2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hes supposedly wanting the Watson deal. $250 mil fully guaranteed.

Ugg. That's a tough one for someone with his style of play and injury history. BUT when he's on he's on. I would much rather Watson 100% guaranteed over Jackson 100% guaranteed.

I probably wouldn't sign him for Watson money at the end of the day.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ugg. That's a tough one for someone with his style of play and injury history. BUT when he's on he's on. I would much rather Watson 100% guaranteed over Jackson 100% guaranteed.

I probably wouldn't sign him for Watson money at the end of the day.
Yes. It's the fully guaranteed that the Ravens are nixxing. Not the full amount of the contract.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
For reference...

HTF is PM the scrubbiest of those contracts!

1679937060442.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yes. It's the fully guaranteed that the Ravens are nixxing. Not the full amount of the contract.

And they are smart to do exactly that. He's worth the yearly cost, but you need a way out for who he is.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The whole not paying an agent some money(like 3% max) and listening to the NFLPA whisper BS into his ear this whole time is gonna wreck his career permanently if he doesn't turn that ship around quick like.

• 2Like

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
At this point I hope Lamarr ends up in the XFL.
He'll have the exact same chance of winning a Lombardi trophy there as he does in the NFL.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Feels very Le’Veon Bell-ish. Dude’s inner circle must be fucking retards.

He should take whatever money he can get before his body breaks down, which is now - soonish.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
At this point I hope Lamarr ends up in the XFL.
He'll have the exact same chance of winning a Lombardi trophy there as he does in the NFL.

He's just not that good. He's not worth anywhere near that kind of money and neither was Murray. At some point, I was hoping Moon, Williams, etc would try to promote real black QBs but I guess they can't. You have one of the most talented QBs today in Mahomes and you just can't promote winning formulas. You have to promote the NARRATIVE no matter what. Running QBs Guud! Hehe!

All because of that racist Kaepernick. Tiresome bullshit but I was hoping the Jets would bite.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He won a mvp so saying he’s not good when he’s one of the biggest threats when healthy is dumb.

The problem is no player is worth a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns ownership fucked the league with that awful Watson contract.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
He wants a long term contract guaranteed because he knows he’s going to be washed up/old(for a running QB who can’t throw)/injured in 2 years tops. The best thing he can do is sign that franchise tag and refuse to take any risk. Slide immediately, fight for no yards, run out of bounds, guy unguarded coming right for you, fall to the ground. They say anything or the media says anything tell ‘em like Deion did, business decision.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He won a mvp so saying he’s not good when he’s one of the biggest threats when healthy is dumb.

The problem is no player is worth a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns ownership fucked the league with that awful Watson contract.

Cam Newton and Matt Ryan won it too. He had one good year. Dude has never passed for 3200 yards in a passing league. He hasn't played more than 12 games the past two years and is only 26. Guy won't last to 32 so why would anyone pay that exorbitant sum for his next contract?

Biggest threats to what? Win a Superbowl? Are you sure or just being dumb? Anyone who watched the Dolphins completely dominate the Ravens with Flores knows he will never win a SB as the starter.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cam Newton and Matt Ryan won it too. He had one good year. Dude has never passed for 3200 yards in a passing league. He hasn't played more than 12 games the past two years and is only 26. Guy won't last to 32 so why would anyone pay that exorbitant sum for his next contract?

Biggest threats to what? Win a Superbowl? Are you sure or just being dumb? Anyone who watched the Dolphins completely dominate the Ravens with Flores knows he will never win a SB as the starter.
And both of those guys were elite QBs at one point in their career and went to a Super Bowl. You can absolutely make a Super Bowl with Lamar. The Ravens aren’t built to be a passing team. Look at the dumpster fire receivers they have rolled out the last few seasons. You probably also thought Russell Wilson wasn’t worth shit when he was Lamar’s age. Even though he put up a HoF career. Like I said, no one is worth a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns fucked up the QB market for everyone.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And both of those guys were elite QBs at one point in their career and went to a Super Bowl. You can absolutely make a Super Bowl with Lamar. The Ravens aren’t built to be a passing team. Look at the dumpster fire receivers they have rolled out the last few seasons. You probably also thought Russell Wilson wasn’t worth shit when he was Lamar’s age. Even though he put up a HoF career. Like I said, no one is worth a fully guaranteed contract. The Browns fucked up the QB market for everyone.

We just have different opinions about QBs. An average QB can have an elite year just like Mark Rypien, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, and yes, Lamar Jackson. They rarely have that again because teams learn to counteract them. Just like teams learned about the Dolphins Wildcat O, and will hinder Fields this year. I think Hurts is what Lamar thinks he is. An elite QB just getting started who is a real double threat because he can pass too. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just another Cam or Lamar. We'll just have to see. Maybe it was playing bad teams like the Cowboys that made Hurts look so damn good.

While you're exactly right about guaranteed contracts, we'll just have to disagree about Lamar.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Thing is his play has dropped off a little since the MVP year. His TD% was obviously unsustainable from that season, predictably dropped off. Could they go on a run and make a Super Bowl? Sure, in theory. I wouldn't want to bet on anyone in the AFC, though. Just so stacked.

Difference with Wilson is he developed into a very good passer for at least a number of seasons. Lamar hasn't progressed as a passer that much, if at all.

But agree completely Watson's deal is fucking the market for QB's. That said, watching the failure of Murray, Watson (to a degree, he still gets a pass on the football side of it missing as much time as he has), and Wilson this past year kind of screwed the market back the other way for anyone wanting a true mega deal.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Will be interesting to see how Burrow, Hurts and Herbert do this off season with the new contracts they will be getting and what they are thinking is fair for them.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The idea that Lamar is worth any kind of money is laughable. Quarterblacks have a limited window of NFL viability before their body breaks down and Lamar couldn't even make it through his rookie contract healthy despite the luxury of having the Ravens custom building their offense around him. And who gives a fuck about winning MVP when your playoff record is 1-3?

Also if you want to get technical the dude has had 3 seasons in a row ended by injury, not 2. In the divisional round against the Bills in 2020 he left the game with a concussion (but not before helping out his team with a red zone pick 6).

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

6 to 8 is a pretty big gap, certainly sounds like a long shot he would be able to start the season

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I fully expect Lance to be the starter to begin the season. If the 49ers were smart (and based on their injury history, they aren't), they will let Purdy come back slowly, and give Lance all the 1st team reps to start camp. Then let him start a few games and see if he has grown at all.