2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You realize Sean McVay was just up 27-3 with 7 mins to go in the 3rd and nearly blew the same lead (Falcons were up 28-3 at halftime). I don't think anyone would question giving McVay another head coaching job somewhere else.

Falcons were up 28-3 with under 3 minutes to go in the 3rd. Rams had 4 fumbles starting with Akers' right at the end of the first half that ended up allowing Tampa to come back. Falcons were pretty much just shit for over a quarter and gave it all away. McVay can't really control his guys fumbling that much randomly when it matters most.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Biggest team besides titans would be the 49ers for brady, plus Jimmy g is a Free agent.

Brady grew up a 49ers fan, was at the clark catch game with his dad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah and then four hundred years ago the Niners snubbed him in the draft.

I wouldn't think it would be that much of a factor considering every team passed on him 5 times including the Patriots. Maybe it's a little worse because the niners drafted a quarterback but it's not like anyone saw what he was going to be or he would have gone in the first round.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So you guys think Tom wants to go to the toughest division in football instead of staying in one of the worst?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The bigger 49er draft snub was Aaron Rodgers. Kid is from Chico, went to Cal, and grew up a huge Niner fan. There was actually some back and forth on whether to take him or Smith.

Brady isn't really a snub because NOBODY had him on their radar as a stud QB.

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Tom Brady isn’t changing teams, anyone that thinks that is retarded. He is either coming back to Tampa or retiring. If he comes back they probably get gronkowski back and maybe get a discount on Chris Godwin as well as still being a hot free agent destination. If he retires gronkowski will too, Godwin won’t take less money just to stay, and a bunch of other people won’t necessarily be as hot for jumping to the Bucs or resigning for potentially less.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't think it would be that much of a factor considering every team passed on him 5 times including the Patriots. Maybe it's a little worse because the niners drafted a quarterback but it's not like anyone saw what he was going to be or he would have gone in the first round.
He can still name all 6 QBs picked ahead of him and iirc his family cancelled their season tickets when the Niners didn't draft him. A Brady knows how to hold a grudge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I’m not sure he would but him and Peyton have rings from 2 teams, so he could want to make it 3 for him and him alone before he finally does retire

Matt Millen and Kenjon Barner both have rings from 3 teams. He's going to have to play a few more years to actually own that record. Then once he gets those 2 for the record, he will be tied with bellicheat for 8 and you know he'll have to keep going. But wait, there's more. Millen technically won one with 4 teams if you count the oakland raiders and LA raiders as different teams. So he needs to make sure he swaps teams one more time to overtake ole matt and be the undisputed king of superbowl rings. Man's still got a long career ahead of him.

And no, I don't know who the fuck kenjon barner is either, but I guess if you follow the bucks you might because his last ring came from them.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The bigger 49er draft snub was Aaron Rodgers. Kid is from Chico, went to Cal, and grew up a huge Niner fan. There was actually some back and forth on whether to take him or Smith.

Brady isn't really a snub because NOBODY had him on their radar as a stud QB.

I've often wondered what would have happened if the 9ers had taken Rodgers. The organization was circling the drain at that point, mostly because of the front office. Would Rodgers have been good enough to cover up the obvious deficiencies of Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan so we would have been stuck with them for 12 years like the Packers were with McCarthy? I always imagine things would have been way different with Rodgers but he could have wound up having a decade of mediocrity for different reasons. I guess that's why you want your coach and GM in place first and then bring in the QB because an elite QB just keeps a shitty coaching staff/front office from getting fired when they should.

• 1Truth!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Would have Rodgers developed the same if he was plugged in immediately and get the crap beat out of him?

I doubt it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Would have Rodgers developed the same if he was plugged in immediately and get the crap beat out of him?

I doubt it.
Smith never really suffered from immense pressure/sacks. You might be able to claim he suffered from bad coaching, but getting destroyed ala David Carr wasn't really the problem for Alex. His offense from 2010 - 2011 is basically identical. The big difference? Coaching changes and big upgrades on defense at CB with Carlos Rodgers and Tarell Brown.

It's hard to say if Rodgers would've developed the same as he did in GB, behind Favre and such, but by all reports Favre is a mega-dickwad and really didn't help Rodgers much at all. I think great players are great regardless, barring situations where the franchise is just a total shitshow like Jacksonville, NY, Texans, etc.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I want the bills to burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on a PUNTER next year.....ya i said it.

This dude is a game changer.

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Smith never really suffered from immense pressure/sacks. You might be able to claim he suffered from bad coaching, but getting destroyed ala David Carr wasn't really the problem for Alex. His offense from 2010 - 2011 is basically identical. The big difference? Coaching changes and big upgrades on defense at CB with Carlos Rodgers and Tarell Brown.

It's hard to say if Rodgers would've developed the same as he did in GB, behind Favre and such, but by all reports Favre is a mega-dickwad and really didn't help Rodgers much at all. I think great players are great regardless, barring situations where the franchise is just a total shitshow like Jacksonville, NY, Texans, etc.

It probably has some effect, but likely only much greater if you're going to a really great or really bad situation. Guys like Tannehill who look really bad in their first stop (Miami at the time) but then much better as soon as they leave (Tannehill in Tennessee, although not his best year this season) exist, though.

I agree in general though that Rodgers still probably turns out a pretty good QB overall if he goes to San Fran v. Green Bay.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If AR had been drafted by the 9ers he would have ended up with a career not much different than Smith's. Nolan would have ruined him and if he was still there when Harbaugh rolled into town, that would have been the end of it. People forget how fucking awful the Nolan team was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If AR had been drafted by the 9ers he would have ended up with a career not much different than Smith's. Nolan would have ruined him and if he was still there when Harbaugh rolled into town, that would have been the end of it. People forget how fucking awful the Nolan team was.
Great players overcome bad coaching though. Like I said, great players are great regardless. Think about a typical employee - how many times in your career have you ever had the thought, "Man! That guy would be a GREAT employee if his boss didn't suck!"? I'd imagine very few. A good employee is a good employee. Are they BETTER with a good boss? Yeah, of course. But they're good even with a "bad" boss.

The 49ers were still a good franchise. Yeah, after we lost Mooch it was a dark, dark period until Harbaugh. However, people forget that even Nolan went 7-9 after they canned Mike McCarthy and hired Norv. It was also Alex's first full season as a starter - I was fuckin' PISSED when I heard the news that Norv was leaving for SD. While that still isn't "good" by any means, parity in the NFL was a LOT lower back then too.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I was pissed when Norv left too. He was a great OC and mediocre at best HC. Sort of felt like him moving made both SF and SD worse. I'm sure it was great for Norv's bank account though.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I want the bills to burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on a PUNTER next year.....ya i said it.

This dude is a game changer.
I want the cowboys to spend a 1st on a coach and a 2nd on a placekicker.

How is your boy at kicking FGs? I saw he did a few long ones in the highlight reel.

• 1Like