Abortion

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Life begins at conception for me. I'm fine with life of the mother, incest or rape. Those are pretty easy.

Otherwise both sides blow my mind. One not wanting to push prevention to the max by pushing birth control. Straight up stupid.

People sucking their kids out as a form of birth control because they didn't use protection. Sad, stupid and indicative of our me me me society. Birth control is cheap and plentiful no reason abortions should be as common as they are. Sad thing is many that go in for one go in for more.

I also find it odd people would fight to save a murderer from capital punishment (I'm against this in its current form) yet throw away a child's life. The economically beneficial arguments don't hold water with me at all as that argument could be made for tons of heinous acts. I doubt anyone knows what the extermination of tens of millions of people has done over the long run or if the one Martin Luther or Einstein we lost as a result wouldn't have been worth the rest living. Always fight for life IMO.

Life begins at conception for me. I'm fine with life of the mother, incest or rape. Those are pretty easy.

Otherwise both sides blow my mind.One not wanting to push prevention to the max by pushing birth control. Straight up stupid.

People sucking their kids out as a form of birth control because they didn't use protection. Sad, stupid and indicative of our me me me society. Birth control is cheap and plentiful no reason abortions should be as common as they are. Sad thing is many that go in for one go in for more.

I also find it odd people would fight to save a murderer from capital punishment (I'm against this in its current form) yet throw away a child's life. The economically beneficial arguments don't hold water with me at all as that argument could be made for tons of heinous acts. I doubt anyone knows what the extermination of tens of millions of people has done over the long run or if the one Martin Luther or Einstein we lost as a result wouldn't have been worth the rest living. Always fight for life IMO.
Yeah this too. Abortion is bad, welfare is bad, birth control is bad, sex outside of procreative purposes bad.....sex for procreative purposes only - THUMBS HIGH!

Totally fucking stupid.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
More pro life now that I've had kids. The sonograms really did it for me. When I was a kid they were blotchy Rorschach tests. Now you can see serious detail, it's great. I'm still pro choice by default though, even though I find the nuts on that side to be every bit as bad as the nuts on the pro life side.

I'm not a life at conception guy. First trimester... leave the government out. After that point though you're talking heartbeat, identifiable sex, facial expression and even early stages of viability. Aborting at that point is fucked up period. I think eventually people will universally look back at later term abortion as barbaric, with the sole exception of life of the mother.

No sense in being civil when they cant muster it. When republicans stop talking about my uterus as chattel I'll stop calling them faggots.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I concede that it should be a choice.. | I am undecided as to whom should be involved in the choice..

The fact that the mother has such a large stake in the pregnancy dictates that she have the largest deciding factor on the pregnancy.

Saying that, I don't think a father (if deemed fit by the state) should be without say. Though the decision resides ultimately with the mother.

I would hope that this would open the floor to other discussion for the mother but ultimately just allow her to make a more informed decision.

To say I agree with abortion would be a lieBUTit is not my place to deny another human their person. I believe that the only time the state (government) should be involved is to settle strange cases and a basis for precedent is needed for the initial outline.

-----

What I don't agree with is people using abortion so flippantly like captain pants on head below. Not really for the use of abortion but the mentality involved.

I have been the proud papa of 3 abortions and have never felt more than a passing guilt about it.Maybe that makes me a sociopath, but what's done is done and tying myself into a knot thinking about what could have been seems like a colossal waste of time.
I honestly detest people like you, you have no respect for the women you sleep with, you have no remorse over the choice you force onto their lives. Sure a choice is a choice but you are forcing these people into a place in which they MUST choose rather than being responsible yourself. This is what bothers me, people don't care as long as it doesn't impact them. You knocked up the first woman (3 that you know about) and instead of being responsible you decided to just keep on keeping on since your life wasn't impacted in a meaningful way.

This isn't an argument AGAINST abortion, it is an argument against assholes...

Proud? Proud of what, 3 needless abortions that could have been solved if you used a condom? Asked if she had Birth Control? Used the Morning After Pill?

Personal experience, you CAN walk into a planned parenthood location and get the morning after pill, typically free of charge...for my personal experience they threw in a moth or two supply of birth control. This is likely not the case at EVERY location obviously...but did you even seek alternatives to blowing your load and then driving off into the sunset?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you seriously trying to fucking white knight the entire female gender at once? They chose to have unprotected sex too.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
No sense in being civil when they cant muster it. When republicans stop talking about my uterus as chattel I'll stop calling them faggots.
There are times where colorful language might emphasis you point. There are times where colorful language and name calling are going to make you look uneducated and detract from your points and arguments. Which of those times do you think this discussion falls under?

