2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Vegas embraced Golden Knights pretty fast, although it helps when they go to the Finals first year of existence and are still one of the top teams in the league. I can't believe they're doing the same expansion rules for Seattle, too, hopefully some of the other GM's have smartened up this time around.
And they were also an expansion team, so Vegas was their first home. Not saying the Raiders won't be embraced, just curious.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And they were also an expansion team, so Vegas was their first home. Not saying the Raiders won't be embraced, just curious.

Yeah I just got the sense Vegas was really hyped to have sports, so I'm assuming Raiders will pull in plenty of fans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I’d love some documentation these owners are plebs barely making it by the barest margin. I’m keenly remembering the gigantic new TV deals that are replacing the previous gigantic deals. I also remember cities paying to build the stadiums as well as an insanely wealthy group of about 3000 players only splitting the pie in half with 32 owners. Add in Goodell making about 50 mill himself to be a fuck up and I’m having difficulty with the scenario.

Unless we are instead discussing a few ultra wealthy people mismanaging their insane levels of wealth generation. If that’s the case, then carry on.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's not that most teams aren't profitable, they're just not nearly as profitable as other things those people can do with a couple of billion dollars with a few outlier teams that are actively not profitable. The big profits are from resale years down the line.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be surprised if the Raiders have issues filling the stadium. Raider fans are everywhere. Fly in for a weekend of gambling and hit up the game on Sunday will be a big thing

Yep. Already making plans. Probably go to that new Raiders Bar and Grill they just opened up. Goodson and Biletnikoff even have their wines being served there.

Last edited:

Merrith

It's not that most teams aren't profitable, they're just not nearly as profitable as other things those people can do with a couple of billion dollars with a few outlier teams that are actively not profitable. The big profits are from resale years down the line.

I remember reading something about it a few years ago where it varied quite a bit, where the lowest profit teams were seeing was something in the range of $20M a year but with the teams doing the best raking in up to $200M+ a year. Not that $20M a year is chump change, but I was a little surprised to hear some teams are down that far, although the massive difference between top and bottom was no shock at all. I just figured it would be more like 200M v 50M or 300 v 100.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'll be surprised if the Raiders have issues filling the stadium. Raider fans are everywhere. Fly in for a weekend of gambling and hit up the game on Sunday will be a big thing

There are tons of Raiders fans in LA too and it's already a thing for LA people to fly/drive over to Vegas Saturday morning (5 hour drive or a $100 each way southwest ticket), party it up, and then head back on Sunday night. Adding a Raiders game to the mix just makes it that much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Imagine anything else in Buffalo netting you 20+ mill every year. Imagine Davis having success at anything his dad hadn’t given him. Imagine anyone knowing Snyder’s name without The WFT. Or the Spanos’s, etc. The NFL is highly lucrative in all kinds of ways

Sterling

El Presidente
Imagine anything else in Buffalo netting you 20+ mill every year. Imagine Davis having success at anything his dad hadn’t given him. Imagine anyone knowing Snyder’s name without The WFT. Or the Spanos’s, etc. The NFL is highly lucrative in all kinds of ways
That's what I was saying. There's a lot of status that comes from owning a team and eventually when you do sell you generally will make a massive profit. 20M is obviously a lot of money for most people, but 20M is only 1 percent of 2B and most major franchises cost significantly more than that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
168068088_10219566781468608_630480901047748806_n.jpg

• 14Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 16 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

At first I thought Hardin maybe did a good thing by calling Buzbee out but not so much now and especially if it isn't one of Buzbee's clients

Merrith

Imagine if Houston had traded him right before this whole shitstorm started. Zero chance the team that got him would have believed the Texans had no idea it was coming.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That's what I was saying. There's a lot of status that comes from owning a team and eventually when you do sell you generally will make a massive profit. 20M is obviously a lot of money for most people, but 20M is only 1 percent of 2B and most major franchises cost significantly more than that.

You made really good points and so did others. I was just saying, there are few businesses that are so well insulated from failure. The Browns and Bengals franchises were utterly incompetent for decades. It doesn't matter and eventually they land the star player(s) needed to score some extra dough. Look at the Glazers. They are considered some of the cheapest owners in sports but they picked the right people and time...and are going to make a killing for at least as long as Brady plays. Look at Cal McNair.

Very few businesses have the built in money advantages they do. Free stadiums, guaranteed TV smorgasbords, shared owner profit, etc, etc. You literally can be as dumb as the dude underneath and still make out like a bandit. Nothing else compares on the benefits front.

AMMS_fd2ff6eb5256055cfa847a11d32a0896

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Vegas games will sell very well. Think of all the away fans that will mark that as a destination. I'm already planning on going to the game when the Bengals visit. And so are like...15 of the folks in my crew.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's like that here in Arizona. Everyone travels here for their team in October November and December. When I had season tickets I would sell two of those games to pay for season tickets.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Vegas games will sell very well. Think of all the away fans that will mark that as a destination. I'm already planning on going to the game when the Bengals visit. And so are like...15 of the folks in my crew.
Which is why the Chargers should have gone there and let the Raiders share in L.A. like they used too. Spanos is a faggot.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!