2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Purdy is like the polar opposite of Trey Lance.

Lots of college experience, and very little athletic upside.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess Purdy is 6' 1" 220 so he's not that tiny. A lot of people look small next to Trent Williams.

I can't really think of any reason to release Baker Mayfield right now from a team that's not going to the playoffs unless he and his agent want to try for the 49er job.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Word is he asked for them to do it and they were fine with it. Someone picks him up they save money

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jesus Baker Mayfield went from a number 1 pick starting QB to out of a job and almost out of the league in just 2 years.

Honestly the only thing that Purdy lacks compared to Jimmy is the quick release and big game experience. Other than that it looks like the guy has what it takes to run this offense. His interception was god awful, he has CMC WIDE open right in front of him would have been a simple 4th down conversion, but outside of that he looked serviceable. He did also overthrow Aiyuk horribly, but I think he had the yips on that one.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jesus Baker Mayfield went from a number 1 pick starting QB to out of a job and almost out of the league in just 2 years.

And led the Browns to a playoff win over the fucking Steelers. In Pittsburgh. Wild ride of a career.

• 1Home Run
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Beyond the OBJ drama, I don't think Stefanski ever really wanted him as his QB and was gonna find a way to ditch him no matter how it went down or how well he did for the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He isn't even close to out of the league. He set a new league record for passing TDs as a rookie in 2018, kinda treaded water in 2019, then in 2020 took the Browns to the divisional round where they got buttfucked out of the conference championship by terrible reffing and one clutch scramble from a QB who has made a career out of riding pine.

We can only speculate as to exactly whose fault 2021 was and whose call it was to let Mayfield play with a torn labrum but it's no surprise that he continued to struggle after ending up with a shit franchise like the Panthers. I'd definitely place him forward of the Dalton-Bridgewater line and I expect him to be starting somewhere next season even if nobody picks him up for whats left of this one.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fucking Saints had control of the game pretty much all the way through until about 4-5 mins left, then let Brady go up and down the field in the last 2 drives for TDs to win it.

Landry dropping TD passes. Olave dropping passes. Mark Ingram stepping out of bounds a yard short of a first down on the second to last series, Taysom Hill dropping a big pass that would've been a first down. The team is a shell of its former self under Payton.

Can't even hang my hat on tanking for a better draft pick next year since they traded next year's first to the Eagles to grab Olave this past draft. Last night's drop notwithstanding, he's been largely sensational this year so it's hard to be too critical of that move but giving up that much is still gonna hurt regardless. Even moreso knowing the Eagles are arguably the best team in the NFC this year and picks like that will only help reinforce them there for years to come.

Fadaar

That guy
Fucking Saints had control of the game pretty much all the way through until about 4-5 mins left, then let Brady go up and down the field in the last 2 drives for TDs to win it.

Landry dropping TD passes. Olave dropping passes. Mark Ingram stepping out of bounds a yard short of a first down on the second to last series, Taysom Hill dropping a big pass that would've been a first down. The team is a shell of its former self under Payton.

Can't even hang my hat on tanking for a better draft pick next year since they traded next year's first to the Eagles to grab Olave this past draft. Last night's drop notwithstanding, he's been largely sensational this year so it's hard to be too critical of that move but giving up that much is still gonna hurt regardless. Even moreso knowing the Eagles are arguably the best team in the NFC this year and picks like that will only help reinforce them there for years to come.

Yeah the Eagles have youth on their side for at least a few more seasons, at least until those contracts all come knockin' at the same time.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I can't imagine the Eagles paying a RB, so they need someone next season. I love Kenneth Gainwell, but he's not a workhorse type. And I don't see Miles Sanders playing for a ring on a cheap contract either. But I can't imagine them not competing for the next 2-3 seasons before contracts explode.

I'm pro Baker. He was like the pro, non-idiot version of Tommy Football or whoever that was. I saw him get ferocious in a few Browns games, and that was ... exciting. I think it's ok to say, Mayfield is not a pussy and he's not a punk. He's like Kerry Collins. Heart. But not going to last long, and is likely done now. So a Kerry Collins Jr.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
FtpaGpm.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dang high standard for the Titans organization. But I don't totally disagree with the move. Tannehill is the kind of QB that needs as many weapons as he can get and getting rid of a Top 20 WR is a bad move.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There has to be something behind the scene we dont know about yet too. Im sure the owner was in the know about what AJ Brown wanted and said yes or no. Will be interesting to see how this plays out for the rest of the season with how well the Titans are playing.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, there best win this year is likely against the packers? commanders? Against good teams, they just aren't getting it done, at all

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like OBJ playing this year is a long shot but maybe could play by mid january

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Comes back for cowboys, plays against bengals in Super Bowl, catches a TD, blows his knee out. Rides into the sunset.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users