2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I respect him for going out before his inevitable health decline and he's become an embarrassment on the field. Like Big Ben.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm not a fan of football (and as of 2020, doubly so with the wokeness that pervades the NFL), but I'm here just to say:

Were there any good memes that resulted with Antonio Brown freaking out and walking off the field? If there were, I never saw them but then again, I don't read sports threads.

Toss up some if you guys have them, thanks :)

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I respect him for going out before his inevitable health decline and he's become an embarrassment on the field. Like Big Ben.

He always said he planned to retire when he felt like he sucked. While he was still better than most QB in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at his current performance, his injuries, and the sloppy end of the season in Tampa Bay and decided to call it quits. I won't be surprised if Gronk bows out also at this point.

• 1Truth!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
sloppy end of the season

I hope that didn't play into it. Brady has always been vulnerable when the defense could get good pressure. Fuck, the texans either beat him or almost beat him at NE just because of JJ.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He always said he planned to retire when he felt like he sucked. While he was still better than most QB in the league, I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at his current performance, his injuries, and the sloppy end of the season in Tampa Bay and decided to call it quits. I won't be surprised if Gronk bows out also at this point.

They tried to bring the band back for one more run, but injuries at the wrong time really helped derail it (sorta like the Chiefs and their O line woes last year for them). Tampa's O line was really banged up, Godwin being out for the year (and a FA likely to get paid next season). He might have picked the right time.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Would be hysterical if brady said he was coming back for one more year after the post season wraps up

• 1Worf

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Screenshot_20220129-164334_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And of course Arians won't bother to stick around either, cause God forbid he have to work through any sort of rebuild.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would he retire after a legit MVP caliber season? People keep talking about Rodgers but Brady definitely had better stats than him this year, as well as better stats than Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert. He may be past his prime but he's nowhere near a Rapistburger decline yet despite being 5 years older than him.

Why the hell shouldn't he gun for being the new George Blanda? Stamp his name on every fucking record he possibly can.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
And of course Arians won't bother to stick around either, cause God forbid he have to work through any sort of rebuild.

I mean it’s not like Arians took the job with the intent of being a longterm figurehead for the franchise. Dude is 70 years old and doesn’t appear to be the peak of physical fitness plus his other health issues. *If* Brady retires they will lose a lot of key pieces and if I was Arians I’d be riding off into the sunset as well. They’d be going out more or less on top.

Why would he retire after a legit MVP caliber season? People keep talking about Rodgers but Brady definitely had better stats than him this year, as well as better stats than Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert. He may be past his prime but he's nowhere near a Rapistburger decline yet despite being 5 years older than him.

Why the hell shouldn't he gun for being the new George Blanda? Stamp his name on every fucking record he possibly can.

If he decides to call it quits it’s surely more to do with him being done with football than football being done with him.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He needs 2 more years to be the oldest QB in NFL history, maybe only 1. (Apparently Blanda didn't play QB for his last five years)

but maybe going out on an MVP-quality season feels better than just setting a record for being old.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
He needs 2 more years to be the oldest QB in NFL history, maybe only 1. (Apparently Blanda didn't play QB for his last five years)

but maybe going out on an MVP-quality season feels better than just setting a record for being old.
If I were him I'd show up to the retirement parties and then keep playing anyways. "I never announced anything"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users