2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Happy he gets to cash in for a year. Sounds like the Seahawks can get out after 2. Which I figured was what they were gonna sign him to. Gives them time to draft someone to sit and learn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Totally reasonable given the market, his age, and last season's performance. Maybe Daniel Jones will wake up after seeing that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

They wrote him back.

Would be hilarious if he went back to being the old Geno Smith after cashing out.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weren't the Saints already a fair bit over the cap? I get the Saints pushing while the division is wide open, but will Carr just be a massive cap hit in year 3/4?
They were always like that with Brees, Loomis just always restructured at the end so they cap hit kept getting pushed back. Now they just need to paint Carr black so MT will go catch balls for him.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They were always like that with Brees, Loomis just always restructured at the end so they cap hit kept getting pushed back. Now they just need to paint Carr black so MT will go catch balls for him.
He already has his black eyeliner!

• 1Worf

Animosity

The contract details came out this morning. Its a pretty easy one to get out of after 1-2 years. So the Seahawks could take a QB at #5 and let him sit for a season.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Assuming the Bears trade out of the 1 spot to someone who wants a QB, and the Texans and Colts take QB's with their picks, that's 3 off the board before we even get to the 5 spot. I mean, yeah there are some really good QB projects out there after Young, Stroud and Levis, but I don't think you take them at 5.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Assuming the Bears trade out of the 1 spot to someone who wants a QB, and the Texans and Colts take QB's with their picks, that's 3 off the board before we even get to the 5 spot. I mean, yeah there are some really good QB projects out there after Young, Stroud and Levis, but I don't think you take them at 5.
Pete probably wouldn't draft a qb that high anyways.

They'll get to select one of the best defenders because of all the qbs taken before that spot and draft a qb in round 2 or 3.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't rule out the Colts being the team to trade into the #1 spot, so still possible it's just 2 off the board.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ballsy, but potentially smart move by the Ravens.

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ballsy, but potentially smart move by the Ravens.
Ravens are banking on the idea that all 31 teams are still pissed as hell at the Browns for giving Watson a 100% guaranteed contract and no body will offer that to Lamar. Which means the Ravens will have highest salary / bonus combo with enough guaranteed to make him come back.

• 1Like