Ahsoka

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the only way i see thrawn not being a total idiot is if Ezra has been turned/controlled.
for that to work, that would mean they knew all this was going to happen and that Ahsoka, Sabine, Hera, discount R2D2 and Dave Tennant are complete morons instead. shit, maybe that is what happened.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Also tired of three Jedi standing at one end of a room twirling lightsabers deflecting 1000s of blaster shots. We get it, lightsabers can do that, but it isn’t exciting.

LOL, I noticed this right away, it was so bad.

You can see that the actors cannot twirl them fast so this whole thing looks retarded. They'd have to be deflecting 3-5 plasma bolts every second but instead you have 80 storm troopers firing at 3 people and theyre deflecting 1 bolt every 2 seconds, in what looks like a slo mo abstract dance performance. It looks ridiculous. Here's a shot of 80 storm troopers laying down a storm of fire, cut to the 3 Jedis lazily deflecting 3 random plasma bolts in 5 seconds, cut back to storm troopers filling up the screen with laser bolts.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I’m lukewarm on the finale / season. The entire thing feels like a missed opportunity, similar to how a lot of recent Star Wars feels.

Specific complaints would have to be, as has been mentioned, the Star Destroyer and Thrawn’s repeated attempts to kill the Scooby gang. From toss some bodies at them “ah, a predictable outcome, no matter.” And then “I remember certain admirals underestimating the rebels” followed by more failures and then same “ah, a predictable outcome, no matter.”

His tactic, or goal, was really just to delay them so they could get out but it came off cartoon villain and not a serious bad guy genius strategist. Also tired of three Jedi standing at one end of a room twirling lightsabers deflecting 1000s of blaster shots. We get it, lightsabers can do that, but it isn’t exciting. Watching Ezra and Sabine getting tossed around by those two troopers was hilarious. Sabine using the force I’m guessing was supposed to be a big moment since she had the scene earlier trying to move the cup.

The good! I still think the visuals were pretty good. Not that it was the best CGI that ever CGI’d, but a lot of it felt grand and interesting. Landscapes and locations and space. Ashoka seemed cool and Rosario did fine. Her stiltedness didn’t bother me. Baylan was the obvious highlight. I loved the space whales, not gonna apologize.

It was a little sand bar in a sea of retarded, we just haven’t reached dry land. Not sure there’s any in sight. I do want to watch Andor though based on some comments here.

He literally could have just locked the front door of the star destroyer and stayed there for 50 more years and theres nothing the Scooby Gang could have done. This show is breathtakingly stupid.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You have to have smart writers to write a smart villain. It's why thrawn won't live up to expectations in Disney hands.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Man, usually if I don't like watching something, I'll state my feelings and stop watching it. I think you guys enjoy the world of misery you create for yourselves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The problem they have is they have to nerf villains so the heroes don’t get insta owned.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the primary goal of the show was to bring some of the cartoons characters and lore into the live action setting and eventually act as a bridge between cartoons and movies. They did this at the expanse of the story. I don't know if it will pay off in the longer term or not.

Personally, I would like them to move on from what is the "Skywalker Saga" which comprise Prequels, Originals, Sequels, the cartoons and tv shows and move on a different era with new characters.

For how badly they manage the settings in recent years with average to bad products. The Star Wars universe is still in my opinion a fantastic setting.

I'd personally would love going 200-400 years in the future. Total freedom, is there a jedi order, how different is it from the old one that collapse, is there an empire, what does it look like. Tons of questions without answers. So much potential.

Disney just doesn't seem to have the balls or imagination to explore the possibility.

I like Filoni, he created something cool in Clone Wars and Rebels...but move on dude. It's time to let these characters rest.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
For how badly they manage the settings in recent years with average to bad products. The Star Wars universe is still in my opinion a fantastic setting.
In theory it should be. Pretty much any species of alien or society could exist in their galaxy, and you could tell a bazillion different stories. They've pretty much never tried to leverage that. Everything seems to be the same old characters in the same old places. That's one way I'll give this show credit, at least it tried to do new stuff, even if it was poorly presented for people who don't follow the show.

That's why I'm not trashing on the show, despite it being objectively mediocre or not good in other ways. There's positives that offset it enough that I'm fine with just calling this show a mediocre meh. Probably would have done better if they showed some tits in the previews and hadn't spent the last decade dumpstering the series to a lot of audiences. Seriously though, why does every bitch gotta band or cover up her tits in everything now. It bothers me, and I'm not even attracted to humans.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, usually if I don't like watching something, I'll state my feelings and stop watching it. I think you guys enjoy the world of misery you create for yourselves.
The problem is that it's not 100% bad and it used to be great. If I never liked star wars, then yes I shouldn't be bothering with it. But this show could have been really cool. Like we have an entirely new galaxy with new villains and new allies and a clean slate for new canon.
What did they actually do? Cry about getting back to the old galaxy. Thrawn could have been a god in this galaxy. Amassing his own new empire. New iconic characters to build up. But the utter fucking lack of creativity of these people doom this show at every turn. What a missed opportunity.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The problem is that it's not 100% bad and it used to be great. If I never liked star wars, then yes I shouldn't be bothering with it. But this show could have been really cool. Like we have an entirely new galaxy with new villains and new allies and a clean slate for new canon.
What did they actually do? Cry about getting back to the old galaxy. Thrawn could have been a god in this galaxy. Amassing his own new empire. New iconic characters to build up. But the utter fucking lack of creativity of these people doom this show at every turn. What a missed opportunity.

That's it, they can't get away from the Skywalker Saga time period, events and characters. They just need to move on to something new.

