91st Academy Awards - Hoping to be the most woke Academy Awards ever!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean Babe Ruth was Jordan and Ali when there was barely a TV presence. Doesn't mean he's actually better than later players. He did have absurd numbers, but a lot of the best players did. Honestly he may not even really been the best Yankee since Gehrig also was a beast.

Sterling

El Presidente
black pitching, you mean Satchel Paige, Satchel was just one man. Ruth struck out quite a few times. if you want to diminish Ruth's greatness you can do better by bringing up the fact he was on an incredible team and he got a lot of atbats.

Ruth's SLG is mindblowing.

career SLG .690
when he hit 60 homers in 151 games it was .772
contrast that with Maris
career SLG .476
when he hit 61 homers in 161 games it was .620
Maris's career stats dont match up to any of Ruth's ranking. Ruth is the greatest.
You can take a lot of his stats and show them with standard deviations from league averages and they actually don't pan out as good as some more modern seasons. I mean the guy obviously was incredible, but 1920s stats don't really hold up. Without him and a handful of other stars in his era the game would have never grown into what it became later on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can take a lot of his stats and show them with standard deviations from league averages and they actually don't pan out as good as some more modern seasons. I mean the guy obviously was incredible, but 1920s stats don't really hold up. Without him and a handful of other stars in his era the game would have never grown into what it became later on.
factor in juicing, many more games, better training and better equpment and i think those later numbers require an asterisk.

IMO the last GREAT players were people like Tom Seaver and Pete Rose who were still doing great things with no juice and more games..

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like how better training should require an asterisk.
you can like it all you want, dudes back then finished a game, went out drinking and whoring all night, then woke up and repeated the process. while today each player has their own personal trainer and they have an assortment of machines to work out with.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
you can like it all you want, dudes back then finished a game, went out drinking and whoring all night, then woke up and repeated the process. while today each player has their own personal trainer and they have an assortment of machines to work out with.

Really, then, the first baseball player to ever play is the best and most pure player. Everyone else has had someone else to learn from. Asterisks all!

Sterling

El Presidente
Pete Rose and Seaver were popping greenies, so they get an asterisk too! And Mantle probably drank more than almost all those dudes in the 20s.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pete Rose and Seaver were popping greenies, so they get an asterisk too! And Mantle probably drank more than almost all those dudes in the 20s.

Pete Rose would deserve an asterisk if the actual GOAT hadn't already passed him up.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Pete Rose is a was a shitty player. Baseball is also a shitty sport.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

To go back to the Academy Awards for 2005, I would say one thing they had going for them is that the best song was "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp"!

Seriously though, the field was not so hot with Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Good Night & Good Luck and Munich (4 solid but not exactly stellar movies) nominated alongside Crash in the Best Picture category (never seen Crash though....).

Other movies eligible that year that were superior in my book: Pride & Prejudice, The Constant Gardner, Match Point, The New World (!!!), Last Days, Kung Fu Hustle (!!!), Serenity or my film of the year, Nobody Knows (or was it 2004 in the US?)... I guess some would say Batman Begins or War of the Words, but I won't!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Vice added to my rankings:

1. Green Book
2. The Favourite
3. Vice
4. Bohemian Rhapsody
5. Black Panther
6. Blackkklansman

It was fine. *shrug*

W. was better

Finished em all and after a bit of thought, here's muh personal rankings:

1. The Favourite
2. Green Book
3. A Star is Born
4. Roma
5. Vice
6. Bohemian Rhapsody
7. Black Panther
8. Blackkklansman

gak

<Gold Donor>
t.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If they need to get the broadcast under 3 hours there are lots easier ways to do it... For fuck's sake it's only 24 awards, you could hand those out in 2 hours easily even being generous to the actual presentation of each award.