2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean there's plenty of seasons where 2 or 3 dudes don't go so it goes down pretty far. There's always a chance!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
An illustrious list. I can't even remember Troy Smith. Can't believe he had six starts and I have no memory of it.

Jeff Garcia | 71 starts
Record: 35-36

Steve Stenstrom | 3 starts
Record: 0-3

Tim Rattay | 16 starts
Record: 4-12

Ken Dorsey | 10 starts
Record: 2-8

Cody Pickett | 2 starts
Record: 0-2

Alex Smith | 75 starts
Record: 38-36-1

Chris Weinke | 1 start
Record: 0-1

Trent Dilfer | 6 starts
Record: 1-5

Shaun Hill | 16 starts
Record: 10-6

JT O'Sullivan | 8 starts
Record: 2-6

Troy Smith | 6 starts
Record: 3-3

Colin Kaepernick | 58 starts
Record: 28-30

Blaine Gabbert | 13 starts
Record: 4-9

Brian Hoyer | 6 starts
Record: 0-6

CJ Beathard | 10 starts
Record: 1-9

Jimmy Garoppolo | 30 starts
Record: 22-8

Nick Mullens | 15 starts
Record: 5-10

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
An illustrious list. I can't even remember Troy Smith. Can't believe he had six starts and I have no memory of it.

Jeff Garcia | 71 starts

Tim Rattay | 16 starts

Ken Dorsey | 10 starts

Cody Pickett | 2 starts

Alex Smith | 75 starts

Chris Weinke | 1 start

Trent Dilfer | 6 starts

Shaun Hill | 16 starts

JT O'Sullivan | 8 starts

Troy Smith | 6 starts

Brian Hoyer | 6 starts

CJ Beathard | 10 starts

Nick Mullens | 15 starts
Alex Playoffs Smith with the best record until Jimmy G.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not enough cowboys talk in here. See you at the superbowl nerds.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Jeff Garcia | 71 starts

Tim Rattay | 16 starts

Ken Dorsey | 10 starts

Cody Pickett | 2 starts

Alex Smith | 75 starts

Chris Weinke | 1 start

Trent Dilfer | 6 starts

Shaun Hill | 16 starts

JT O'Sullivan | 8 starts

Troy Smith | 6 starts

Brian Hoyer | 6 starts

CJ Beathard | 10 starts

Nick Mullens | 15 starts
Kirun Kirun get off my bandwagon you prick. This is my team now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Smith had a new coordinator every year he was there and a couple coaches. Shit happens.

Just cracks me up to call him playoffs. That 1 win with the Niners in the playoffs was a crazy game, though, I'll give him that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just cracks me up to call him playoffs. That 1 win in the playoffs was a crazy game, though, I'll give him that.
He was constantly dragging shit teams to the playoffs. Just like this year, but wasn't good enough to take them all the way.

Merrith

He was constantly dragging shit teams to the playoffs. Just like this year, but wasn't good enough to take them all the way.

Shit teams? 2011 Niners team was top 10 in rushing, and had the #2 defense in points against. 2013 Chiefs had top 10 rushing offense, top 5 D in points against. 2015 Chiefs top 10 rushing offense, 3rd best D in points against per game. 2016 Chiefs Smith had Kelce and Tyreek to start carrying the O, although again the 7th ranked defense in points against. 2017 Chiefs he had Kelce, Hill, and Hunt. Not to mention Andy Reid running all those offenses.

This year? 4th ranked D in points against. I'll just never understand the idea that he was the one dragging these teams. He was a game manager, that would get pushed to the playoffs usually behind a good D and strong running game, and in 2017 he just had a sick set of skill players around him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We can avatar bet on if any of the top 3 QBs make it to pick #12? I mean, good QBs drop all the time, that's exactly why people don't ever trade up in the....OHHHH.
12th pick you say? Great QBs *never* drop past those picks. Teams miss all the fucking time and let good players drop(see below) or the consensus is dead fucking wrong (also see below). Ryan Leaf + an untold amount of other shit QBs were drafted higher than these guys. Even if someone *is* considered a top pick sometimes teams just dont pick them, regardless of how they turn out. Plus not *all* the top teams picking need a QB and you dont even have to worry about those teams. Point is its still better to wait and see because crazy shit happens on draft day, especially when teams are on the clock.

Avatar bet on top 3 picks is retarded because we dont know if they will ever be good or were as good as advertised until at least a few years into their careers. I give zero fucks about some bet picking the blue chips that turn out as duds. All it proves is team X missed bigtime.

gettyimages-1294332705.jpg

beaf3a8c3183447892633bb5c81570cf.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

I'm expecting top 3 picks to be QB's, 4 in the top 10. Depending on who you ask, 5 QB's will go top 10 or top 15. Seems crazy, but I hope it happens...just lets more options slip down towards #19.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Expecting means shit.

Again.

Teams are fucking retarded all the time. It happens. To say it doesn't means you are disingenuous piece of shit.

Proof: Pick 1 vs Pick 24

I mean, at the time, Smith going before Rodgers wasn't crazy, it was just nuts that Rodgers fell as far as he did. Some of these drafts from earlier years and the way the league is now are part of the reason why teams don't fuck around at all and overdraft QB's so high nowadays.

Yeah, expecting means jack, but It's an absolute lock Jacksonville and the 49ers takes QB's at 1 and 3. Jets have that weird rumor that Corey Davis claimed they're sticking with Darnold, so who knows! After all, it happens.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Teams do crazy shit on draft day on the clock. Tick tock. Pressure from the GM or dumbass owner can force teams into giving up a lot more than when they have it all laid out on the table. Or some guy you never thought would be there makes it to your pick. Seen this happen too many times.

That's the point I was making. Not to mention pretty much every team drafting high needs a hell of a lot more than a QB anyways to be relevant. I guess we will see what happens.

• 1Like

Merrith

Damnit Genjiro Genjiro , now you got me deep diving the '05 Draft. It's funny a lot of articles called it a weak draft, but 11 of the first 15 picks ended up Pro Bowlers at some point in their careers. Crazy to think Braylon Edwards actually had a ~1,300 yard receiving season with SIXTEEN TD's as a Cleveland Brown...with Derek Anderson throwing to him.