2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Didn't finish my thought fucking full house.

Anyways like I said when I made this thread, it's the Cowboys year!!

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A year where there's only one North playoff team, one South playoff team, and at most two West playoff teams, and three wildcards at play.

That said, good on the Commanders (and the Giants, for that matter) for taking advantage of the rest of the NFC's issues.

Giants have the toughest schedule ranking so far, and Commanders the 3rd toughest. So it's not like it's been all against cupcakes. Bears the only other NFC team in top 10 on that list (ironically 2nd).

Also frankly right now the South is all under .500.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Those 4 games were against the Rams, Chargers, Cardinals and Saints. Outside of the Chargers, those are shit offenses. Cowboys Defense is every bit as good as the 9ers defense. And, like I said, if Trey Lance doesn't get hurt, you don't have any semblance of an offense.

Not sure we can make that claim about Lance. Guy played in 2 monsoon games, and got hurt in the 2nd one. Would have been curious to see what he could have done all year. Though I wonder if they trade for CMC if he's healthy still

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Is Love the next great QB who's career will be largely wasted in Green Bay?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Imagine he is headed to IR
I hope so, this season has been over for weeks. Between the finger and now the ribs, there is no point in his being out there, and we need to evaluate if Love is better than your standard veteran backup (e.g. Dalton).

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jimmy G forcing me to root for him again makes me sick, but doing some reflection I thought about the 90s with Steve Young and how he missed the playoffs in 91, and lost to the Cowboys twice (badly) in the NFC Championship game the next 2 years.

I was 10 years old at the time, so looking back at it now, would I have said fuck Steve Young after the 2nd Cowboys loss? I jumped off Jimmy bandwagon after the game losing interception against the Rams last year in the NFCCG. Now Steve won a fucking MVP in 92 and 94 and lead the league in passing etc, which Jimmy is NO WHERE near. So I imagine Steve had a lot of cache even at the start of the 94 season.

With all of that said, perhaps Jimmy is growing as a player, and will actually rise to the occasion and play well in a playoff game.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It feels like OBJ is a Cowboy already.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We've had 4 weeks in a row of "Good Jimmy" which is pretty unprecedented aside from the year they brought him out from New England. He did get bailed out on a bad INT by a penalty in this game and he took a lot of hits but hung in there and he deserves some credit for that. I'd still like to see a bizarro world game where Pat Mahomes was on this team and see what a real elite QB could do with all the weapons the 49ers have.

That 13-0 game was closer than it sounded. Saints have a very good defense and it took a couple of goal line stands to keep them from scoring. Sucks to lose Mitchell again but it sounds like he might get back for the playoffs. Really need CMC to stay healthy now and it sounds like he was beat up in the game yesterday as well. They did say everyone was a little out of sorts after the short week with Thanksgiving and a long flight back from Mexico so hopefully that's true. I think they need to play better vs. Miami than they did this week.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
We've had 4 weeks in a row of "Good Jimmy" which is pretty unprecedented aside from the year they brought him out from New England. He did get bailed out on a bad INT by a penalty in this game and he took a lot of hits but hung in there and he deserves some credit for that. I'd still like to see a bizarro world game where Pat Mahomes was on this team and see what a real elite QB could do with all the weapons the 49ers have.

That 13-0 game was closer than it sounded. Saints have a very good defense and it took a couple of goal line stands to keep them from scoring. Sucks to lose Mitchell again but it sounds like he might get back for the playoffs. Really need CMC to stay healthy now and it sounds like he was beat up in the game yesterday as well. They did say everyone was a little out of sorts after the short week with Thanksgiving and a long flight back from Mexico so hopefully that's true. I think they need to play better vs. Miami than they did this week.
I was going to come into this and say Dolphins @ 49ers is probably going to be the best game next week, but Jets @ Vikings, Titans @ Eagles, and Chiefs @ Bengals are all great games as well.

Still the most intriguing matchup though. Past familiarity of coaches between each other, similar offensive systems. 49ers have the better defense but Miami has the better offense/QB. Both teams have injuries to overcome (Miami just lost their pro bowl left tackle and the lowly Texans were immediately able to get pressure after that, and Raheem Mostert gave us 10 good games but is now out with his knee).

It's not the end of the world if Miami loses (need to win the games vs AFC teams more for tiebreakers, and KC's schedule is a lot easier so I don't expect them to lose the top seed) so I'm just going to take it in and try to enjoy it.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wanted philly to lose but I had to turn the game off because it physically hurt me to root for the packers.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They should flex the 9'ers vs Dolphins game to Sunday night, bounce the colts vs cowboy crapfest.

• 2Solidarity