Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
Got my Prusa in yesterday. Stoked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got my Prusa in yesterday. Stoked.
Jealous! I'm going to get an XL once they are regularly in stock.

Front plate is finished, however, the power switch dimensions provided by the manufacturer are apparently wrong. Not a big deal, I can make an adapter to fix it. Two small lines on the front, but still working on proof of concept so not too worried about it.

This piece was hard as fuck to get off the plate, I think I used too much hairspray. I've Got to get better at that, I fucked up some edges. Just need to print the feet and backplate with the modifications and I can transfer stuff over. Possibly next week depending on work.

vivaldi_587Htwu0TS.jpg

vivaldi_FuBhQYYz4C.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Jealous! I'm going to get an XL once they are regularly in stock.

Front plate is finished, however, the power switch dimensions provided by the manufacturer are apparently wrong. Not a big deal, I can make an adapter to fix it. Two small lines on the front, but still working on proof of concept so not too worried about it.

This piece was hard as fuck to get off the plate, I think I used too much hairspray. I've Got to get better at that, I fucked up some edges. Just need to print the feet and backplate with the modifications and I can transfer stuff over. Possibly next week depending on work.

View attachment 393689
View attachment 393690
Wanted an xl but couldn’t wait.. will post more this weekend

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Less than 5 min out of the box and I’m printing. Will post pics when it’s done. Running a test print of Prusa logo

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Test print went ace. Wtf you guys do about fumes tho? I happened to have my fume sucker I use for soldering right next to it so I turned it on and put it right over it

E28F5AB8-FDCD-4699-9D19-4DF229993458.jpeg
E710CBD5-1A9B-4C32-9E84-2EDFCCD8B3F2.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Well ventilated space. Fumes are really only an issue with ABS and engineering materials like PEEK. Those can be kinda toxic. Then you're best bet is to print inside an enclosure with a carbon filter vent. Biggest issues with a fume extractor or a fan pointed nearby is inconsistent drafts of cold air across your print that can cause layer separation and warping. Really your goal for cooling environment is warm around the print with the printhead doing the immediate cooling of the melted plastic from a liquid state to a semi-elastic state and then the part cools as a whole creating strong bonds between layers.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Well ventilated space. Fumes are really only an issue with ABS and engineering materials like PEEK. Those can be kinda toxic. Then you're best bet is to print inside an enclosure with a carbon filter vent. Biggest issues with a fume extractor or a fan pointed nearby is inconsistent drafts of cold air across your print that can cause layer separation and warping. Really your goal for cooling environment is warm around the print with the printhead doing the immediate cooling of the melted plastic from a liquid state to a semi-elastic state and then the part cools as a whole creating strong bonds between layers.
Sigh. I’m running out of room.. not sure I can fit an enclosure. I’ll see what my options are

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sigh. I’m running out of room.. not sure I can fit an enclosure. I’ll see what my options are
Ikea Lack enclosure is frequently brought up and will run roughly $50-70 depending on your local price of chloroplast/acrylic for walls. can then stack your dryer box on top and feed the filament down. I set one of those up awhile back for my monoprice printer and it did the job.

edit: If you're just pushing PLA it's not bad. PLA is basically corn anyway.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Ikea Lack enclosure is frequently brought up and will run roughly $50-70 depending on your local price of chloroplast/acrylic for walls. can then stack your dryer box on top and feed the filament down. I set one of those up awhile back for my monoprice printer and it did the job.

edit: If you're just pushing PLA it's not bad. PLA is basically corn anyway.
Been emailing back and forth with the owner and head designer of clear view.

im thinking of grabbing their enclosure and stacking my printdry pro on top. Gotta reply to owner to get some more specs but seems pretty solid. Love anti vibration feet as that was another complaint of mine since my printer sits on my primary computer desk.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Have a few pis sitting around. Think I’m gonna set one up today to print wirelessly to this bad boy.

Pretty stoked about this. My primary use for this will be robotics prototyping. Gonna print myself a little nanosaur. If any of you are interested in robotics check it out.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Been emailing back and forth with the owner and head designer of clear view.

im thinking of grabbing their enclosure and stacking my printdry pro on top. Gotta reply to owner to get some more specs but seems pretty solid. Love anti vibration feet as that was another complaint of mine since my printer sits on my primary computer desk.

This is sick! smart idea as well from this guy.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
This is sick! smart idea as well from this guy.
Yeah it is. Just placed my order for one. Only thing that’s kind of annoying is I’ll have to design my own grommet for their top piece to do reverse Bowden. Not the end of the world. Shipping economy from Cali so 5-8 days. Will post pics once I get it here and set up.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's pretty impressive until you give it to your 4 year old and he's like "That's cool dad but the one for $7 at walmart has moving arms and legs".

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got Mars 3 in a few days ago and test prints have come off great - went to print first mini and noticed at 57% done the thing has a break in it - any ideas? I did make it 25% larger than the file intended, and it came from a "support free" shop but curious how this happened - my print settings are stock and just using a basic plant based resin. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 19

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got Mars 3 in a few days ago and test prints have come off great - went to print first mini and noticed at 57% done the thing has a break in it - any ideas? I did make it 25% larger than the file intended, and it came from a "support free" shop but curious how this happened - my print settings are stock and just using a basic plant based resin. Thanks!
Unfortunately I don't have any Resin based experience, but I'm sure google can give you some direction. The hardest part is finding the correct nomenclature for the issue you are facing, once you figure that out it's usually easy to find what the root causes are.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Might need to add supportsunder the stomach so it does not "tear" when printing it. I suck at supports so I'm not the best to ask about that. I print mostly presupported stuff or use Auto Support.

Edit: On another note. I used Phrozen Aqua 4k resin earlier and the dirty Isopropanol seperated from the resin (settled to the bottom) after a day in a window. So I could siphon the clear stuff into another bottle. Now I tried Phrozen Aqua Blue and the whole Isopropanol container turned into white slimy shit.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Might need to add supportsunder the stomach so it does not "tear" when printing it. I suck at supports so I'm not the best to ask about that. I print mostly presupported stuff or use Auto Support.
You use auto support from within chitubox?