2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That trade by the 49ers let’s them keep their best players together for the next 4 years while whoever they draft is on a rookie deal. If they turn their pick into even a top 15 Qb, combined with the cap flexibility provided by that contract, the move was worth every asset they gave up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That trade by the 49ers let’s them keep their best players together for the next 4 years while whoever they draft is on a rookie deal. If they turn their pick into even a top 15 Qb, combined with the cap flexibility provided by that contract, the move was worth every asset they gave up.

This is the risk of these deals. If they get the pick right, can be totally worth it. If they miss, it hurts a lot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Jones and Fields are having there pro days on the same day, Shanahan and Lynch are heading to Jones' while the Asst GM heads to Fields.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So Jones and Fields are having there pro days on the same day, Shanahan and Lynch are heading to Jones' while the Asst GM heads to Fields.
I really hope this is some sort of smokescreen

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When you look at jones’ abilities, he is clearly the type of QB shanahan likes. Really good mechanics, no need to fuck with his motions. High football IQ and deadly accurate.

• 2Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really hope this is some sort of smokescreen

Bro, trading 3 1sts for Mac is the kind of decision making I can get behind!

Lynch rules!.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Report: Patriots not pursuing Garoppolo

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, all the talk is about the 49ers taking Jones, and I just don't fucking get it. Shanahan clearly sees something he loves in the guy. The ONLY thing I can hope is that they are for some reason just trying to throw everyone off, but I don't think that is the case. The only reason I have any hope though is because of how hard they have locked down on leaks since they got there. They made it a big point to be as open as possible, but all of the rumors stopped once they got in place.

If Shanahan & Lynch have one major flaw, it's that they find "their guy" and locks onto him and won't let go. They then overpay for them (see McKinnon, Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, Malcolm Smith, etc).

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol what a fucking idiot.

I still believe old McNair money got him fucked.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Chargers Franchise Choose Two: Good coaching, talented team, no injuries.

Easy. I'd take good coaching and no injuries for a solid team. The dolphins went undefeated with the chinese bandits no name defense. Granted they had some big names on offense. Any other choice gets you an exciting team at best, and exciting isn't always good. I would say the good coaching is non negotiable, but the Cowboys won a SB with talent, no injuries, and a shitty coach. So it can be done.

How many teams would not in hindsight draft Patrick Mahomes now before the Chiefs pick at 10? You could argue every single team would be retarded to not do that, even with pro bowlers like Garrett. That many teams got it dead wrong. Regardless of their QB situation, if those guys could see the future they would likely ALL take him. Look at all the shit teams in this draft who need a QB this year. Many of them missed then too.

It's a crazy process.

What I think all of you are missing in this discussion is that mahomes would have been shit with the browns or bears (the top 2 picks that year). Rodgers probably would have sucked if he went to the niners in 05. Most of the time the teams picking higher are picking higher because they fucking suck. That gives the top draft picks a smaller chance of succeeding.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What I think all of you are missing in this discussion is that mahomes would have been shit with the browns or bears (the top 2 picks that year). Rodgers probably would have sucked if he went to the niners in 05. Most of the time the teams picking higher are picking higher because they fucking suck. That gives the top draft picks a smaller chance of succeeding.
It sure seems like this point gets missed so damn often. A QB being successful on 1 team is by no means a guarantee he would be great on another.

• 4Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, John Elway, etc. were never high draft picks that landed on teams that were absolute garbage..

Generational talent like that doesn't really give a fuck how shitty the team was before they got there. By the nature of their skill, they inevitably make the team better.

• 4Like