2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What say you Chargers bros? Excited to potentially be rid of Spanos?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine owning a sports team and having to sell it because you are going broke?

That sucks lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

sounds more like a family squabble more than anything.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
A lot of the sports teams aren't particularly profitable year to year. A lot of them even lose some money. The big profit is when they sell the team 30 years later for 20 times what they paid for it lol.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its crazy that Kraft bought the Patriots in the year 2000.

From that point on they turned into the greatest team in NFL history and increased their value by 300+% in 20 years.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
On one hand, fuck Spanos. On the other hand, I could see new ownership being even worse as they try to get their investment back as quickly as possible. The dream of some new ownership coming in and bring the team back to San Diego will likely never happen.

Appropriate fucking day for Chargers news though.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
A lot of the sports teams aren't particularly profitable year to year. A lot of them even lose some money. The big profit is when they sell the team 30 years later for 20 times what they paid for it lol.

Yea Jerry Jones sleeps on piles of money, his purchase of the Cowboys is the greatest buy in sports history thus far.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A lot of the sports teams aren't particularly profitable year to year. A lot of them even lose some money.

The Davis family have this problem with the Raiders. Franchise worth 3 billion but some years they can barely afford to pay the full salary cap.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

rather lengthy but the gist of it is Dea is a bitch wanting to force a sale of all of the families portions so she can make more money from a sale vs just her portion

Sterling

El Presidente
The Davis family have this problem with the Raiders. Franchise worth 3 billion but some years they can barely afford to pay the full salary cap.
Yeah, it's come up with a few teams. There's been a lot of times where some of the most profitable teams were garbage low salary teams too, but most owners I'd imagine like the social status of owning a team more than they care about the relatively shit rate of return year to year.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm assuming that won't be a problem with the new stadium once fans can come back.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be very curious to see how well they fill that stadium, especially if they don't start playing better. I know there is some initial excitement in Vegas about the Raiders being there, but I have no idea how gung ho the fans are. Cause I can't imagine the tickets are going to be cheap.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The article in the Los Angeles Times regarding the sudden and unexpected dysfunction within Chargers ownership makes a claim that has gained significant traction.

Emotion Reaction GIF

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be surprised if the Raiders have issues filling the stadium. Raider fans are everywhere. Fly in for a weekend of gambling and hit up the game on Sunday will be a big thing

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll be very curious to see how well they fill that stadium, especially if they don't start playing better. I know there is some initial excitement in Vegas about the Raiders being there, but I have no idea how gung ho the fans are. Cause I can't imagine the tickets are going to be cheap.

Vegas embraced Golden Knights pretty fast, although it helps when they go to the Finals first year of existence and are still one of the top teams in the league. I can't believe they're doing the same expansion rules for Seattle, too, hopefully some of the other GM's have smartened up this time around.

• 1Like