91st Academy Awards - Hoping to be the most woke Academy Awards ever!

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
and the nominees for Most Woke are......
billy-porter-oscars.jpg

Billy Porter

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 10 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Movie isn't even good. Or technically proficient or anything.

Think it won for Sound editing and mixing. Also editing in general. Black Panther won for costume design and set design I believe. Mahershala Ali won for Best Supporting Actor again. Into the Spiderverse won best animated film. Not sure about some of the lesser stuff been clicking back to hockey a bit (trade deadline tomorrow so lot of shit going on).

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Mahershala Ali winning for Green Book is fine, but I'm disappointed Spider-Verse beat out Isle of Dogs for best animated.

Merrith

Samuel L telling Spike Lee the Knicks finally won at MSG was amusing (while Spike obviously isn't there)

Merrith

Rami Malek wins Best Actor. I know he was winning at a lot of the other award circuit shows but I thought he might get passed over with some of the other heavy hitters in the category.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This is going to be one of those things that a few years from now people are going to look back and sentiment is going to be very different. It's a lot like Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan or Forrest Gump over Shawshank/Pulp Fiction.

Merrith

This is going to be one of those things that a few years from now people are going to look back and sentiment is going to be very different. It's a lot like Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan or Forrest Gump over Shawshank/Pulp Fiction.

Green Book over what?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The correct intellectual progressive take btw, is greenbook and btw that movie crash that won best oscar years ago are white supremecy fantasies. Roma is the one you promote when you want to fly the top tier prog flag.

Last edited: