2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haskins 2.0 @ Merrith

Im starting to think Shanahan is going to play himself by taking Mac Jones. Its looking like he is being too smart for even himself, where he wants to take Lance and be ahead of the game, taking the Mahomes type QB in a spot where most wouldnt, but is going to end up double thinking it and going for the "safer" pick in the "sure thing" Jones.

Im hoping they do take Lance. If they take Jones Shanahan and his dad will be remembered as failures with the 49ers. Unless Jones turns out to be good and takes them to the big dance, which I doubt.

I have serious doubts he's as bad as Haskins. I get it, the Ohio State stuff, but Haskins had super limited mobility, pocket passer with bad accuracy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was just teasing you bud.

Fields is way better than Haskins I bet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I’m actually more impressed by Fields now. It is a knock but it can be easily managed. If he’s played at this level with it for this long, I’d say it is well managed already. Final determination by the doctors but he should be good. He’s probably trying to get ahead of the negative stories and almost guaranteed drop on draft day. He’s still a top 15 prospect in my eyes and someone might get a steal.

• 2Like

Merrith

I was just teasing you bud.

Fields is way better than Haskins I bet.

Picking at 19, I'd take the shot. Missing on Haskins hurt, but wasn't like we moved up for him, plus we traded back up into that 1st and got Sweat at #26, who's been a stud.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jim Nagy was on KNBR last week and unlike most analysts, he thinks Mac Jones is clearly superior to Fields and Lance and he says a lot of NFL people agree. Not saying he's right, but apparently if Shanahan really feels that way he's not the only one who does.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I've thought Jones is getting slept on hard all along. Love how 49'er fans have zero faith in shanahan if jones is his pick.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Take 10 minutes out of your day to watch some highlights of the greatest WR ever. Still hurts me a little bit knowing his last games were in a Seahawks uniform. Only saving grace is it was like a year or 2 after the realignment, so SF and Seattle weren't really rivals yet.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Ya, I've thought Jones is getting slept on hard all along. Love how 49'er fans have zero faith in shanahan if jones is his pick.
Its not the lack of faith in Shanahan, everyone knows what he can do. Its just not taking the best available player. Hes not even rated to be a 1st rounder by most scouts. He is just gonna go high because of positional needs.

Araxen

Still like the Ravens proposal better but at least this is something

NFL needs to allow a mic into the replay booth. Rugby and some other sports do it, and it's amazing. It adds a lot to the game.

• 2Like

Merrith

Jim Nagy was on KNBR last week and unlike most analysts, he thinks Mac Jones is clearly superior to Fields and Lance and he says a lot of NFL people agree. Not saying he's right, but apparently if Shanahan really feels that way he's not the only one who does.

It would be really interesting to know what they see that others don't. I mean obviously they're in the NFL for a reason, but there are lot of analysts out there that know their shit, too, and some don't even think Jones should be a 1st round pick.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Its not the lack of faith in Shanahan, everyone knows what he can do. Its just not taking the best available player. Hes not even rated to be a 1st rounder by most scouts. He is just gonna go high because of positional needs.

If Jones is the pick, isn't that shanahan definitively saying the scouts are wrong and he will be getting the best player available. So yes, it is a lack of faith by the fans.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
At the very least he'd be saying non-49ers scouts are wrong. It is possible that Lynch/9ers scouts are also that high on Jones based on whatever they saw out of his play/character

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Take 10 minutes out of your day to watch some highlights of the greatest WR ever. Still hurts me a little bit knowing his last games were in a Seahawks uniform. Only saving grace is it was like a year or 2 after the realignment, so SF and Seattle weren't really rivals yet.

Nobody could snag it out of the air like Jerry. Crazy how many of those catches are in double and even triple coverage. That TD pass was outrageous too. A lot of QBs would be jealous of that throw.

Jozu

Jones has performed. His accuracy and completion percentage are ridiculous. His completion % last year was what 76.3 or something?

He put up incredible numbers at Alabama.

I just think hes fat and without a big, nasty offensive line he wont be able to have the time he needs to be accurate. Although, his pocket awareness is above average, and he has done a great job avoiding taking sacks, getting rid of the ball very quickly.

Who knows at this point. I think as 49er fan you cant be upset with Jones, Fields or Lance. I just feel like giving up 3 first rd picks for Fat Jones is WAY too much. 3 for Fields? Its more reasonable IMO, but still too much. 3 for Lance, obviously way too much but he has such a high cieling he could end up being a Pro Bowl type dynamic QB who balls out on his rookie deal ala Russel WIlson and ends up being worth it.

I dont know if ESPN knows something we dont, but their draft algorithm has Fields being available at 5th overall in 99.6 % of projected draft runs. They basically know the 49ers are taking Jones at 3.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Nobody was even talking about Jones as a 1st rounder until kind of recently, if they hadn't leaked all that bullshit you don't think there was a good chance he'd have been there at 12? Or at least at 7 or somewhere like that where it wouldn't have cost them nearly as much? Not that i'm complaining, miami got a good haul out of it and will still have a lot of options at 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Nobody could snag it out of the air like Jerry. Crazy how many of those catches are in double and even triple coverage. That TD pass was outrageous too. A lot of QBs would be jealous of that throw.

I'm not saying he's not the GOAT but