2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If he can thwart 22 accusers, then thats a game changer.

It would reset the sexual assault civil suit market. I mean, if you can refute TWENTY TWO WOMEN, then someone could refute 42 women. The numbers wont matter, depending on the type of case.

You never know though, look at Darren Sharper. That was such a bizarre case. At first the public didnt believe it, he was a good looking renowned former NFL pro bowler and champion. But when 10 plus women came forward he couldnt escape it. That was criminal, so a lot different, but you would think the public would believe at least one out of the almost two dozen women in Watsons situation.

It's interesting that the league and the Texans have not disowned Watson yet. Given the current "me too" culture, the NFL would throw Watson under the bus in a micro-second if there were any concrete proof of misdeeds.

He may yet get thrown under the bus, but so far Watson is still a NFL QB.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's interesting that the league and the Texans have not disowned Watson yet. Given the current "me too" culture, the NFL would throw Watson under the bus in a micro-second if there were any concrete proof of misdeeds.

It was all a clever ploy by the Texans to make him essentially untradeable but not so bad that they'd have to release him, thus making Watson feel like had no choice but to dutifully report in and play with Houson. Working to perfection!

The only problem with that explanation, of course, is the Texans general lack of competency in all areas of upper management.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
would throw Watson under the bus in a micro-second if there were any concrete proof of misdeeds.

I mean fuck, if there was concrete proof he was assaulting massage therapists, he should be thrown under the bus.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Now that names are known I would expect more of an investigation from the NFL now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

He'd be hanged already if he was a white guy. Gotta keep your political agendas straight.

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I hope every single one of these is found to be a false accusation. It would be amazing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
2war0maasmt61.jpg

07fz1q7h0kt61.jpg

pmyles6a41u61.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Touchdown

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Damn that is pretty crazy. Only the 3rd coach since 1969

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
lol. Aldon Smith is the epitome of a failure.

Definitely seems like his MO is when something good happens to him he immediately goes out and fucks it up.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn that is pretty crazy. Only the 3rd coach since 1969

It actually seems a little weird that they're sticking with Tomlin given how cutthroat the league tends to be about coaches who aren't producing.

2007 - lost wild card
2008 - won Super Bowl
2009 - missed playoffs
2010 - lost Super Bowl
2011 - lost wild card
2012 - missed playoffs
2013 - missed playoffs
2014 - lost wild card
2015 - lost divisional
2016 - lost conference championship
2017 - earned bye lost divisional
2018 - missed playoffs
2019 - missed playoffs
2020 - lost wild card

So three deep playoff runs in his career, the two most successful of which were more than 10 years ago. While he's 8-8 overall in the playoffs, in the last ten years he's 3-6 with 4 missed playoff years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If he can thwart 22 accusers, then thats a game changer.

It would reset the sexual assault civil suit market. I mean, if you can refute TWENTY TWO WOMEN, then someone could refute 42 women. The numbers wont matter, depending on the type of case.

You never know though, look at Darren Sharper. That was such a bizarre case. At first the public didnt believe it, he was a good looking renowned former NFL pro bowler and champion. But when 10 plus women came forward he couldnt escape it. That was criminal, so a lot different, but you would think the public would believe at least one out of the almost two dozen women in Watsons situation.

Im cheering for him. #metoo and all the other bullshit women have getting away with needs to end.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It actually seems a little weird that they're sticking with Tomlin given how cutthroat the league tends to be about coaches who aren't producing.

2007 - lost wild card
2008 - won Super Bowl
2009 - missed playoffs
2010 - lost Super Bowl
2011 - lost wild card
2012 - missed playoffs
2013 - missed playoffs
2014 - lost wild card
2015 - lost divisional
2018 - missed playoffs
2019 - missed playoffs
2020 - lost wild card

So three deep playoff runs in his career, the two most successful of which were more than 10 years ago. While he's 8-8 overall in the playoffs, in the last ten years he's 3-6 with 4 missed playoff years.

go ahead and add another missed playoff year for 2021

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

2007 - lost wild card
2008 - won Super Bowl
2009 - missed playoffs
2010 - lost Super Bowl
2011 - lost wild card
2012 - missed playoffs
2013 - missed playoffs
2014 - lost wild card
2015 - lost divisional
2018 - missed playoffs
2019 - missed playoffs
2020 - lost wild card

Among current head coaches you probably couldn't put together much of a list of guys who have been more successful. The fact that most of his success was at the beginning of his career though and the fact that he's had a franchise QB his whole career sort of counts against him though.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean they've not been particular great in the last 3-4 seasons, but some of that is roster health. They have one of the best regular season records during his tenure and I'd guess not very many teams also have 16 playoff games during that time either. They obviously value stability at HC.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean they've not been particular great in the last 3-4 seasons, but some of that is roster health. They have one of the best regular season records during his tenure and I'd guess not very many teams also have 16 playoff games during that time either. They obviously value stability at HC.
Pretty spot on. Alot of those bad seasons were due to injuries. Tomlin is still a smart guy and good coach that gets results. Also playing in that weak ass division probably helps.

• 1Like