2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
just realized hall of fame game is today, might have to watch a possession or two

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
just realized hall of fame game is today, might have to watch a possession or two
Every year I get excited because football is back. Then I turn on the first game and am reminded that 1. well it is pre-season football and isn't very good, and 2. it is 2 teams I don't give a shit about.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure what you mean by 3 games prior to the Raiders. Tua played the entirety of the 3 games before the Raiders game.
11/29 against the jets, 11/22 against the Broncos and 10/18 against the Jets, I meant his last 3 games before he played against the Raiders. The 11/29 Jets game he was pretty solid but the other 2 he was awful even though they won 2 out of those 3. His yards per attempt swirled around 6 yards though those three games which is not good. QBR of 60, 30 and 39...

• 1Truth!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
11/29 against the jets, 11/22 against the Broncos and 10/18 against the Jets, I meant his last 3 games before he played against the Raiders. The 11/29 Jets game he was pretty solid but the other 2 he was awful even though they won 2 out of those 3. His yards per attempt swirled around 6 yards though those three games which is not good. QBR of 60, 30 and 39...

I kind of give him a pass on the Broncos game, Fitz didn't come in until there was 10:44 left in the entire game with Miami down 20-10 and had more passing yards than Tua did in 3+ quarters. Got them within 7, then drove from his own 1 yard line to the Broncos 15 with a minute to play. Kinda forced it to Parker in the end zone for a pick, but I mean it was 3rd and long already. Guy can't miracle a win cleaning up Tua's mess every time.

First game against the jets he had 3 TD's and they shut them out 24-0. Shrug.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
surprisingly, I am still watching. Haskins in for the steelers, could be interesting

EDIT promptly goes 3 and out, lol

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it too early to crown the cowboys champs?

• 1Worf

Merrith

Nice to see fans, but this is a glorified scrimmage. Is what it is, though, I'll take it.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kind of give him a pass on the Broncos game, Fitz didn't come in until there was 10:44 left in the entire game with Miami down 20-10 and had more passing yards than Tua did in 3+ quarters. Got them within 7, then drove from his own 1 yard line to the Broncos 15 with a minute to play. Kinda forced it to Parker in the end zone for a pick, but I mean it was 3rd and long already. Guy can't miracle a win cleaning up Tua's mess every time.

First game against the jets he had 3 TD's and they shut them out 24-0. Shrug.
Yep, they won 2 of the 3 but his QBR and average yards per attempt were less than half what it normally is. I see your point too I am just into analytics I suppose.

Merrith

Yep, they won 2 of the 3 but his QBR and average yards per attempt were less than half what it normally is. I see your point too I am just into analytics I suppose.

I actually saw higher and lower QBR ratings for the games in question than you posted (higher against the Jets 2nd game, lower for first). But single game sample sizes are going to vary. Also not understanding the "less than half what it normally is" for yards per attempt. His career yards/attempt is 6.9. For the first Jets game he had 7.1, the Broncos 6.5, and 2nd Jets game 6.6. Seems about normal.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually saw higher and lower QBR ratings for the games in question than you posted (higher against the Jets 2nd game, lower for first). But single game sample sizes are going to vary. Also not understanding the "less than half what it normally is" for yards per attempt. His career yards/attempt is 6.9. For the first Jets game he had 7.1, the Broncos 6.5, and 2nd Jets game 6.6. Seems about normal.
For the year, in most of his other games it was up around 13. I did not look at his overall stats.. He had a 60 QBR in there a 30 and a 39 from what I saw.

Realistically thought 13 would be a insanely good as the best qb's are usually around 8.5. He is also below 7 generally. His real streakiness comes from turnovers.

Merrith

For the year, in most of his other games it was up around 13. I did not look at his overall stats.. He had a 60 QBR in there a 30 and a 39 from what I saw.

Realistically thought 13 would be a insanely good as the best qb's are usually around 8.5. He is also below 7 generally. His real streakiness comes from turnovers.

He only topped 13 in one game last year, the Raiders game. His next highest was 12.5 against San Fran. Never topped 8 in any other game.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can it be a repost if it just keeps fitting?

Y8WSvub.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Airball
Reactions: 10 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
He only topped 13 in one game last year, the Raiders game. His next highest was 12.5 against San Fran. Never topped 8 in any other game.
Hmm for some reason I only thought he played 6 or 7 games, guess that's why I am not a Dolphins fan and I am a Cowboys fan.