2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
A lot of moves this off-season, can't even count. Eric B from the Chiefs is probably going somewhere. A lot of coaching changes. Can't wait to see what the QB situation looks like once organizations get settled. Wilson, Rodgers, wonder where they're going. Those would create some balance of power shifts.

Would be insane if Harbaugh really did come back to the NFL lol.

2022 might be a really exciting season, especially with the gay COVID bullshit going to the wayside and Tom Brady possibly departing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I get that it is a QB starved league, but I honestly will be shocked if they even get a 3rd.
I think they get at least a 3rd, possibly a second, and most likely something like a 3rd and 5th with how the season ended. If the 49ers lose to the Lambs in week 18, I think Jimmy's trade value is fairly low. But 3 points from 2 Super Bowls in 3 years? His trade value definitely went up with how much they over-achieved this season, especially down the stretch. People forget that from weeks like 10-17, Jimmy was the best QB in the NFL.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone who thinks the Niners won't get good trade value out of Jimmy G is batshit crazy.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A 3rd and a 5th sounds about right, he still gets something like 25million for this coming year I think?

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
A 3rd and a 5th sounds about right, he still gets something like 25million for this coming year I think?

Jimmy is slated to be $27 against the cap next year, the Niners would only be on the hook for like $1.4 if they cut or trade him.

When he signed the contract in 2017 it was record setting (though I think only for a few days or weeks) and that $27 million looked like a massive number. I thought he was almost un-tradeable because of it until I looked it up and saw that it’s almost middle of the road now and apparently 10 QBs have higher payouts next year 2 of which are Tannehill and Goff.

I also assume that part of the trade would include Jimmy and the team working out a contract extension before it is made official.

Teams that think they’re a QB short are going to make pushes for Rodgers and Wilson and I suppose maybe Watson if that situation works out in some way (unlikely). Any team that fails to nab one of those 2 or 3 I have to imagine Garoppolo is next on the list.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I'd take Watson on the Bucs even if it's probably temporary due to the legal issues, but you never know it could end up with nothing happening

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'd take Watson on the Bucs even if it's probably temporary due to the legal issues, but you never know it could end up with nothing happening
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

• 2Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Kirun Kirun Ameraves Ameraves Jozu Jozu Well I gave it my best to will our team to another championship season, but it was not meant to be this year.

The off season is looking great. I will be chomping at the bit waiting for our beloved team to continue their dominance in the NFC West.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They were the 3rd place team in the NFC West.
That's what happens when you play in the toughest division in football for the past decade. You don't get a free pass to the playoffs every season like the NFC North, NFC East, NFC/AFC South, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's what happens when you play in the toughest division in football for the past decade. You don't get a free pass to the playoffs every season like the NFC North, NFC East, NFC/AFC South, etc.

The NFC East has more Super Bowl wins in the last decade than the NFC West.

In fact, they're the Super Bowl winningest division in the entire NFC

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The NFC East has more Super Bowl wins in the last decade than the NFC West.

In fact, they're the Super Bowl winningest division in the entire NFC
And yet the NFC West has been in the Superbowl 6 of the past 10 years. You've got 2 wins with one being a miracle Giants team that was 9-7 that year and thats 2012 so we're pretty close to that just being 1.

I mean grats on winning 2 with none being your team. If the Seachickens and Niners weren't idiots we'd have more wins too hah.

Absolutely delusional to think the NFC Least is a tougher division as a whole due to 2 Superbowl wins.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And yet the NFC West has been in the Superbowl 6 of the past 10 years. You've got 2 wins with one being a miracle Giants team that was 9-7 that year and thats 2012 so we're pretty close to that just being 1.

I mean grats on winning 2 with none being your team. If the Seachickens and Niners weren't idiots we'd have more wins too hah.

Absolutely delusional to think the NFC Least is a tougher division as a whole due to 2 Superbowl wins.

Whoa, calm down bro.

Nobody's doubting that the NFC West are the undisputed kings of losing Super Bowls

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users