jimmy G, Niners could be taking Trey Lance at #3 and letting him sit for a year.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
A point someone just made, if they aren't moving on from Jimmy G, Niners could be taking Trey Lance at #3 and letting him sit for a year.
3 first round picks to move to #3 for Trey Lance?? Talk about overpaying and SUPER reaching....

Merrith

3 first round picks to move to #3 for Trey Lance?? Talk about overpaying and SUPER reaching....

Shanahan, smarter than everyone else in the room. Still more likely to be Fields, but you never know.

If someone falls in love with Mac Jones, too, we will truly be in crazytown.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, even worse is this take here (and Simms is close with Shanahan).

If the 49ers traded all of that to move up and get Mac Jones, I am going to be pissed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Shanahan, smarter than everyone else in the room. Still more likely to be Fields, but you never know.

If someone falls in love with Mac Jones, too, we will truly be in crazytown.
The REAL craziness will be if a team guesses right on who the 9ers have penciled in for that 3 spot and want the same guy and are willing to pay more to the Jets to get him. THEN we hit crazy town armageddon.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
eh, I think people are wrong about Jones as far as QB's in this draft goes. I'd put him at 3 ahead of Fields.

• 1Like

Merrith

Someone will have to trade the Bungles out of the 5 pick. They aren't giving up on Burrow after one year.

I assume Bungles stand pat and take Sewell. Then Miami could be asked to trade down again out of 6.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Interesting reading Dolphin boards, they like the first trade back, but hate the trade back up with Philly. Mainly because on aggregate, they basically moved back 3 spots for a 3rd next year, a 1st in 2023 NOT next year now, and they swapped a 4th for a 5th with the Eagles so they move back further on Day 3 this year.

If you look at it like that, it is a little weird to move back 3 spots to not move up at all this year, only back, a 3rd next year, and a 1st that is 2 years away.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Interesting reading Dolphin boards, they like the first trade back, but hate the trade back up with Philly. Mainly because on aggregate, they basically moved back 3 spots for a 3rd next year, a 1st in 2023 NOT next year now, and they swapped a 4th for a 5th with the Eagles so they move back further on Day 3 this year.

If you look at it like that, it is a little weird to move back 3 spots to not move up at all this year, only back, a 3rd next year, and a 1st that is 2 years away.
Yeah, I'm betting if the Eagles had just said "We'll trade our 1st, a 5th, next years 3rd, and 2023 1st for your 1st and 4th this year" Miami would have said no way. Amazing they ended up making that trade in aggregate.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The move back to 6 has to be targeted at someone and I'm like 99% sure not named Sewell since he just won't be there

Merrith

The move back to 6 has to be targeted at someone and I'm like 99% sure not named Sewell since he just won't be there

It's probably just them knowing they will get at least one of Sewell, Pitts, or Chase, who are all game changer type caliber guys. None of them will be there at 12.

• 1Like

Merrith

The more I think about it, the more I think Dolphins kinda messed up a little as far as what they got for moving back 3 spots. The extra 1st being 2023 and not next year just makes it weird.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The more I think about it, the more I think Dolphins kinda messed up a little as far as what they got for moving back 3 spots. The extra 1st being 2023 and not next year just makes it weird.
No, that just makes it 100% Dolphins. Them and Jets ensure the AFCE winner always gets a bye

Merrith

No, that just makes it 100% Dolphins. Them and Jets ensure the AFCE winner always gets a bye

I mean it's whatever, they're still getting an extra 1st and 3rd while swapping a 4th for a 5th, but 3rd not being this year and 1st not being for 2 years in theory is less value right now.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
New fav Dolphin since Marino

9714C4F6-9BEE-4707-BFBF-3CAF22BFC3EA.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users