2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if he told the Raiders. The 49ers seemed pretty surprised when he had shoulder surgery last off season.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Or just the king's ransom he would get them but they could very well be pretty sour on Murray as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Makes sense if he is gonna prioritize getting a ring over a bigger contract somewhere else

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hope the Bills snag him but he could go to any of those teams if he wanted. Huge signing bonus + small salary means a really low cap hit.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Makes sense if he is gonna prioritize getting a ring over a bigger contract somewhere else
If he goes to the Chiefs I'll just throw my hands up and laugh because there's not really anything left to be said at that point.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

As for where this goes next, I'd say the price will dictate that. Under current circumstances, unlikely KC or Buffalo go get him. If his price drops (both teams offered incentive-heavy deals), then ... maybe. (Both KC and Buffalo talked directly to Hopkins, and liked him.)

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Hopkins just sets off all the alarm bells to me.

1) The dead money hit was $22Mil - that's removed from the team salary cap whether he stays or goes. Therefore Arizona didn't think he was worth paying $8 Million to play for them this year.

2) More to the point, Arizona could have structured a trade where they paid much (if not all) of his salary this year. So _no one else_ was willing to give at least $8 Million worth of value (whether in his salary or in trade) for him, such that releasing him was the better offer.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm glad my lessons about dead money and trades have finally paid off.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hopkins to the Ravens would be an absolute dream. I would love to see all the mental gymnastics Ravens fans go through to make excuses for Lamar still being a mediocre passer with those two as part of his receiving corps. Bonus points for another first round playoff exit. Ultra bonus points if Lamar gets injured for the fourth season in a row and the team actually does better with Huntley/Bridgewater under center.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hopkins to the Ravens would be an absolute dream. I would love to see all the mental gymnastics Ravens fans go through to make excuses for Lamar still being a mediocre passer with those two as part of his receiving corps. Bonus points for another first round playoff exit. Ultra bonus points if Lamar gets injured for the fourth season in a row and the team actually does better with Huntley/Bridgewater under center.
You are a evil man.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
If that's the entirety of the rule, I'm doing an onside kick in the air every kickoff. Fair catch, most likely it's the same as getting booted out of the end zone. Upside though, the fair catch is dropped (higher percentage because it's not someone getting a ton of reps) or the player forgets to call fair catch and gets bowled over and a good chance at a recovery. Worst case it's around midfield.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like