Aladdin (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
4chan on top of that shit. still image of course.. but if they can give whats her face huge eyes.. give Will a wider jaw.
View attachment 194394

Yeah.. I don't think it's that hard in this day and age to hit this mark. Maybe they want Will Smith to be recognizable but they set the precedence. No matter how good the actor or the part ends up, when you think of Disney's Aladdin, you're going to think of the blue figure from the cartoon. It's one thing if you're on broadway and have those limitations but with a live action movie with all the available technology, you go all out and hit the marks. Especially as something as iconic as the genie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they want Will Smith to be recognizable

That's exactly it. This is more "FEATURING WILL SMITH", "DONT FORGET, WILL SMITH". Disney producers see what they are paying him.

0 chance they remove his likeness from this movie unless the backlash is extremely severe. This is about money first and foremost.

Will Smith is money. You can't pay a guy all this fucking money to not have his likeness in the movie. That is counter-intuitive.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

New trailer is significantly better. Still a little on the fence but this would have made a much better first impression. It's just so hard to follow up a story so driven and trademarked by a specific actor. I guess you have to move on to be fair to the movie/story but maybe Will Smith will do much better than I'm imagining once you see the movie in its entirety. Much better though with this trailer.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks a lot better, but Jafar is still horrible. Genie still horrible in that opening scene when he comes out of the lamp. I understand the human version when around other people, makes sense, but I wish he was a little more Genie and a lot less Will Smith.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
...I wish he was a little more Genie and a lot less Will Smith.

This sums up everything I think about this movie. Unfortunately if it's one thing we should have all learned by now is that virtally all Will Smith movies are essentially "Will Smith as Will Smith being <character name>"

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

New trailer is significantly better. Still a little on the fence but this would have made a much better first impression. It's just so hard to follow up a story so driven and trademarked by a specific actor. I guess you have to move on to be fair to the movie/story but maybe Will Smith will do much better than I'm imagining once you see the movie in its entirety. Much better though with this trailer.

Gillbert Gottfried is not in this movie - 100% confirmed it will now suck shit.
Pretty sure Will Smith Genie will be contractually obligated to say "Ahhhh Hell Nawww" at least 5 times during the course of the film.
Jafar pure homosexual - see below.

Aladdin-Live-Action-Jafar.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, genie is still terribad. Will Smith is doing his Hitch role again. i liked Hitch so i will probably watch this at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
looks like a bollywood movie

for anyone a fan of Bashir he was in season 3 of Peaky Blinders, a pretty small bit part but its a great show on netflix/BBC

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree the Genie looks bad, but let's be honest here, nothing will ever come close to the animated version by Robin Williams and any genie in any version of Aladdin will always be compared to that version, and will always fall short.

• 1Like