3d Printing and the Future of Piracy

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yea. I usally make a "raft" and auto support in Chitubox. That guy you printed have a big base though so could probably skip the raft.
What resin are you running currently out of curiosity? I've run through a plant based, water washable and now waiting on just normal quick cure resin but unsure at this point what would be best.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What resin are you running currently out of curiosity? I've run through a plant based, water washable and now waiting on just normal quick cure resin but unsure at this point what would be best.
Right now Phrozen Aqua Blue, but not a fan of it. Needs longer curing time to not feel sticky to the touch. I really like the first resin I got, Phrozen Aqua Gray 4k. They all need alcohol to clean.

I don't have a huge choice of resins so picked the stuff that got good reviews. I could order from Amazon though to try other brands.

But as of right now I got two litres of Aqua Gray 4k on the way and will probably continue printing with that as long as I can find it in stock.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t done much printing - been teaching myself fusion360 to mock up my own stuff in. Primarily going to use this 3d printer to prototype brackets/enclosures for robotics/electronics. Anyone else using fusion360? Enjoying it thus far.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haven’t done much printing - been teaching myself fusion360 to mock up my own stuff in. Primarily going to use this 3d printer to prototype brackets/enclosures for robotics/electronics. Anyone else using fusion360? Enjoying it thus far.

I use it as well because it's free. I had Solidworks but it was difficult to teach yourself anything due to there being no tutorials online anywhere like 360 has. Once you learn 360 though the transition to Solidworks is easy but I'll just keep using this.

I recommend getting a spacemouse if you can. Makes a huge improvement in navigation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Case has been almost complete for a few days but I got sick as fuck and couldn't function so here are the delayed images. Feet are complete, but I'm not happy with them. I'll end up making a design change so that they match the case but for now they work. Backplate was re-printed with power plug hole and better quality. I can now transfer stuff over this weekend and get it up and running.

iW5G2zqBfH.jpg

TVM6DlWkCr.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Printing some tank tracks out of ninjatek tpu. Wish me luck. 15 min in and I think it’s looking good..

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Finished tank tracks. Used ninjatek tpu black. First print was 240 degrees head and 5 degree bed. Extremely minor stringing.

Second track was 230 degree head and 60 degree bed. More significant stringing but still minor.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Looking at buying the Creality CR-10S Pro V2, nice size for my needs and nice price. Thoughts?
You definitely need all that space? Creality was a contender when I was buying but ended up being voron vs Prusa. Went Prusa and don’t regret it, yet. What’s your max on budget?

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
What’s your max
20220204_170646.jpg

I get good recommendations about creality and I just saw a creality Ender 7 review, looks like my guy. Space is smaller than the 10 but 5 times faster than this one I'm using.

Also at my max budget of 750ish

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 396778
I get good recommendations about creality and I just saw a creality Ender 7 review, looks like my guy. Space is smaller than the 10 but 5 times faster than this one I'm using.

Also at my max budget of 750ish
I mean if that’s your budget and you need that print real estate then I think you answered your own question? I don’t know of any other good options.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
anyone here print TPU? Getting minor stringing and just curious about what others have done regarding tweaking nozzle/bed heat and other things.

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
First prototype shows promise. The baffling for flow directing works extremely well. I was astonished. The air shot out in a beam not quite at 45deg but 40 probably.
Much success.
Have to add chamfuer for the screw heads to fit perfect and figure out acces for screws, maybe a clipping system. I only got 3 screws holding this amd required some access hole drilling
20220205_104107.jpg

• 1Like