2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I watched the Pro days of Wilson, Lance, Jones, and Fields.

Wilson and Fields both look absolutely money. I would prefer Wilson to the 49ers, but again I am doubtful it happens. That kid looks special. However, Fields made some bonkers throws as well. So I wouldn't be bummed by him getting drafted.

Lance I can totally see the upside on as well. He very clearly has some accuracy issues, but all of the physical traits appear to be there. He feels like a Josh Allen type that you hope develops that accuracy the way Allen did this year. Seems scary to take at 3 with the question, but still I can see the upside.

Jones was...whatever. Missed several big throws, but overall was fine. I am sad cause I just know they are going to pick him!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, thats a great point. He probably loves playing for Arians, more laid back, in Florida, much better than cold ass Massachusetts and having to look at Belichicks face every day.

I hear the 49ers are spying Mac Jones.

Which fucking sucks. I dont know why they would trade up to 3 in order to draft Mac Jones..... They need to take WIlson if he is there which he probably wont be, and if he isnt then Fields is the next guy. I just see this being yet another QB fail for the 49ers, some years from now you will see Justin Fields running all over the field and ends up being a dynamic Pro Bowl player while Mac Jones loses out to Jimmy G and ends up being trash.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I've been listening to a few podcasts on the 49ers, and I actually don't think they are going to take Jones. If you listen to what Shanahan said about the "ideal QB" at the press conference the other day, none of the qualities he listed out matched Jones. I really think it is going to be Fields or Lance, and the more I watch and read about Fields, I hope it is him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hear the 49ers are spying Mac Jones.
Which fucking sucks. I dont know why they would trade up to 3 in order to draft Mac Jones..... They need to take WIlson if he is there which he probably wont be, and if he isnt then Fields is the next guy. I just see this being yet another QB fail for the 49ers, some years from now you will see Justin Fields running all over the field and ends up being a dynamic Pro Bowl player while Mac Jones loses out to Jimmy G and ends up being trash.

To make you feel better, QBs usually thrive in Shanahans system and Mac should be very successful if he can stay healthy. He’s very smart and accurate and both are upgrades over Jimmy.

Brady was a very successful system QB that learned to become more. Mac should try to emulate Brady as much as possible.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So I've been listening to a few podcasts on the 49ers, and I actually don't think they are going to take Jones. If you listen to what Shanahan said about the "ideal QB" at the press conference the other day, none of the qualities he listed out matched Jones. I really think it is going to be Fields or Lance, and the more I watch and read about Fields, I hope it is him.
It just sucks to know they're taking a QB and have to wait a month to find out which one it is. I don't really have an opinion on any of them. I don't watch college football and I'm not qualified to evaluate players if I did, but a month of speculation by all the draft wonks is going to be agonizing.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

I didnt believe it either. It kinda seemed more like a media driven smoke screen. Because no one even considers him a first round pick but aknowledges he will go in the first just because of the position and teams in need. And going higher than 10-15 was a stretch.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I love Brady. No one can trigger more retards with a fake tattoo than that guy.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Playing for a coach that isn’t a complete robot may extend Brady’s career another 10 years.
You know it was funny early in the season when Bruce would openly critique Tom during press conferences. The media jumped on that as storyline of Bruce and Tom hating each other - which was a bunch of bullshit.

If anything, I bet you Tom loves to be coached hard and I also bet you it actually helped him. Tom was trying to convince guys in the locker room that he's just "one of the guys" and I bet you a surefire way to convince everyone is to have your coach critique you just like any other player if they had a bad performance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I know Lockett is good, and important to Seattle, but man that feels like a lot for a WR2. How do the Seahawks fans feel about it?

• 1WTF

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It was interesting to me Shanahan even talked about the zone read, and said it wasn't "figured out" by the league...just all depends what you do in addition to it to keep teams honest from only keying on it. No idea if that was in relation to who they were going to pick at 3, but that would definitely point more towards Fields or Lance if so.

Animosity

So I know Lockett is good, and important to Seattle, but man that feels like a lot for a WR2. How do the Seahawks fans feel about it?

Hes not really a WR2. People just assume that because of DK. Its more 1A/1B, and game flow. His hands are insane, he catches almost everything thrown his way and is a dynamic route runner. Some of this probably is to make up for how good of a deal they got him on his last contract. And only $37 mil guaranteed is basically $9 mil a year. Thats a bargain. Top dollar guys are making around $18 a year, so I wouldnt be shocked if this is just for 2 years and they release him because they have to pay DK.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Hes not really a WR2. People just assume that because of DK. Its more 1A/1B, and game flow. His hands are insane, he catches almost everything thrown his way and is a dynamic route runner. Some of this probably is to make up for how good of a deal they got him on his last contract. And only $37 mil guaranteed is basically $9 mil a year. Thats a bargain. Top dollar guys are making around $18 a year, so I wouldnt be shocked if this is just for 2 years and they release him because they have to pay DK.
I mean calling him a WR2 is just context for that team. He'd be WR1 for some teams for sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Buzbee posted on Instagram on Tuesday night that he now doesn't feel comfortable going to the Houston Police Department with any information and that he and his clients "will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities." Earlier this month, Buzbee said he would submit affidavits and evidence from several women to the Houston PD and the Houston district attorney.

"My legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on ... the exclusive Command Staff of HPD," Buzbee posted on Instagram. "I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers-I think the rank and file know that."

Yup, full clown show. Also fucking crazy how many women must have massaged Watson at this point with these numbers.