2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Trey is likely one more injury away from 9'ers never getting anything of value from him. Do they really want him taking the field if Purdy isn't fully ready? Seems getting what you can now isn't all that bad of an option.(it will never be a 1st) He doesn't exactly cost peanuts right now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trey is likely one more injury away from 9'ers never getting anything of value from him. Do they really want him taking the field if Purdy isn't fully ready? Seems getting what you can now isn't all that bad of an option.(it will never be a 1st) He doesn't exactly cost peanuts right now

Question is what he costs. If it's just a 4th or something, are you really losing out on much not taking it versus risking he can show something once healthy and getting just 1 GM to think he's worth more?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Question is what he costs. If it's just a 4th or something, are you really losing out on much not taking it versus risking he can show something once healthy and getting just 1 GM to think he's worth more?
So this is where I am at with it as well. Has he fallen so far out of favor that they really think bailing on his $8-9M is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick? I just have a hard time believing it, especially with all the QB injuries they have had. I would really think they would prefer to let him play early and see what he's got. Then again, maybe they are afraid to let him play because he is so bad that it tanks any sort of value he has. Personally I am over all the 49ers QB drama. It's been non stop essentially since Shanahan got there.

Separate note.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this is where I am at with it as well. Has he fallen so far out of favor that they really think bailing on his $8-9M is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick? I just have a hard time believing it, especially with all the QB injuries they have had. I would really think they would prefer to let him play early and see what he's got. Then again, maybe they are afraid to let him play because he is so bad that it tanks any sort of value he has. Personally I am over all the 49ers QB drama. It's been non stop essentially since Shanahan got there.

Separate note.
"I always dreamed of playing as long as I could to where my son knew exactly what he was watching, that he's watching his dad. It's my health, it's my body, and I feel like this is what's best for me and my family."

Bet his son will be in for a shocker in five years when his thirty year old father can't consistently remember who he is anymore.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
strangely, the eagles posted it then deleted it on there website

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Bet his son will be in for a shocker in five years when his thirty year old father can't consistently remember who he is anymore.

He can just claim he has black heritage like Kaepernick and he’d be just like the other 75%. “Son!? She never got my DNA!”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Separate note.

I want to see him get one more chance personally. Let him start the first 3 or 4 games and see how he does. If he stinks it up, the team is good enough to stay in games anyway and Purdy can come in and he can go be a backup somewhere. If he's good, let him roll. I don't think he has that much value to lose. Sure some teams might trade a mid-round pick for him but losing that will hardly make or break you. If you trade him for a 4th round pick and 2 years later he's lighting it up someplace and it turns out Purdy isn't the same after his Cinderella season that's going to be a hard pill to swallow.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The bottom line is Trey never got a real chance. They just flat out sat him his rookie year and then ran him an NFL history high of 17 carries per game when they did finally play him the following year.

Is it his own fault because he hasnt developed as a passer? Who knows, but the problem is, we dont know. I dont see why they wouldnt want to let him go play if Purdy cant go on day 1.

I bet there are plenty of GMs around the league that would love to take a flyer on Lance. The Niners would be retarded to dump him for a fucking 4th round pick or whatever.

Edit: its insane when a franchise is mulling moving off a player who they are essentially still "paying" for, as they dont have their 1st round pick this year. What if the Purdy thing never happened? Would they feel any different about him? They shouldnt.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah sure Shannahan has had Lance in house for 2 years and I'm sure he has no idea what he has in him.

I wish the Niners would let their retarded fans make personnel decisions.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is all just bored sportswriters waiting for the draft. Been seeing Aaron Rodgers to SF rumors again too.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there is no doubt someone in the 49ers gave this information to the press to start the conversations.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also Rodgers in SF makes a shit ton of sense and I absolutely hope it doesn't happen.

Hopefully the Packers won't trade him in conference.

• 2Like

Jozu

It doesnt matter what the fuck Shanahan thinks he has. How do you explain Brock Purdy?

Retarded take.

You know what you have once a guy gets maybe 10 - 20 starts, and even then sometimes thats not enough (Josh Allen).

The only saving grace for the 49ers here is the high level of success they have had after the trade. 2 NFC Championship appearences means the 2 first round picks they gave up for Lance ended up basically being 2 2nd round picks, as both picks were pick 29. The difference in value between a 4th overall and the 16th overall is massive, nevermind 29.

So they gave up the 12th pick and 2 future 29th overall picks to move up to 3 to get him in 2021. When you look at it like that, and factor in Purdy, it isnt anywhere near the worse draft trade ever.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Your take is what about Purdy? A guy they drafted that fucking year as the last pick in the draft and wasn't getting starter reps ever because he started out a 3rd string rookie?

The guy they already seem to know what they have outside the serious injury he had in the playoff game?

You should be fucking thrilled your staff is smart enough to know when to move on from mistakes.

• 1Like

Animosity

lol Lions just whiffing hard on Williams. Dude better come back from suspension and rip it up. Otherwise what a waste.

• 2Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
NFL getting in bed with online gambling and shocked when their dipshit players take part.

• 4Like
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have to wonder if this time some of them won't ever get to come back, particularly after Ridley just got reinstated after his year ban