28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
mindhorn_822789_original.jpg

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
New heavy grav tank for marines.... between this and the dread tau ion cannon, I'm detecting dangerous levels of heresy.

18813201_10155100443475865_5053114513429877636_n.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stupid. Exists only to charge people $100 because its OP and you "have" to have one to win.

Sludig

Depending on rules it seems to be just like a bigger more armed razorback. Other than not firing in thematically I'd prefer this over trying to use thunder hawk etc in a table top game.

When valkries Forest came out was bad enough. Too big, unstable, etc prefer flyers only around in an abstract sense than an actual model

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Played 2 games of 40k yesterday and watched 2 games. 8th ed is pretty awesome. Nothing I've run into so far that I havent liked.

Sludig

There are some wierd things like flamers can be used to hit flyers. But yeah just seeing random little snippets from facebook it makes me sad I'm already over leveraged for time/money. (And despite what someone says, no there isnt a place near me to play)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Played 2 games of 40k yesterday and watched 2 games. 8th ed is pretty awesome. Nothing I've run into so far that I havent liked.

GREEEYYYYYY KNIGGHTTTTS SMAAAAASSHHH

Too bad really. I just can't give enough fucks to ever paint or spend that much again. They ruined it for long enough that IDGAF anymore.

I'm sure in 30 years by time I begin my cyborg-retirement-surgery and I can 3D print golden demon quality prefabs from an online store for 27.99 imperial credits each (a bargain at twice the price) I'll probably reconsider. But meh.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So is this new WHFB WH1K narrative campaign thing supposed to be closer to Mordheim or ... shit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Part 7. Feels a bit heroic here and there, but as a small 1 man or small group indie operation, the like crowd of people voice acting falls a little flat.

PS: Where's all the 40k'rs with comments on the 8th edition stuff? Some of the newest marine stuff is crazy good, then some of it seems crazy retarded. (The starcraft 2 marauder/firebat copies, the dumbo dumb jet packers with little feet shocks and pistol gun shields.)

Some pro painted type stuff on facebook of the marine squads looks amazing, especially some semi metalics

These new dreads are much bigger than they look. Kinda between a dread and a knight.
18738785_474358472910974_2204113044582347407_o.jpg

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Really like the new Primaris models. They look awesome. I am still iffy on the fluff though, I don't like how they are generically "faster, stronger, better" than tac marines.

I think im one of the few who really like the new dreads, they look super powerful. I like their scale.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GW basically saw how much money the forge world 30k shit was making, saw how many marine armies are being passed around on Ebay like the local slut, and decided to make "more mariney marines!!!" to try to get in on that action.

New 40k is not as bad as AoS and certainly not as bad as 7th, but it shares many of the same issues. Forget about balance, they are still plugging basic holes in the rules like "Oh shit, you mean someone is enough of an asshole to put 100 Razorflocks on the table to win?" and "Made up key works only matter when we say which you should be able to read our minds and figure out." Balance was once again marine centric and they also are getting the first book. When they get around to releasing Nids right before the next edition (again), I might dust off my Tyranid Warrior army and play a game of "Alphastrike: The Grimdark Version", but for now I am sticking with Kings to get my mini painting on.

WIP new giant (being used as a mascot model for BB, before water effects are added, and my recent placo horde:
giant2WIP.jpg
Giant2RearWIP.jpg
placos.jpg

PS- Amazing fucking water work, there Sludig. I am seriously jealous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user