Ahsoka

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Samba TV tracks data from 3 million smart-TVs, with results balanced and weighted to domestic census and demographic data."

Estimates based on a sample size and multiplied by population assumptions.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glenfiddich 18 helps.
I'm a filthy poor, I've only got Glenfiddich 12
Animated GIF

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jedi training: advanced. Learning how masters wear ninja footwear to harass their padawans.

They never are able to depict shields/deflectors presentably in ANY franchise. While I don't dislike the episode it did not have enough meat on the bone for 30 minutes. The plot point with Sabine is similar to later SWTOR plot where the Jedi only pick the "most worthy" force sensitives and deem anyone not talented enough as not worth training as Jedi.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sam witwer in the credits again. take that for whatever it's worth

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
lol that shit was wild! That'll definitely turn off some people that haven't watched Clone Wars or Rebels. Everything in that episode was established in those shows but that will understandably be a hard adjustment for some people. I love when SW gets wierd. Loved it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i enjoyed it but i'd be surprised if most people did. If you didn't like episodes 1-2 i'd say just wait for all episodes to drop before you watch, its kinda clear at this point this is gonna be a McGuffin-driven show with a lot of Rebels deep cuts and moving at a pretty slow pace.

I would guess we don't even see Thrawn until 6 or 7, which reinforces Thrawn is gonna be the Thanos of the Star Wars TV shows for the next few years before Filoni's Thrawn movie.

also we confirmed Jacen is real lol

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't expect Thrawn much until the end, and when he shows up for real its gonna be a curbstomp to the NR. Queue season 2.
The actress playing Sabine is killing it in this show, and the live action Hera grew on me quite a bit this episode, she was one of my big hangups in the first 2 eps.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
interestingly i enjoyed the first 2 episodes a good deal, but i'm kind of meh on this one? there were definitely some nice moments but i'm just... i don't like how there's no uniformity to disney+ episode length. on one hand, it definitely allows an episode to be more plot driven, in that it ends when the story makes sense when it should end instead of artificially adding bloat to make it perfectly fit the 42 minute mark, you know? the same way that a book's chapter isn't always the same number of pages, the chapter ends when it narratively makes sense to do so. however; on the other hand when there is like 25 minute disparities between episode lengths sometimes it feels like we're being shorted.

anyways, i liked seeing sabine train with huyang, maybe there was something similar in an episode of rebels or something that i missed, but i liked seeing the results from sabine's accuracy (or lack thereof). i also like how they are making it very clear that she's great with weapons ONLY because she's a mandalorian, not because she has any tangible connection to the force, and that that weapon's training is only going to go so far. i can only assume she's going to gain SOME measure of force competency in the future, i just hope she earns it and it doesn't just show up all willy nilly.

Yeah I don't expect Thrawn much until the end, and when he shows up for real its gonna be a curbstomp to the NR. Queue season 2.
The actress playing Sabine is killing it in this show, and the live action Hera grew on me quite a bit this episode, she was one of my big hangups in the first 2 eps.

i held out judgement on hera specifically because she didn't have much of anything to do in the first couple episodes. she's gradually getting more to do and needing to show more range so i'm happy with that, but yeah i'm with you in that it felt like... it's like this show feels like rebels Part 2, but just had hera as little more than a cameo and that felt kind of weird? i get that as a general, she's got legit responsibilities so she's not going to just be galavanting around the galaxy like sabine and ahsoka, but it also doesn't feel right to not have anything for her to do. i'm hoping that her role in the show is less action hero and more beaurocratic, like mon mothma. working within the new republic to support ahsoka and sabine.

also i wonder if they should have released things differently... just put the first 2 episodes together as a "movie" and release it, say, a few months ago as it's own thing, but also as sort of a primer for the show, for those who didn't watch rebels or clone wars. since the first 2 episodes ended with that live action version of the ending of rebels, it sort of makes sense to show it as a "this is what's happened since" kind of thing.

and then instead of having 6 30 minute episodes, just release it as like a 4 part hour long miniseries. /shrug

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The space wing fight with Ahsoka and her lightsabers was comically retarded

But I'd watch an entire series of Shin just giving crazy eye stares into the camera with her blonde bang haircut

The flak+smoke explosions from lasers in space as Ahsokas ship is trying to get close to the ring was also pretty amusing

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I haven't watched the cartoons, I'm mainly in this for Thrawn. If they're just going to continue to tease out the big reveal (which they started way back in Mando s2) until the end of the season, I'll just wait until I can burn through them all over a couple evenings. PLMK if he shows up sooner.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is pretty boring when shit isnt blowing up. we already know that Thrawn is a thing, we already know the hyperdrive ship is going to pick him up. i really do love the music in this show. its the only constant source of quality and the gratuitous ass shots of the chinktalian girl and Mary Elizabeth.
also the blonde girl looks like she has a major coke problem.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The space wing fight with Ahsoka and her lightsabers was comically retarded

But I'd watch an entire series of Shin just giving crazy eye stares into the camera with her blonde bang haircut

The flak+smoke explosions from lasers in space as Ahsokas ship is trying to get close to the ring was also pretty amusing
I was thinking the same shit about the smoke explosions in space. Comedy moment

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There isn't a lot to like about this show except one thing: POWERFUL FEMALES!! God, I love how fucking POWERFUL AND AMAZING they are!

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They should have 2 episodes every week. It's kind of bullshit to wait a week for one 30 minute short episode, especially since almost nothing happens.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
There isn't a lot to like about this show except one thing: POWERFUL FEMALES!! God, I love how fucking POWERFUL AND AMAZING they are!

All females
All power
All the time

But where are all the female droids?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
All females
All power
All the time

But where are all the female droids?
Droids are naturally subservient and often buffoons. That's what they are all male. That way they can SERVE POWERFUL FEMALES!!! YES!!!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gosh.. Idiots!

Don't you know your droidlore.

All droids are...

Non-Binary!

• 1Like