There are times where colorful language might emphasis you point. There are times where colorful language and name calling are going to make you look uneducated and detract from your points and arguments. Which of those times do you think this discussion falls under?
Well since this is the general and not grown up forum, I'm not so sure anything detracts from anyones argument.
wink.png

You might not be sick of hearing republicans talking about having the right to tell you what to do with your body under all circumstances including where your own life is in danger, but I am. If you want to play the "you said a name therefore you sound uneducated" red herring card which has zero to do with all the arguments I made - good on you for trying to make it about something else. You have that luxury. (You're welcome).

wink.png

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Are you seriously trying to fucking white knight the entire female gender at once? They chose to have unprotected sex too.
All the women he knocked up didn't post here declaring their "Proud Abortion" standing. He did, thus i am calling his actions / mentality into play. If they start posting, I'll do the same on them. Sound good to you gavin?

Fyro

Golden Squire
As this is the internet and I can say what I truly believe and not skirt the issue I will simply say this.

No one want to have an abortion, no one wants others to have abortions, however it is a reality we need to face. It is not going away. There are too many people in this world, too many unwanted babies, and simply not enough of everything left. Abortions get rid of unwanted will-be babies.

I see nothing wrong with terminating a pregnancy before the bunch of cells becomes a baby.

I know this has been said over and over, but really it does strike home at a certain level, everyone fights for the right of the baby to be born, but they won't fight to get it the care it needs afterwards. It is as if once a baby is born we say fuck it, let the mother take care of it. Obviously she wouldn't be considering an abortion if she was able to take care of it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Well since this is the general and not grown up forum, I'm not so sure anything detracts from anyones argument.
wink.png

You might not be sick of hearing republicans talking about having the right to tell you what to do with your body under all circumstances including where your own life is in danger, but I am. If you want to play the "you said a name therefore you sound uneducated" red herring card which has zero to do with all the arguments I made - good on you for trying to make it about something else. You have that luxury. (You're welcome).
Yup, this was all a red herring to detract from the discussion and was not some friendly advice to help you perhaps make a stronger and more articulate point. Good on you for seeing right through my ruse.

wink.png

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
-----

What I don't agree with is people using abortion so flippantly like captain pants on head below. Not really for the use of abortion but the mentality involved.

I honestly detest people like you, you have no respect for the women you sleep with, you have no remorse over the choice you force onto their lives. Sure a choice is a choice but you are forcing these people into a place in which they MUST choose rather than being responsible yourself. This is what bothers me, people don't care as long as it doesn't impact them. You knocked up the first woman (3 that you know about) and instead of being responsible you decided to just keep on keeping on since your life wasn't impacted in a meaningful way.

This isn't an argument AGAINST abortion, it is an argument against assholes...

Proud? Proud of what, 3 needless abortions that could have been solved if you used a condom? Asked if she had Birth Control? Used the Morning After Pill?

Personal experience, you CAN walk into a planned parenthood location and get the morning after pill, typically free of charge...for my personal experience they threw in a moth or two supply of birth control. This is likely not the case at EVERY location obviously...but did you even seek alternatives to blowing your load and then driving off into the sunset?
Look dude, if you think I was being serious about being proud you are a dumbshit. I was being completely sarcastic. It was a stupid, irresponsible fucking thing I did, I have no excuse that's true, but it all went down 17-20 years ago, I'm not that person anymore. Afterwards I went into a dark, self destructive downward spiral that went on for ten years. Miraculously I somehow pulled out of it and straightened my life out. If I could take it back I would, but I can't and spending the rest of my life feeling guilty doesn't do anyone any good.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
No one should have the right to terminate a life. Not a woman, Not a man, No one. The only exception to this is if said person intentionally terminates another life in cold blood.

Abortions should not be a right outside rape, incest, and to save the mothers life.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
wink.png

Do you feel there should be any restrictions at all on abortion?

wink.png

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one should have the right to terminate a life. Not a woman, Not a man, No one. The only exception to this is if said person intentionally terminates another life in cold blood.

Abortions should not be a right outside rape, incest, and to save the mothers life.
Yeah but that's the whole argument. When is it "a life". Some say conception, others would argue abortion is a "woman's choice" right up until it is out of her body.