28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are going to make either Alamo or Bayou, let me know. I have been doing my game one challenges on Friday to avoid jetlag and have more hangover sleep in time.

Most important stat of the weekend: 29 Margaritas consumed.
drunk2.jpg

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah I saw earlier in the thread someone was at Adepticon. I was up there too playing in the Warhammer 30k events. I just signed up for the Texicon event in Arlington, Tx (can't make it to the Alamo event).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate that this game has the bigger following in Cuckeurope. One of the facebook groups the mods actually edited or forced people to change a couple different words in one post and the ensuing comments.

One of the words used was spastic...... and was used saying they thought the writing in one of the books was spastic..... They said it's offensive to people with MS.

They even had someone with MS or similiar say wtf. Seems like maybe it has a bigger connotation or something over there. But it's not the first instance of these fucking 90lb faggots crying about someone triggering someones safe space with a word that an elementary school teacher wouldn't bat an eyelash at.

(Just seems extra odd given the grim violent/graphic content of 40k.)

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
My lady and I just painted our first mini's ever. Not amazing, but came out pretty good I think? We started with skeletons because we thought they would be easy, what with the whole "mostly just bones" thing. Excited to try some more diverse models. We are going to paint a bunch of wolves tonight, try our hand at fur. I'm going to start running a Curse of Strahd game in a couple of weeks, so am painting based on what I think I'll use early on.

Skelis.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Prepping for 8th Edition, wife got this for me for my birthday :)

SVhiuMo.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
94 models in that box to put together and paint. It has taken me over a month so far to put together and paint my Death guard army for 30k of 41 models and I still have about a week left!

This box of Tyranid's look's like Mount Everest sitting on my table, daunting!

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That many 'Nids will take for-fucking-ever. And, it's about half to 1/3rd of what you'll need. They're one of my past 40k armies. I used much too fancy of a paint scheme, ugh.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nids are easy. Prime white. Buy Privateer Press Inks. Apply different color Inks to different areas of the model. Profit.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
They will be Hive Fleet Leviathan painted. Really easy to get table ready and still give room for details

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My lady and I just painted our first mini's ever. Not amazing, but came out pretty good I think? We started with skeletons because we thought they would be easy, what with the whole "mostly just bones" thing. Excited to try some more diverse models. We are going to paint a bunch of wolves tonight, try our hand at fur. I'm going to start running a Curse of Strahd game in a couple of weeks, so am painting based on what I think I'll use early on.

View attachment 137652
I did some Heroscape commissions with those figures! The dude painted them and gave me stats and I mocked up the cards and made tweaks to bring cards in line (some were overcosted, some under, or redundant, outright broken/not working as intended. Sending me notes from phone without spell checking. Laughably bad.)
I enjoyed the challenge, so those figures have surprisingly hit me in the feels.

.. Anyway dude got worse and worse and wanted me to simply print as he sent it. I grabbed cash for a bit, but ultimately lost fun due to creating mediocre product as some dweeb douche barked inhospitality at me.

Btw: Your models look much much better!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like some website work I did for a guy once, people are the worst.

Thanks for the encouragement, we painted a bunch of wolves next and... uhg, lets just say I have no desire to post the results, they did not come out as intended at all. Pretty sure I'm going to do a couple of dozen rats next, then move on to zombies. I'm trying to paint the figures I see myself using soon in that Ravenloft campaign.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like some website work I did for a guy once, people are the worst.

Thanks for the encouragement, we painted a bunch of wolves next and... uhg, lets just say I have no desire to post the results, they did not come out as intended at all. Pretty sure I'm going to do a couple of dozen rats next, then move on to zombies. I'm trying to paint the figures I see myself using soon in that Ravenloft campaign.

I'm not tying to be patronizing, but do you know how to drybrush? Really helps with fur for animal models

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rengak I was about to ask the same thing, Onoes Onoes the easiest way to paint when you start, especially for fur, is basecoat, wash, drybrush.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I watched some youtube video's on it, but have no actual experience. It didn't help that I have 24 wolf models, so I dived them into 4 groups of 6 and decided I would paint one group black, one brown, one grey, and one white. I was planning on differentiating each 6 as well, but groups of 6 similar colors. My SO said she was going to try the grey ones, so I thought I would start easy with White.... Well, turns out its really hard to wash white without it turning whatever color you try to wash it with. Same with drybrushing, I went with an off white and then, the whole thing is off white.

I realized after a couple of frustrating hours that I should have started with the darker colors and worked up to white, the exact opposite of what I did. I started over and did that... but pretty much still just ended up with 6 white wolves. I did a better job on the black ones, highlighting with dark grey, and my lady did decently with the greys, not great, but better than my stuff I think. The should be browns are still just sitting here, primed and waiting.

dogs.jpg