This show has no stakes, it's happening between the originals and the sequels. We know the state of the universe at the beginning of The Force Awakens. Whatever they do in this show or movie set between the originals and the sequels is limited by how the universe is at the beginning of TFA.

Whatever the ultimate goal of Thrawn is, we know that there will be a First Order. He will reestablish the Empire because it doesn't exist in TFA.

So seriously fuck that era, and just move on 200+ years into the future, or go so far back in time like The Old Republic that the current events don't matter because so much time has passed.

I just want them to unfuck my Star Wars and give me good stories. :)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

Do you think if the original trilogy came out today, it would receive spectacular praise and little criticism?

It would probably get shit on pretty heavily by the "i hate everything and nothing is good enough for me" demographic in the Star Wars fan base.

Some of the criticisms we see in this thread like "We need more back story!" or "Why should I like these characters?" would very much be applicable.

• 2Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
LOL, I noticed this right away, it was so bad.

You can see that the actors cannot twirl them fast so this whole thing looks retarded. They'd have to be deflecting 3-5 plasma bolts every second but instead you have 80 storm troopers firing at 3 people and theyre deflecting 1 bolt every 2 seconds, in what looks like a slo mo abstract dance performance. It looks ridiculous. Here's a shot of 80 storm troopers laying down a storm of fire, cut to the 3 Jedis lazily deflecting 3 random plasma bolts in 5 seconds, cut back to storm troopers filling up the screen with laser bolts.
It's just a variation of an overused TV trope that's long outlived its entertainment value.

Nowadays when I see it, it immediately reminds me of GoT when the dead army attacked Winterfell. They showed shot after shot of this terrifying, impossibly energized meat grinder of an army that would instantly turn anything it touched into hamburger, but then in every close up shot it would suddenly devolve into ponderous 1-on-1 combat with old men straining to swing swords.

• 1Double Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He literally could have just locked the front door of the star destroyer and stayed there for 50 more years and theres nothing the Scooby Gang could have done. This show is breathtakingly stupid.
Why don't you quit being such a miserable keyboard warrior and go watch REBELS and CLONE WARS, then try commenting again once you get that level of knowledge dropped on your ass. You can't appreciate the amazing, breathtakingly beautiful scenery and powerful women until you've done that.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Why don't you quit being such a miserable keyboard warrior and go watch REBELS and CLONE WARS, then try commenting again once you get that level of knowledge dropped on your ass. You can't appreciate the amazing, breathtakingly beautiful scenery and powerful women until you've done that.

Imagine traveling to another galaxy inside of a whale, and then being foiled by a door lock.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Filoni watched Star Trek IV one night after doing some bong rips and was like “Hold my beer!” or bong. Whatever.

Every Day Travel GIF by Coldplay

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

there is literally no other series on at the moment that are worth me downloading. Loki just started but that is going to be complete shit.

We watch Star Wars movies/films because the originals were good and the Universe still has potential. As I've said before, any sensible person our age who lived through the prequel disappointment and then the sequel disaster should no longer get their hopes up for Star Wars to be good. But we give each new piece of material a chance because of the potential.

Andor showed that Disney is capable of making a semi decent TV show. It's just that nearly all of their recent output is plagued by the same problems - forced diversity, stupid characters, bad writing, bait and switching, incompetent enemies, nerfed lightsabers etc etc

And you're obviously blissfully unaware that your unrelenting fanboyism for the cartoons is just the flip side of the people hate watching.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's it, they can't get away from the Skywalker Saga time period, events and characters. They just need to move on to something new.

This show has no stakes, it's happening between the originals and the sequels. We know the state of the universe at the beginning of The Force Awakens. Whatever they do in this show or movie set between the originals and the sequels is limited by how the universe is at the beginning of TFA.

Whatever the ultimate goal of Thrawn is, we know that there will be a First Order. He will reestablish the Empire because it doesn't exist in TFA.

So seriously fuck that era, and just move on 200+ years into the future, or go so far back in time like The Old Republic that the current events don't matter because so much time has passed.

I just want them to unfuck my Star Wars and give me good stories. :)
But they could have. This was their chance to get away from the Skywalker saga and start a new saga. There is nothing in this new galaxy that is tied to the other. Fuck. None of Team Ahsoka is even in the Disney sequels. they still chose to embrace the memberberries of established safe characters.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Imagine traveling to another galaxy inside of a whale, and then being foiled by a door lock.
LMAO tell me you haven't seen REBELS S2 E15 Minute 7:28-8:39 without telling me you haven't seen REBELS S2 E15 Minute 7:28-8:39.

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure about that Filoni movie starring Thrawn as a broke bum.

The finale didn't really do much to launch Filoni's story into a cinematic universe.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure about that Filoni movie starring Thrawn as a broke bum.

The finale didn't really do much to launch Filoni's story into a cinematic universe.

Well, the way to setup a movie from where S1 ended is basically to have the opening crawl be something like this.

/Crawl stars
After his return from Peridea, Grand Admiral Thrawn kicks the Republic ass, and is on his way to restore the Empire to it's full glory.

Luckily, Ezra has hidden the plans for the destruction <insert evil planet destroying weapon here> into the brave droid Chomper.

Chomper just escape Thrawn's Nightsister and has landed on <insert new planet covered in sand here> where he meets <insert black female transgender gay character here> who helps him search for the rest of the rebels to deliver the plans so they find an <insert new race that has no technology> that will help them defeat the Empire's ground troop on a <insert new green lush planet here> while our hero flies and shoots a super obvious flaw in the design of <insert evil planet destroying weapon here> to save the galazy.
/Crawl ends

I'm a bad writer I know, but you get the idea.