91st Academy Awards - Hoping to be the most woke Academy Awards ever!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was nice that Jason Momoa got to present this award. He is big into climbing himself and is friends with all of them so you can see he is legit excitied for them to win. Didnt watch the show but thought this was cool

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
You know, I almost thought "Green Book" wouldn't win because the film serves as a reminder that it used to be REALLY bad for black Americans in the south and that America is far better than it was in the 60's in terms of civil rights.

I think the left tries so hard to maintain that modern America is equivalent to the Jim Crow South of the early 20th century.

But anyways, it's a miracle: a film I saw before the awards and thought deserved to win best picture, won best picture.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

One of the comments:

D0OdLz3UYAUBpFi.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
thats awesome free solo won and aquaman presented, that was a pretty rad movie to see in IMAX and i am not into sports at all. also cool spider-verse won, that definitely deserved it, it probably would have blown my mind if i saw that as a kid. 20 years from now the only movies on the lists this year that people will still be talking about are spiderverse and maybe roma

haha fuck spike lee for losing, that is legit the best 2019 movie moment. fuck that pretentious douchebag right in his stuck up no-oscars ass

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rami Malek wins Best Actor. I know he was winning at a lot of the other award circuit shows but I thought he might get passed over with some of the other heavy hitters in the category.

Just further proof the Oscars are complete shit. Rami Malek was fucking horrible in BR. Best movie = about black people, every winner was a minority except for Olivia whatever her name is.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just further proof the Oscars are complete shit. Rami Malek was fucking horrible in BR. Best movie = about black people, every winner was a minority except for Olivia whatever her name is.

The oscars have been a complete joke for a long, long time.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I can remember, probably by my mid to late teens, when I was able to stay up late and watch the Oscars . . . it was such a big event and evening to look forwards to.

Now I barely give a shit, sure I heard the results on the evening news and took note of what won what, did a look in here to see what the opinions are . . . but only a low to mild interest. meh.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can remember, probably by my mid to late teens, when I was able to stay up late and watch the Oscars . . . it was such a big event and evening to look forwards to.

Now I barely give a shit, sure I heard the results on the evening news and took note of what won what, did a look in here to see what the opinions are . . . but only a low to mild interest. meh.
you still have to "keep up" w/ the winners, when the common folk like to bring it up the next day(today)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
One thing that stood out to me was they were talking about the Vanity Fair after party. If you're not directly connected to the magazine, a guest or an actual Oscar winner - you can still get in to the party, you can buy a ticket $25,000!

That in truth concerns me, I'd hate to be a movie person and at the party, meet some person who had a strong enough reason to get in that they'd pay $25,000

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One thing that stood out to me was they were talking about the Vanity Fair after party. If you're not directly connected to the magazine, a guest or an actual Oscar winner - you can still get in to the party, you can buy a ticket $25,000!

That in truth concerns me, I'd hate to be a movie person and at the party, meet some person who had a strong enough reason to get in that they'd pay $25,000
basically 25k to flood your instagram w/ movie star selfies, no joke that is worth it's weight in klout

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Was nice that Jason Momoa got to present this award. He is big into climbing himself and is friends with all of them so you can see he is legit excitied for them to win. Didnt watch the show but thought this was cool

That climb was a bigger achievement than anything these other retards have done. Cool he got an award for it, hopefully he can continue to not live in a van haha.

Saw Free Solo in imax and it was pretty fucking intense, even when you obviously know the outcome.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I'm not going to lie, that's tempting.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers went up from people tuning it to see what kind of no-host shitshow they put together.

Love how they were rightfully shamed into putting editing and cinematography back in.