Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Damn literally a live action continuation of Rebels. Looks great

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks awesome, but so did all the other shows.

RIP Ray Stevenson. He looks great as a Sith.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy shit
it looks pretty decent. i'm not going to pretend to know who all those characters are (other than Ahsoka), but it looks like Star Wars. they had me at Roasario and Mary Elizabeth. i hope its as good as The Acolyte. :)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it looks pretty decent. i'm not going to pretend to know who all those characters are (other than Ahsoka), but it looks like Star Wars. they had me at Roasario and Mary Elizabeth. i hope its as good as The Acolyte. :)
38f7246dcf153aeceacb2853f7d58583.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida

Eh Rebels is a good watch, so is Clone Wars but I perfer Rebels to it. Episodes are 22 minutes so it doesnt take long, get some good prior non cannon but now cannon stuff that is well done by Filoni. OG voices are here too including James Earl Jones. Jason Issacs as the actual Grand Inquisitor instead of whatever showed up in Obi Won, and Stephen Stanton doing a nearly perfect Grand Moff Tarkin.

Story is fun and light, added Thrawn which was fun and is generally good Star Wars. Also has more Bo Katan stuff which is also in Clone Wars, which is also done well and will make the Mando stuff with her make more sense in context.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Eh Rebels is a good watch, so is Clone Wars but I perfer Rebels to it. Episodes are 22 minutes so it doesnt take long, get some good prior non cannon but now cannon stuff that is well done by Filoni. OG voices are here too including James Earl Jones. Jason Issacs as the actual Grand Inquisitor instead of whatever showed up in Obi Won, and Stephen Stanton doing a nearly perfect Grand Moff Tarkin.

Story is fun and light, added Thrawn which was fun and is generally good Star Wars. Also has more Bo Katan stuff which is also in Clone Wars, which is also done well and will make the Mando stuff with her make more sense in context.
Agree with almost everything you said here but this shit is not fun and light from about halfway through S3 to the end. Some of the most emotional Star Wars there has been in those eps. I'd say final half of Rebels s4 and Siege of Mandalore final 4 eps of Clone Wars is about as fine as Star Wars has ever been. Just had an almost hour convo today with a coworker that binged the last half of the final season last night for the firsr time and he was in shock haha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

That is a common theme with the Filoni cartoons: they start off as pretty standard kid friendly cartoon fare, then the story and characters start dealing with more serious themes and complexity as the series goes on

In a way it mirrors the prequel films: compare the tone of Phantom Menace to Revenge of the Sith

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well more of the expanded universe coming back into focus...

1689782785885.png

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
E-Wing becoming canon is pretty neat. Makes sense though with Thrawn being the focus, we already got the TIE Defender in Rebels but I think it died there as a prototype.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had Ray Stevenson finished his appearance in this before he passed or will there be some jarring disappearance of him written in?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That's a fan trailer, those Thrawn lines are from Rebels. Basically just a recut of the official trailer.