Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
prime minister is the big bad, IMO.

-edit
lol holy shit awesome, drone chase just made this season totally worth it

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes,

The show went all Michael Bay for a brief moment. It was glorious. I actually enjoyed this episode as the story is moving right along. The only thing that kind of surprised me was the tech guy living. For a person not being a field agent, he sure did a great job of taking a bullet and maintaining the needed composure to swim away with no trace.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched the last episode. Next episode should be real interesting. I figure that indeed he was killed. The son will take over now because he does not want to throw away the drones.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just watched the last episode. Next episode should be real interesting. I figure that indeed he was killed. The son will take over now because he does not want to throw away the drones.
yeah, the son is my bet too. and i would say absolutely heller is dead, but that dude is almost as immortal as jack bauer, i still dont know how the fuck he survived that plane crash or whatever it was several seasons ago. pretrty good episode. dunno why they are saying this show takes place over 24 hours. there is no time skip afaik.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
there is no time skip afaik.
I'm going to assume we lose 12 hours (based on comment earlier in thread) as they get the VP over to London and bring him up to speed fully....though I guess it might be kind of stupid to take him to where the drones are attacking, hell I'd assume irl the moment they lost the drones the US SS would have had Heller on AF1 and out of there asap

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm going to assume we lose 12 hours (based on comment earlier in thread) as they get the VP over to London and bring him up to speed fully....though I guess it might be kind of stupid to take him to where the drones are attacking, hell I'd assume irl the moment they lost the drones the US SS would have had Heller on AF1 and out of there asap
welp, the veep can stay right where he/she is because of course Heller did not die. dude is unkillable pretty much. and the way bauer handled catelyn and discount rob stark was the best thing since the red wedding. fucking jack bauer. i hope they greenlight this show for another season. its really the only thing i watch on Fox anymore.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Yep, I posted before watching the episode and didn't see how they could have gotten away with saving him (did they mention anything about getting in to the drones in the previous ep?) and yeah that bit with Margot was awesome but again got me thinking, has Jack ever intentionally done that to anyone before when there was no need to?

As for more seasons I'd be down for one a year as long as they fucking get away from the constant of everyone doubting what Jack tells them....fucker has pretty much saved the world enough times now that anyone with any brains would be "Oh, you want to go after that person because you say they are the bad guy, fuck it you haven't been wrong yet, go for it". I'm fine with there always being a mole inside whatever branch of the government and law enforcement he's dealing with that day but at least fucking trust him. I mean even this season we had to deal with one episiode where Heller was still doubting him and he's been on the run for 4 years for killing the Russians, if he really killed them then there would be a reason, though I guess the Margot incident could cast some question over that now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yep, I posted before watching the episode and didn't see how they could have gotten away with saving him (did they mention anything about getting in to the drones in the previous ep?) and yeah that bit with Margot was awesome but again got me thinking, has Jack ever intentionally done that to anyone before when there was no need to?

As for more seasons I'd be down for one a year as long as they fucking get away from the constant of everyone doubting what Jack tells them....fucker has pretty much saved the world enough times now that anyone with any brains would be "Oh, you want to go after that person because you say they are the bad guy, fuck it you haven't been wrong yet, go for it". I'm fine with there always being a mole inside whatever branch of the government and law enforcement he's dealing with that day but at least fucking trust him. I mean even this season we had to deal with one episiode where Heller was still doubting him and he's been on the run for 4 years for killing the Russians, if he really killed them then there would be a reason, though I guess the Margot incident could cast some question over that now.
bauer doesnt usually arrest people, even when he was still at CTU he was more likely to straight up kill you in the fucking face or leave you on the ground bleeding than actually haul you in for booking. and he isnt above executing unarmed people. i dont remember exactly anymore, but i think he shot his fiancee in the head when he found out she was a mole. moral of the story, dont make jack bauer mad at you.oh and yes chloe found "something" in the disks right before heller ran in there, but she told jack initially she wasnt sure what it was. it likely was the drone camera feed script and at the last second they pulled a Speed on margot

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damnit the president lived. I was shocked when they showed him die but also enjoyed the fact that they went there. Hell with his condition it was a perfect time to honor him with that sacrafice. That was weak.

Jack choosing to just push the bitch out the window, helped to make up for it though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess nobody is still watching this, but a shitload of stuff happened in this week's episode. this condensed season is actually a lot more action packed than when they have 24 episodes to work with.

spronk

FPS noob
lotta good action but the bad guys have been shitty and the plot devices super weak. oh hey jack just warned us that this device can break through all our firewalls (whatever the fuck that means) 30 minutes ago, i guess we shouldn't warn all our subs and ships to verify shit before firing GODDAMN MISSILES. i mean seriously, what the fuck is that sub commander thinking "lol i'll be the first american to fire on a chinese ship this makes a lot of sense"

like goddamn, just text back "hey who won todays world cup match" and if the answer is anything other than "FUCK IF I KNOW I'M AMERICAN" don't listen to em. or be super tricky, ask em what a turducken is only real americans would know that shit

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe they are shitty, but there are a holy shit lot of them. we have had a terrorist family, an assange type terrorist, a CIA mole working with him who also has foreign hitmen, russian hitmen and chinese terrorists. thats like 3 seasons worth of baddies in 10 episodes. whats next a threat from space? kaijus?

and yeah that sub commander must not have watched dr strangelove. no confirmation? just get a text and its "okeedokey, lets start ww3!"

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
But the flash message was verified damn'it....and the hitman was still US spec ops, not foreign.

As ridiculous as it is that the sub commander didn't ask for confirmation (and I would expect them to if there hadn't been a previous fleet-wide increase in readiness to make it plausible that an order to fire would come) it at least has upped the ante now by bringing the Chinese in. It's also nice to see them bring back Cheng, and I can't wait to see the chief of staff get totally fucked over by Jack at the end, and interesting to hear Jack pretty much confirm that he did kill the Russians and it was out of vengeance.

The breaking of Navarro was pretty obvious but I expected Jack to go at him in the interrogation room and Morgan to hold the black guy at gunpoint to stop him interfering so I'm not sure if it all played out the way they planned or if they had to improvise due to Jack getting stopped at just breaking the hand.

spronk

FPS noob

only 1 more episode left dayum plz start WW3 jack

RIP Russian Mouthpussy guy

edit: reddit ama with showrunners, no plans for another season at the moment
frown.png

Hey 24 fans we are Evan Katz and Manny Coto, the Executive Producers, Show Runners, and Writers of 24: Live Another Day - Ask Us Anything! : IAmA

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think that means fox hasnt renewed the show for another season yet or at all. this season has been pretty badass, though audrey should have been killed at the end of the episode or rather how the fuck did cheng zi even know about her meeting? dude likes white american girls, he was even too big a pussy to kill chloe when he had more than enough reason to. he killed an entire room full of techies he could have used just because.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I didn't realize the season was about to end. I really like the faster pace that this shortened season has had.

I'd love it if they had the balls to let World War 3 starting be the end of the season/series, but in typical 24 fashion he's going to save the day at the last second. However, I predict Audrey is going to die in the end, OR her husband is going to die saving her.